It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs Poop in Alignment with Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Mine always faces East ... ass end towards Mecca ... LOL. Not #ting you either!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
any other thread i see people attacking the source, this is vice people. come on now.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
6 pages on this so far?????......really?...the alignment of a pooping dog???...holding head in both hands, embarrassed to be associated with the human race
edit on 4-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

FatherStacks
I guess I owe my labrador an apology. Here I thought she was just too good to crap in the same place twice, when in reality she was aligning with the poles. Who would've thought a dog taking a dump could be so fascinating? The compass is going with me on the next walk.

Yea LOL. When they can start crapping in the same place instead of bombing out the whole yard I may look into this.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
S&F
Who said you can never teach an ole dog new thing....
Learn something new everyday.... and that is no crap!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I have an English bulldog and he does indeed seem to predominately poop in alignment with the North South Axis, however, he is indiscriminate in his direction during urination.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Hope to ear about you scientific observations as to see if it matches the proposal. Of course that your observations may be skewed if the EMF is polluted.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I knew there was a reason I spun around on the toilet.

This is a funny sounding but neat-o study and more pointers towards em having a larger influence on life than many thought.

Though my doggie has succumbed to the big sleep, my friend's doggie who I frequently walk will make a fine follow-up study... though I have already correlated her tendency to drag her butt to the proximity of pretty women on our walks.
edit on 1/4/2014 by Baddogma because: a to e defines degree

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I guess at some point we will see a new paranormal phenomena

Crap circles.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why buy a compass, Lets go out back FIDO.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

AP................Breaking News..................Dogs all over the globe are sh.t..g backwards ......possible poll shift........................

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The spinning ritual is done even more so as an inherent need to walk down or trample grass and vegetation into a more suitable bedding location for domesticated dogs ancestors. Dogs are highly repetitive when going doody.

IMO It has more to do with what direction they approach a structure day in and day out that may or may not have scents from other dogs. From these things the dog depending on how bad it has to go will usually do the same amount of turns and pacing until it finds the same sweet spot.

I personally don't believe the op research is factual.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh god the picture of that dog hahaha ! This made my morning somehow lol.... And hey i wouldnt doubt it animals seem too know things about weather we just.. dont

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Logarock

FatherStacks
I guess I owe my labrador an apology. Here I thought she was just too good to crap in the same place twice, when in reality she was aligning with the poles. Who would've thought a dog taking a dump could be so fascinating? The compass is going with me on the next walk.

Yea LOL. When they can start crapping in the same place instead of bombing out the whole yard I may look into this.

Same here. Its like a mine field out there and they arent real particular where they decide to place a mine. I have a fenced area to contain the poo mines from the rest of my property... and Im not above chucking a poo back at a dog owner who allows their precious doggie to crap in my front yard.
Nothng more pleasant than going into my front yard landscaped areas and planting in the spring.. and grabbing a loaf the neighbors dog left me.

In winter I dont do doodoo patrol. In the spring , fall and summer.. Im picking up poop. THIS year Im depositing it in a certain area again. I tried it last year.. no dice. I keep trying to train all 3 to crap in ONE area.. nope. Doesnt work. I told my kids Id pay em a buck for every pile they shoveled up.. I cant even PAY someone to do it for me. LOL!!

In the end.. I see no evidence of there being ANY rhyme or reason where dogs poop.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

HandyDandy

We have people dying of starvation or people who can't afford to get a simple basic life saving shot, but we can spend countless dollars following dogs around while they poop?

I hate this planet.

And conversely those are the reasons I LOVE this planet.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Is this phenomenon just with dogs or do other animals do it too? As I havnt noticed my cat doing this.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I actually enjoy reading about research like this; first of all I have always dismissed feng shui as another "silly science" but over the past few years things like this article have begun to convince me that there may be some truth to it. After all our brains are just chemical and electrical signals. positioning ourselves at different angles along a magnetic field may help different portions function. I know my productivity at work has increased since I repositioned the direction of my Desk, although this may be due to the fact that I can no longer stare out the window.

S&F for the poster

rob

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sakrateri

Plus, what relevance does this have on ANYTHING in life? Is it going to save someone's life in the future?

Well if someone is walking in the woods with a dog and they get lost they only have to wait for the dog to poop and they can find their way out!

You might be on something. Dogs can find their way very well. I wonder if they poop this way for getting the right direction(s)So it might not be without reason. Also dogs also Always go crazy with their back legs after they finished pooping, maybe to get the direction locked in their body lol?

Salmons I just read got a build in gps system:
news.sciencemag.org...

Despite having no life experience, young salmon in the Pacific Northwest somehow travel hundreds or thousands of kilometers from their native streams to feed and grow in the ocean. While they can use their sense of smell to get back home to spawn, Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) have an inborn sense of direction that functions like a GPS. Scientists now suspect that with no prior knowledge, they use Earth’s magnetic field to find the right ocean habitat. To make the discovery, researchers placed hatchery-raised juveniles inside a bucket and exposed them to artificially generated magnetic fields. When the angle and intensity of the field matched the southernmost part of their ocean range, the fish oriented themselves to face north or northeast. The magnetic field at the northernmost range caused them to point south or southwest. By orienting within these two extremes, the salmon can find the feeding grounds of their ancestors, the team reports today in Current Biology. Because sea turtles use a similar magnetic map, the researchers speculate that many migratory marine animals, such as eels, sharks, and seals, may also navigate using magnetic fields.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

doorhandle

HandyDandy

We have people dying of starvation or people who can't afford to get a simple basic life saving shot, but we can spend countless dollars following dogs around while they poop?

I hate this planet.

And conversely those are the reasons I LOVE this planet.

Yup. Existence brings tragedy. We find pleasure in between those tragedies as best we can. Stopping to smell the roses....sometimes its praised, sometimes reviled.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join