It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore option?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by crazyewok

Imo you aren't trying very hard. I'm referring to the "blockheads" as well as "progressives." Personally I wouldn't even have responded to this but I have hope that this crap will end.

Yeah........... That kinda just got under my skin. I just hate people attaching labels. I guess that makes me abit of a blockhead too haha

But I see your point.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Speaking strictly from my member perspective?

Wouldn't you think an Ignore option would get maddening, even when you set it on people yourself? If they happen to be active folks who post a lot, you'll miss what they say but then you'll see all the replies both agreeing and disagreeing (one side or the other, sure to be the wrong side for ya) without so much as the context of why 'these stupid replies' are coming.

..of course, quotes would likely still be visible, further compounding the confusion.

Thinking of all that? Heck.. I wouldn't want the option myself. Sounds like more mental work than just skipping on past the annoyance in question.

You know what like always your right.

I gues I would only use it for 2 people. And there dont so much as say anything usefull ( for me anyway :lol

But if its there wil be people that will use it left right and center and it would create a absolute mess.

I guess a ignore option is powerfull tool and if missued could end up screwing up your own viewing pleasure!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Trust me mate it would take a hell of a lot to get on my black list, infact if you have to ask then your not even close to being on it

Hell there a lot of members who I disgree with 99% of the time but I would regard them as ATS friends and value there contributions regardless.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Oh I completely understand the desire. I have no particular wish to 'ignore' people with different ideas and beliefs. If I had the availability to use an ignore function, it would likely be most frequently deployed on those with whom I have at least superficial agreement. It's not the idea that's offensive, it's almost always the delivery.

There are plenty of people I 'ignore' there just isn't a site function to assist with it.

We say it all the time, 'don't feed the trolls'. There are most definitely people here looking to get a rise out of someone. Responding to nonsense just encourages them.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

That's just it guys....you can't pick and choose...same as in life. You meet all sorts and sometimes have to spend time (at work) with some of them. It's part of your life mission to learn to bend and twist.

These posters you mention should serve as a daily reminder...it's a zoo out there...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There are some members who i totally disagree with every single time on certain issues but on other issues im in total agreement.

You just have to take the rough with the smooth. Having an ignore button wont change the flow of direction in the thread.

edit on 2-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Side question: I can't seem to "hide" forums on the recent posts page anymore, clicking the - negative button seems to only remove the thread, but not all threads/the whole forum - has this ability been eliminated with this new board design?

ETA: ...and nevermind, seems like it's working for me now. User error, I guess
edit on 2-1-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by webedoomed

I get that some people we should learn to live with.

And there are a few I guess I dont like on ATS but I wouldnt not ignore or block them.

But no matter who you are there is alway 1 or 2 people that you just cant exist with and will alway know how to press you buttons.

I think that there is the key. There are people here who deliberately press buttons, not in the course of conversation, but just to piss off a person or persons in a thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I appreciate an ignore function myself. I don't think forcing people to face others who insult subtly enough to avoid sanction is valuable as a tool for 'growth'. While I understand the need to speed up the site I can easily see it creating more hostility. Typically I encourage people to ignore to avoid escalating conflict.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Meh, I would probably use the ignore button on myself.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The best way is just to not bother reading the post if you think it should be ingnored. You do not need an ignore button for that..

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

yeahright > The ignore function was removed because it slowed the site down significantly. Rendering a different set of viewing options to individual members based upon a member's individual selection of criteria bogs things down a lot.

The ability to filter out low-quality content is critical for me.

When one reaches my age, time becomes a precious commodity.

Thank you for the explanation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join