It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has A Constitution Free Zone? WTF!!????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This made sense when it was a 25 mile border zone exclusion zone and I've lived with that for trucking since the first dispatcher told me about a "great load in Laredo"...laughing at my green tint for having no clue what that meant for me....

Having a way for border patrol to flat out check, without the B.S. of a Judge right there...because the smugglers made it a mile north instead of getting them right ON the fence line itself? That makes sense. Along the Mexican border, you have roadways and checkpoints built from years ago WITH that specifically in mind and planned for in terms of one way up and choke points into checkpoints.

25 miles was impractical in some areas like San Diego/San Ysidro because that takes it right into downtown American cities ...NOT borderlands as intended.

100 miles?!?!? Are they legislating under the influence? ..and what influence? STUPID seems to fit as Fascist requires a degree of intelligence and deliberate planning I don't give lawmakers credit for. They're too corrupt for that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

This judge should be removed from impeached from power, he swore an oath the protect and uphold the constitution and with one ruling destroyed it.. This kind of ruling is farcical and perverse.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am betting whomever used to term contitutional free zone at the ACLU is now regretting it as the real issue they were talking about has now been taken over by tin foil hat crowd. The ACLU did not like the fact that laptops, cell phones etc could be searched at the boarder they also had concern that the customs agents could still search them within 100 miles of the border in the border zone (this of course was taken and ran with by certain people and turned into what you see people ranting about on ATS). The search at the border seems to fall under normal border rules and their is not much to challenge and border searches have alway held up in court. As for the border zone or the so called contitution free zone that the ACLU thought was circumventing the 4th. As it turned out it was not. Customs can not search anyone that has left the border that is still within the 100 mile zone, they have to meet a set of criteria that falls within the 4th. The person has had to have recently left the border, the item in question to be the same one that caused suspistion at the border, and the item and the person have be under reasonable suspition of commiting a crime. At that point while still in the zone that particular item can still be searched. Why would they do this? So they can let you get of you plane with your drugs or whatever and follow you to whomever you dropping it off to and still legaly move in to then search the object of suspition.

So sum it up. The so called constitutional free zone applies to you if you have just passed through customs, remain within 100 miles of that area and have an item that is under reasonable (as decided by courts) suspition of crimminal use. If you meet this criteria that one item can still searched without a warrent. If you do not meet all the above criteria then you are good to go. And now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

I totally agree about the judge, he should be removed from power for life. Why are judges so protected from repercussion from the people? Can judges be recalled, I'm not sure. If CO was able to successfully recall two state congressman for their stance on guns then surely it can happen with a judge as well.

Also, I think it's a huge pot of B.S. that a single, federal judge can make this type of ruling all alone, ignoring the will of the people. Somebody already brought it up in this thread, why has this NOT been spoken about? It feels like it's been slipped in quietly like all dirty new legislation that they don't want the people to see is.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by SLAYER69

Get s a box of rubber gloves. . . . hands it to SLAYER, and says, "You can start with Congress".

Due to the chemo, radiation and useless (except for dehydration) painkillers for only a little while, I'm afraid anything other than a parallel parked '64 Comet would fall out anyway over here. "Make him eyes left and cough.. he'll just lose the antitank mine without ruinin' a good pair of gloves."

Show the guy my license registration and last blood pull from the oncologist, and:
"Anybody touches me and I go... and you'll wish it was C4, Creamosabe." Kurt R, I always liked the ava, Spad.

Besides I've got nothing to hide... if you ran me through the first Terminator for the maybe twentieth time, I still don't know what Mike did with the bleach and syrup last Saturday night: other than try to make a dinner as palatable as one of mine. I can't even make macaroni and sneeze.

With only a little extra effort by the media we may yet be convinced to stand in line for the Reptilian sapiens juicer, rather than stick around for the next ratchet-up of administrative idiocy. A quick mulching into extraterrestrial bathtub slurry is starting to look pretty good lately anyway for an alternative.
And I have 6060 characters left, you should feel lucky Harry. DF

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Wow. I am speechless. Now what if this zone gets extended to "protect us" from the bad guys? When will it end?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

I hear ya, it does make one speechless.

We are facing a HUGE problem in this nation of having a difficult time ensuring the masses receive the proper and real news/facts. There are wayyyyyy too many people that do not take the steps to educate themselves on what's happening, and they all have their reasons for doing so. Most of the reasons are them being too distracted by their lives of slavery (paying the bills, mortgage, insurance etc) to be able to care about what is really going on. As long as this continues, tptb will keep winning their war on civil liberties and basic human rights.

