It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs Poop in Alignment with Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The doves around my house do the same thing. Of course, they only sit still early inthe morning, and they may be getting the broad side of their body in the sun. I don't know motivation, only observation.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The Vagabond
This could be quasi meaningful some day. We are discovering that animals and possibly humans have a sensitivity to electromagnetism that is not currently understood.

Ah, they just need to study my next younger brother. His superpower is navigation, which stood him in good stead as a cav scout. Man, did they love Todd. He can tell you where you are. It's uncanny to watch him.

You can stand the boy in a room with no view of the outside that he's not oriented to, and he'll look around and point north. Every time. He also has this odd sense of where he is. You can show him a map of an area he's never been to, take him somewhere in that area blindfolded and he'll look around and then point on the map to where he's at. Every time. Sometimes he has to walk around in it a few seconds but I've never seen him fail.

They used to put him in the lead vehicle and use him for a GPS.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

well-suited, from the sound of things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but let's get back to the 'topic' at hand ....

Dogs Poop in Alignment with Earth's Magnetic Field

ugh....

:LOL:
LOL

edit on 1/2/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

12m8keall2c
reply to post by Bedlam

well-suited, from the sound of things.

He's uncanny. I could easily believe that you can innately detect direction, though, it's too useful an ability.

Not that I got any of that. GPS is my friend. My next older and younger brothers got the magnetic field sense genes.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

garmin 'addicts' abound.

[ETA]

yet we're stuck with google maps/GPS, phones
edit on 1/2/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I am torn. On one hand I'm saying to myself "Geeze. This has four pages?!"

and on the other...

I'm saying "Holy crap! No kidding?! That explains a lot."

(Pun intended)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

My ritual prior to defecations is reading.

I prefer Reader's Digest but Sports Illustrated works too.
reply to post by SLAYER69

This may be a bit off topic....but don't read on the toilet dude!!! Hemorroids are what you will get if you continue...you've been warned.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

HandyDandy

Good to know. I actually looked for more info. I guess being at work and in a hurry doesn't pay off.

Plus, I was under the impression that mammals being sensitive to magnetic waves was a given already. Hence my reaction.
edit on 2-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

No problem, I've made many a hasty posts myself. Also, I apologize that it appeared as if I were calling you out.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Bedlam

The doves around my house do the same thing. Of course, they only sit still early inthe morning, and they may be getting the broad side of their body in the sun. I don't know motivation, only observation.

Same can be said about these dogs.

We don't know motivation nor do we know what the mechanism is. Just observation so far, and a few already have differed from this observation in this thread itself (thus negating said observation).

I would be impressed with this research if they were actually trying to find out the motivation and/or the mechanism and not just observing a dog poop for 2 years.

Cool information none-the-less though. Just not as important as many here are making it out to be IMO.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Treespeaker
I wonder what benefit they receive by doing this behaviour.

There must be a reason the species developed this in the long run, or a residual past benefit of some kind...maybe a predator would be less likely to smell them?

Wierd topic.

Cheers.

It must hasten the job. You never see ads for doggy laxatives do you ?
Cats don't do this. They dig .
Think I'll spin around a few times next time.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You just need to have at one time or another owned a dog. No special study is needed to know the behavior is common to all dogs. You must be a cat person. LOL.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL the importance of this. Are we going to realign our toilets to make the job easier? What happens to the Phillips milk of magnesia folks if everyone poops regular? It's interesting but I don't see any benefit to mankind from noting this doggy habit.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Do you have troubles with that tribble ? One of my favorite star trek episodes.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
No special study is needed to know the behavior is common to all dogs.

We have three posters in this thread that watched their dogs poo yesterday and they said that they did NOT align themselves. So, is this really common to ALL dogs?

Since we have people observing different behavior in their dogs, that makes this study null and void IMO. Since it is only an observational study and within one day we have differing observations.

You must be a cat person. LOL.

Why limit yourself? I love ALL animals.
edit on 3-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Mine too.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

My youngest son is like that. He has an uncanny sense of direction. We noticed it when he was very young.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

HandyDandy

AutumnWitch657

Mine too.

Who doesn't love a tribble. LOL.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

I starred you because you made me laugh. Never mind the position of the Sun or the moss on the north side of a tree just take a doggy with you. Then you have a compass and a companion. Just make sure you feed the dog right before you go on your hike.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Four pages about dogs pooping. Who'd a thunk it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It proves the theory poop runs downhill?

I wonder why scientists wanted to study this? But I think the results are most interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join