It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all dead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hello ATS

I was sitting here thinking why does everything have to be dead before we eat or consume it? All animals we eat have to be killed first, vegetables have to be pulled from their roots-their lifeforce. Fruit has too be taken from trees-its lifeforce. As the old saying goes "You are what you eat..." So, in effect since we eat death, are we all dead?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

As dead as coffin nails.

I wonder then, would the only way to life be to stop our subsistence on death?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Love the philosphy behind this even thoughts it's only a few lines.

Let me postulate this~

Banana's still ripen (thus have life) once seperated from the tree, hence it's still alive.

Is "water"? Dead? As I view water as life in a bottle and we all need it.

Killing an animal does not make the meat die right away, it only slowly rots, so in essence is the meat dead or just on the way to being rotten?

All fruits and vegetables have a shelf life once pulled from the source, they are not dead but rotting.

Again, I would like to keep oh the philisophical level of this thread so I postulate these thoughts to you in wait of your answer.

Best regards,

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

surely it the bacteria that are alive instead of the banana?
hmmm I think I may try that extreame form of sushi

funBox

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Things must die to allow new life's emergence in our world, it is a constant cycle of birth, death, birth. What do you consider life to be?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

sulaw

Love the philosphy behind this even thoughts it's only a few lines.

Let me postulate this~

Banana's still ripen (thus have life) once seperated from the tree, hence it's still alive.
Is "water"? Dead? As I view water as life in a bottle and we all need it.
Killing an animal does not make the meat die right away, it only slowly rots, so in essence is the meat dead or just on the way to being rotten?
All fruits and vegetables have a shelf life once pulled from the source, they are not dead but rotting.
Again, I would like to keep oh the philisophical level of this thread so I postulate these thoughts to you in wait of your answer.
Best regards,

Bananna's still ripen-true
Meat slowly rots-true

But once you take it from its life force it's dying or in the process of dying when you think about it. When was the last time you ate anything that was still alive and moving?

Water is, most like;y, the only exception. However, is water a living thing? I'd say no, and that water is more of a spirit than a living thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Does this mean vampires and zombies are actually alive?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Your birth will be the death of you

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Brotherman

Things must die to allow new life's emergence in our world, it is a constant cycle of birth, death, birth. What do you consider life to be?

You can't have life without death. You can't have light without dark. I think life is the realization of death-that everything is dead. There are arguments on the other end of this topic. I want to hear what ATS has to say.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum

Your birth will be the death of you

Once we're born we are on a path towards eventual death. So, in a sense, yes...Your birth is the death of you.....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I swallowed a live small smelt one day. I never want to do that again. They sure flip around a lot when they hit your stomach acid.

Food isn't dead when we eat it. If it was dead there would be no life in it. We have to consume life to live. Life is full of energy, death has a lack of energy. When we die, we are supposed to feed other life. I don't know why we are embalmed, I suppose they don't want anyone coming back to life and discrediting the doctors diagnosis.

Some days I feel half dead, I need a nap so I can be alive again.
edit on 2-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

For several years I witnessed firsthand the grazing habits of microcosmal corporate America. The salad bar at the local cafe during a "normal" lunchtime seemed more a jungle setting from the overgrowth: and don't get me started with the denizens. EDIT::: Suffice it to say the background music should have been an occasional screaming macaw instead of Kenny G. I never liked either much except by now the bird wins out a little.EOE

The healthiest foliage can be killed with toppings-- although I absolutely love extremely salty, aged hog back particles above the emulsified totally rotten French goat's milk curd with the attractive and tangy blue flecks of rampant specialized bacterium. I called the dressing 'bungle drums' LOL.
Or we could just plant things outside that grow tall enough risomes for us to just walk by and hit them for ten minutes at midday. On the other hand, even Eloi used crockery and sat down... I take it back.

Humans-- totally illogical are we some of us. Spockstein out.
edit on 2-1-2014 by derfreebie because: "Perfect" is a superlative indicating a finite mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

rickymouse

I swallowed a live small smelt one day. I never want to do that again. They sure flip around a lot when they hit your stomach acid.