When will it end? I wish I had the answer, I wish somebody had the answer, fact is the answer hasn't been discovered yet. Unfortunately it just won't be pretty.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well hopefully the people caught within this zone. Understand. It will work both ways !!!! No rights. No law.. shall be astablished nor the 100 miles from inland shall have no state or federal to control it. Let alone tax payers keeping the up keep on the no right zone. More like. When american towns controls 6 feet of your property to the side walk and expect you to pay the taxes and lawn care.. lol Seem like.the american goverment is loosing out their cuba stronghold militant prison.. well allready have a system

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Xcathdra

solongandgoodnight

our rights are slowly being eroded away. it kind of reminds of the frog getting boiled alive, because he never notices the temperature being gradually heated. Finally it boils, and it's too late.

Then people should get involved... Contact your reps and be heard. People must move beyond ending their outrage by just bitching about it. The length of some posts made in these types of forums takes longer than it would to shoot of a message to your reps.

Be heard...
Contact your reps...
Vote...

Let the government know you are watching what they do...

I agree and I do. Congressman Mac Thornberry's office probably knows my name well.

You should be careful about what you assume. You know what happens when you assume don't you???
edit on 2-1-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: makes a @$$ out of U and ME

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

"Well, according to that map, Florida is totally screwed."

As well as Michigan and most of the NE states...
Not to mention Philadelphia, where The Constitution was Signed!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

On that Map Somewhere between Omaha and Wichita looks like the Best Place to be if you STILL BELIEVE in the Constitution ..........

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Most Disturbing Aspect

That we have piles of human excrement that ENFORCE it.

Why doesn't everyone who works there REFUSE to be a TYRANT..?

THEY ARE ALL THE ENEMY of a FREE REPUBLIC>

Hopefully every agent of tyranny that carries this out are somehow visited by Karma.

cancer and families leaving them alone and miserable!!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

SLAYER69

That's not right.
They must have run out of Orange magic marker.
It's the whole country! (seriously)
Somewhere I read they had made a provision that extended international waters by redefining any open source of water within the CONUS. Basically stating anywhere within 100 miles of any river would be in "the Zone".
Twilight zone indeed, with a new twist.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Are you freaking kidding me? The entire state of Florida? Where do the hell do I move to? Omaha? Hell no.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

CornShucker
S&F!

For anyone taking a quick look at this thread without checking the link, coastal borders are included... 2/3 of the American population lives within 100 miles of the border.

That said, there are parts of the judge's ruling that at least sound reasonable. The problem is adjusting 21st century logic to rights written when the state of the art was a quill pen. I'm a simple man and admit I don't have any answers to the big questions.

I'll be checking back in to see what everyone else thinks.

You are wrong.........They understood all to well the evils we face today. Why do you think they gave us a republic ruled by law and not a democracy.

The effects of what these men did so many years ago will have ripples that span the lifetime of man.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

IAMTAT
Well, according to that map, Florida is totally screwed.

Well not really since most of our County Sheriffs are training and arming to fight the federal gov should they push to hard against our great state. They have finally woke up to the feds BS! They really have a serious dislike for what is going on under obuma bin lying.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

SubTruth
CornShucker:
-- snip --
That said, there are parts of the judge's ruling that at least sound reasonable. The problem is adjusting 21st century logic to rights written when the state of the art was a quill pen.
-- snip --

You are wrong.........They understood all to well the evils we face today. Why do you think they gave us a republic ruled by law and not a democracy.

The effects of what these men did so many years ago will have ripples that span the lifetime of man.

Notice the caveat "at least sound". You and I are in no real disagreement. The constant nibbling away at our rights makes me no happier than it does you. My point was that the judge addressed the fact that newsfolk and business people managed to stay in touch with their home office and get their job done before the days of smart phones and various iterations of laptops.

It's not unfair to say that our founders are unlikely to have imagined the day when the average traveler could carry many times the information of someone's personal library in a shirt pocket or a satchel. I never meant to imply that I think that should automatically do away with the protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

whaaaaaat??? LOL

Holy crap the US is messed up.... when do the walls go up I wonder?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Figures..I moved from Free to Orange...oh, that's right, I'm now in the Sunshine State where they grow oranges. It all makes sense now. Seriously, I had no idea there was such a thing as this. "Tis why I love ATS...its where the smart people hang.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What's the old saying?

Give'em an inch and they'll take a mile.

Alex Jones should be ushered to the podium for a great big, "I told ya so!!!"
edit on 2-1-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join