It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Sensible, No Nonsense, Logical Plea To Cops...Wake up! (Vid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nope, not my plea although I do echo her sentiments 100%. I have posted my plea quite a few times but this really gets to the heart of it more than I ever could.

I have seen her vids a few times and this one has made the most sense to me above all others.

She calls herself "Josie The Outlaw" but not for reasons that might spring immediately to mind for most people. Nope, not that kind of outlaw at all. Her weapons are her words and logic. Her convictions are the foundation.

Watch the vid for yourself and you will understand why I believe that her message to LEO's across the US and the Globe should be viewed daily and adopted as a learning tool next to their Academy manuals. Printed out and carried next to their ticket pads, held up to the mirror next to their reflection and perhaps even personally signed as a promise to themselves, their family, friends and to those of whom they are charged to protect.

Peace

Her site:

josietheoutlaw.com...

Most people would be terrified at the thought that their world might soon transform into a state of complete "anarchy." However, in one sense that is precisely what humanity needs.

To many, the term "anarchy" implies violent chaos and bloody mayhem, and a complete breakdown of organized society-- a situation no decent person wants. What the word literally means, however, is "rule by no one," a society without any ruling class. And while people are right to believe that authoritarian "law and order" is the opposite of "anarchy," they are wrong to put their faith in the former, or to fear the latter.

In fact, those events which best epitomize the negative meaning of "anarchy"--chaos, death and destruction--have always been the direct result of government. Yet many people still fear freedom more than they fear government.

In case some might still want to go further in understanding her meaning of "Outlaw"...

Peace

edit on 2-1-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

First of all, she makes intelligence look hot.

Now, lawmakers put laws on the books that officers have to enforce in order to please the lobbyists who donate heavily to their campaigns. As long as this practice takes place there will always be a disparity between that which is illegal, and that which actually hurts society. Keeping in mind that a lot of the instances she referenced are in the minority of cases that police officers actually arrest people for. People take issue with them because since they make the news, people think it happens all the time. It doesn't.

Also, being a police officer, first and foremost, is a paycheck. Unemployment is high and people are very competitive with each other to find gainful employment. Officers do what they're told without a lot of thought to the final result because they don't want to get fired. Much like the person working an assembly line. People say that officers should be held to a higher standard because of the nature of their job. I disagree. Making them think that they're somewhat better than other people in order to justify holding them to higher standards than their fellow humans is asking for all sorts of trouble. The dark side of an ego being the worst. People seem to forget that the average man, 8 days out of 10, is perfectly capable of policing their own behavior.

Not every police officer in America makes an arrest or writes a ticket when someone does something wrong. The court system simply isn't big enough to handle that kind of workload, and not every cop is a prick.

Change has come from the top. If you don't have stupid laws, you won't have stupid arrests. it's that simple.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

Change has come from the top. If you don't have stupid laws, you won't have stupid arrests. it's that simple.

Exactly the point of the second video and couldn't agree more.

But...

People say that officers should be held to a higher standard because of the nature of their job. I disagree.

When the nature of a job involves the right to carry a gun and point it at the populace, I have to disagree that they shouldn't be held to higher standards. If you carry a gun, citizen or cop you must carry that weight with more responsibility.

Thanks for the input.

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

jude11
reply to post by DeepImpactX

Exactly the point of the second video and couldn't agree more.

But...

People say that officers should be held to a higher standard because of the nature of their job. I disagree.

When the nature of a job involves the right to carry a gun and point it at the populace, I have to disagree that they shouldn't be held to higher standards. If you carry a gun, citizen or cop you must carry that weight with more responsibility.

Thanks for the input.

Peace

This country was founded on and requires that the common folks can and should raise arms against unjust enforcement of illegal laws, 2nd amendment comes to mind....this is backed not only by law, but legal precedent.

'John bad elk' being only one, where the supremes ruled, without a shadow of a doubt, that " a citizen has the right to resist unlawful arrest up to and including taking the offending officers life if necessary to ensure their rights"

The quote might not be word for word, as I am too lazy to look it up, but i assure you it carries the correct meaning. There are also many others on record, I can provide a link if needed, but I think that one quote alone states it pretty clearly.

Molan labe, paratus sum!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The LOLAPD realized too late that their families live in the same communities they are oppressing when Officer Charles Dorner went after officers family members.
Imagine how it is going to be when the Dorners outnumber the officers 1000 to 1.
Good officers will have to come back into the fold of those they supposedly "protect" or face the reality that their families are going to be bargaining chips.
They will have to choose before it is too late.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

g146541
reply to post by jude11

The LOLAPD realized too late that their families live in the same communities they are oppressing when Officer Charles Dorner went after officers family members.
Imagine how it is going to be when the Dorners outnumber the officers 1000 to 1.
Good officers will have to come back into the fold of those they supposedly "protect" or face the reality that their families are going to be bargaining chips.
They will have to choose before it is too late.

I believe you're correct and the vid states as same. Hence the plea.

I believe that many will see the error of their allegiance and will come to realize that in order to truly protect themselves and families, the only thing they have to do is what is right.

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"To Protect and Serve" have gone the way of integrity and honor, there is very little left if any at all.

The cops that would draw the line are not cops or quit within the first year.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by jude11

"To Protect and Serve" have gone the way of integrity and honor, there is very little left if any at all.

The cops that would draw the line are not cops or quit within the first year.

You simply don't understand the meaning.
To protect (ourselves) and serve (BAM!! YOU GOT SERVED!!!).

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'd applaud, but there are people sleeping downstairs...

If a good soldier is one who does not question orders, then a good soldier is a horrible person.

new topics

top topics

join