Food isn't dead when we eat it. If it was dead there would be no life in it. We have to consume life to live. Life is full of energy, death has a lack of energy. When we die, we are supposed to feed other life. I don't know why we are embalmed, I suppose they don't want anyone coming back to life and discrediting the doctors diagnosis.

Some days I feel half dead, I need a nap so I can be alive again.
edit on 2-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Good point. The meat might have life in it but the animal the meat comes from is no more; dead. I would say that death isn't a lack of energy but it's a different type of energy; maybe a different polarity.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

But once you take it from its life force it's dying or in the process of dying when you think about it. When was the last time you ate anything that was still alive and moving?

Water is, most like;y, the only exception. However, is water a living thing? I'd say no, and that water is more of a spirit than a living thing.

I've eaten bugs before, Ants specifically... They only crawl before you crunch /ewwwwww

Is water really dead? There's life even at the most sub atomic level is there not? Are Minerals not part of the essence of life and what makes up the human body? Just not life as how its defined by humankind?

Some already posted it regarding birth being the first day you start to die, so true and morbid on several levels however, that would intend "we came from a source"? Life is eternal? (In the most non Religiously stated format of coarse)

Or furthermore, have you not seen for example, an Apple that has not been picked, over ripen on the vine and rot, only to be eaten by that rascally honeybadger?

I don't deny that we are all dead (figuratively speaking and just being frank, but my names not frank), but I would like to know what the definition of life is. Personally speaking of coarse.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Technically even if you ate an apple that was still attached to the tree, the piece you eat would die before or by the time they reach your stomack. Same with everything else. I think it's better that way. You dont' want something that's "alive" entering your stomack.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Go into your refer and grab a carrot. Cut the top half inch off and plant it. It will form a plant but it is a second year carrot so the fruit will be the seeds it creates. Take the seeds and plant them the next spring any you will have carrots. Always leave a few carrots to create new seeds the next year.

Take the celery off your stalk and plant the middle little celerys. They will grow tall and big but they do not have much flavor, the outermost celery stalks have the most chemicals to deter pests so they have more good taste to most of us.

I can go on and on. When something can be eaten by bacteria, it has little energy. It is their job to clean up death. A cow hangs for weeks and does not rot, the chemicals in the beef keep bacteria at bay. Life is about proper chemistry creating energy. When the energy is gone, than that life is gone, the microbes will move in.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There's plenty of things People eat that are alive when consumed

Ikizukuri is probably the most disturbing I've encountered(have not tried) preferably I much rather be a death eater ( Harry Potter reference not intended)

www.thrillist.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

lostbook

Brotherman

You can't have life without death. You can't have light without dark. I think life is the realization of death-that everything is dead. There are arguments on the other end of this topic. I want to hear what ATS has to say.

If everything is dead means there is nothing alive. What I am trying to convey to you is that there is a form of cosmic balance that of which requires there to be equal and opposing forces.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Krillian Photgraphy shows everything has a life force emitting an aura.....
I assume that this force is still present for an indefinite period after cutting whatever it is off from its sustenance.
Death comes far more slowly to some.......veges etc can retain much more of their "life force" than things which depend upon blood to circulate that same force in living creatures.....
The blood of a creature is in essence the life of that same creature.......
Perhaps there is a reason why the bible, and other traditions demand the creature be bled before consumption?
just sayin........................

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

stirling
Krillian Photgraphy shows everything has a life force emitting an aura.....
I assume that this force is still present for an indefinite period after cutting whatever it is off from its sustenance.
Death comes far more slowly to some.......veges etc can retain much more of their "life force" than things which depend upon blood to circulate that same force in living creatures.....
The blood of a creature is in essence the life of that same creature.......
Perhaps there is a reason why the bible, and other traditions demand the creature be bled before consumption?
just sayin........................

I have heard before something to the effect of "the life is in the blood" I can't say for sure where I heard this but have often thought of the truth behind such a statement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join