It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs Poop in Alignment with Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Me too. I've had dogs and cats and fish and birds including a chicken named Henrietta and a rabbit named Petey. I kidnapped a duck when I was eight but my mother made me give him back.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It's common enough that folks have noticed this so.....
There's one in every crowd.

link   
MY dog was facing slightly northeast.
the end

link   

AutumnWitch657
I kidnapped a duck when I was eight but my mother made me give him back.

That is soooo something I would have done at that age. lol

On topic: I do wonder why dogs do this. Does it get it out easier? What is the motivation?

edit on 3-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I thought they aligned with the wind to help with take off but I could be wrong. Seagulls all perch in the same direction too. Why do you never see seagulls in trees? Only on top of telephone poles or wires.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Ill tell you something interested about seagulls.....i live over 1000 miles from the ocean, and we have no real appreciable body of water outside some briney creek lakes. But we have a HUGE population of seagulls that inhabit an area adjacent to a small spring in an old abandoned wal mart parking lot. Hundreds of them. The only other place you find them is at the landfill. Everywhere else in town its pigeons. And lots of them.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL the importance of this. Are we going to realign our toilets to make the job easier? What happens to the Phillips milk of magnesia folks if everyone poops regular? It's interesting but I don't see any benefit to mankind from noting this doggy habit.

Well, i did write a rather lengthy post that outlines the research potential of such things. Was it TL;DR?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I think someone needs a little doggie companion. It might make you a happier person. You are getting a little too riled up about this article. Not everything in life has to be so serious.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That's it...I'm going to keep a compass in my toilet, so I can align my own self to magnetic north. I'll dutifully quantify my excretionary datum and present my thesis here on ATS for all of you to enjoy!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Seems them Vikings didn't need no fancy sun-stone looking device after all, just a hound with enough ground to aim North.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Next time you stand up, check and see it it has floated itself into a N/S alignment.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
the end

True North east or Magnetic North east?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Stormdancer777
the end

True North east or Magnetic North east?

Now listen here don't confuse me.

This
Foxes use the Earth’s magnetic field as a targeting system
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SteffieJo

LOL. I'm not getting riled up about anything. I find it amusing actually.

p.s. I would love a doggie companion but alas I am unfortunate to live in a city and my building only allows fish.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

HandyDandy
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

We have people dying of starvation or people who can't afford to get a simple basic life saving shot, but we can spend countless dollars following dogs around while they poop?

I hate this planet.

The fundamental problem is that once we sort out the water and food situation for these people by drilling wells, and importing food-aid, they simply have more children, start a war, have more famines, and we're all back to square one.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"Dogs Poop in Alignment with Earth's Magnetic Field"

So do I

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What this tells us is that dogs, and probably other animals, have the ability to sense magnetic lines of flux, and identify North and South by sense alone.

An ability we either lost, or never had.

What other phenomenon can animals sense that we can not?

This is an extremely important discovery.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

History of the last century has proven that throwing money at third world nations does not solve their problems.

What is created is a larger population completely dependent on foreign aid, with a very corrupt local government determined to grab all the money they can, rather than the aid go to the people.

Most of the aid goes to some ruthless dictator who created most of the problems in the first place.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

ive re-aligned my pups tray, since reading this, to allow him north to south ... was previously east to west ..

hopefully things will be a bit less messy now ... he almost seems to 'refuse' to get it all in the tray, and kinda just lands awkwardly, at the outside edge, on my carpet ..

he is trying for the tray .. but somehow, his mind doesnt allow him to want to go in properly .. and as long as his 2 front paws are on the tray, he thinks thats close enough

would be amazin if this made it more appealing for him ...

how'd that work out? Is poochie pooing in preferable position now?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
funny thread!

i noticed my pug does go N/S.
she has a poop tray in the bathroom, aligned E/W and when i catch her, she is facing the wall or the open door.

which is N/S.
our other dog goes upstairs and i don't get to see him do it.
but i will look today. lol!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join