It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has A Constitution Free Zone? WTF!!????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Judge reaffirms Constitution free Zone 100 miles inside U.S. Borders

www.theminorityreportblog.com...

Nothing that takes away the rights of the people of this country surprise me anymore, so I'm not going to pretend that this surprises me one bit. All it says is that border officials must have probably cause LOL. This is nonsense. Will everybody getting off a flight from the Middle East be a reasonable enough reason to have their laptop or cell phone searched?

Utter nonsense.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

our rights are slowly being eroded away. it kind of reminds of the frog getting boiled alive, because he never notices the temperature being gradually heated. Finally it boils, and it's too late.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
S&F!

For anyone taking a quick look at this thread without checking the link, coastal borders are included... 2/3 of the American population lives within 100 miles of the border.

That said, there are parts of the judge's ruling that at least sound reasonable. The problem is adjusting 21st century logic to rights written when the state of the art was a quill pen. I'm a simple man and admit I don't have any answers to the big questions.

I'll be checking back in to see what everyone else thinks.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Yea and when you see a map of this Michigan is in allmost completely unconstitutional according to the zone.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Well according to the map that puts The White house, Congress, Senate and the Chief Justices ALL within the limits. I say let's start with THEIR personal electronic devices. They are US Citizens after all and do FALL within the parameters.

You know that whole "Lead by example" thing.

*While they are at it lets see cavity searches as well, just for the hell of it....

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Get s a box of rubber gloves. . . . hands it to SLAYER, and says, "You can start with Congress".

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Is this for real?????
What is to stop the federal government from incrementally increasing this to a 200, 500,or 1,000 mile zone?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know huh, What would be the point.

We already know what they are FULL of.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I completely agree with you SLAYER about lead by example, but it makes me giggle thinking about it. Our "leasers" haven't led by example for a looooong time. How many of our elected officials have served in the military? Yet they have no problem sending kids off to die in the name of personal agenda's that 99/100 times focus on $$$ and revenue.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What worries me is how long will it take for this to get crazy when it comes to trampling rights? If they are serious about this area being Constitution free, then they will probably try to start getting away with MUCH more then just laptop and cell phone searches. Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well, according to that map, Florida is totally screwed.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

our rights are slowly being eroded away. it kind of reminds of the frog getting boiled alive, because he never notices the temperature being gradually heated. Finally it boils, and it's too late.

Then people should get involved... Contact your reps and be heard. People must move beyond ending their outrage by just bitching about it. The length of some posts made in these types of forums takes longer than it would to shoot of a message to your reps.

Be heard...
Contact your reps...
Vote...

Let the government know you are watching what they do...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I bet this was never talked about before.. ever.. You know like the fbi able to track and listen to you via cellphone... There is no way these stories were ever reported back in say 07 or earlier? Who woulda thunk..... Not I, surely not I...

And you know whatever even not anymore interesting... is when they put this crap in movies for entertainment because well that's all it is.. You know like the beginning of Eagle Eye where they talk about cellphones listening in on you even when its off... Of in transformers where they talk about those same phones tracking you.. Or in 2 guns where they talk about the mexican mob using CIA planes to run drugs into the country... At least we have entertainment.. Give it a bit of time we will soon hear these things about Someone violated this rule in a movie then we we all laugh because it after all is entertainment after all.. What crackpot would ever think that movies ever say anything that is real anyway right, Its all fantasy...

::EDIT 01::
To add substance to this.. 08 www.youtube.com...

::EDIT 02::
so for S&G I was curious to see if it was posted on ATS(Of course it was who am I joking wit) in 08 or earlier..

Heres what i come up with..

10/22/08, 10/30/08, and 10/24/08

Well we crazy CT people never ever talked about this AT ALL!!!!!
edit on 1/2/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

CornShucker
S&F!

For anyone taking a quick look at this thread without checking the link, coastal borders are included... 2/3 of the American population lives within 100 miles of the border.

That said, there are parts of the judge's ruling that at least sound reasonable. The problem is adjusting 21st century logic to rights written when the state of the art was a quill pen. I'm a simple man and admit I don't have any answers to the big questions.

I'll be checking back in to see what everyone else thinks.

The big questions are being answered for us by the supposed grown-ups who know better. When the will of men finally and totally subverts the rule of law you get this. How much do we have to resemble a Crown Colony in a pair of sterling silver pliers before it sinks in that we always were and stayed one?

Look at the bright side-- how many times in history to you get to watch a culture this brainwashed to insist on funding their own extinction? Sorry, bag's empty squire.. might as well run me through now. Should save you a couple bob.

An old guy across a table from me a couple decades ago said,
"The human brain is a second-rate organ." He was a major by the time he was pulling a battalion onto Okinawa. Nuff said there.

"For a couple of reasons, mighty one you may have overrated me a notch or two." We so often and from high up prove him right. Finally your last inference makes me grateful to have grown the Twain-stache.."21st Century logic". It makes as good a sound as "congressional investigation" for a contradiction of terms. My degree of education and grateful lack of trigger time in DC can't wrap my marinated tripelike substance around either of them, and my thanks for your reinforcement.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What about those other pesky non constitutional zones in the US??? The "Indian Reservations" forgive my non PC terminology in not calling it Native American....
edit on 01125353_53k14 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
They could announce that they have decided to increase the zone to 500 miles (essentially nullifying the Constitution in the US) and what would happen???

NOTHING!

We are a nation of sheep.

So much that they do to all of us is Unconstitutional today, like the NDAA and the actions of the NSA.

See anyone fired up to the point that our elected officials are taking action?
Do you see the SCOTUS stepping in?

WE ARE SCREWED.

If you want to be free, I would suggest you move to another country.... just not sure where to tell you to go.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Please re read the edits in my post..

Clearly shows this was never talked about.. ever....

And the most ironic part..

ThichHeaded
Well nobody gives a crap anyway. Look at how we were treated during RNC in NYC in 04, then the DNC this year, then look at Katrina. So in other words that saying bush stated that the constitution was a piece of paper is basically right..

(in case you are wondering about about statement list of rights lost.
1st amendments speech, free assembly
4th amendment
and I do believe in RNC was 6th amendment
Katrina was 2nd amendment)

To bad most of those people dont have a clue to anything the constitution says so they are completely unharmed by it as long as they got American Idol, Football, and beer, all is good in the US of A.

Posted 10/30/08..
edit on 1/2/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Having a bad day? I share your sentiments I really do, it does get you fuming at first... How much you, as lone soldier can accomplish? Sure a lot if the right people were motivated, I would never count out the power of the people or a person.....

To get a better perspective on the world we live in, watch the movie Idiocracy and all will become more clear, sad and funny at the same time.... but CLEAR.
edit on 01181717_17k14 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01195555_55k14 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

jheated5
reply to post by butcherguy

Having a bad day? I share your sentiments I really do, it does get you fuming at first... How much you, as lone soldier can accomplish? Sure a lot if the right people were motivated, I would never count out the power of the people or a person.....

To get a better perspective on the world we live in, watch the movie Idiocracy and all will become more clear, sad and funny at the same time.... but CLEAR.
edit on 01181717_17k14 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01195555_55k14 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

Yep.
I have a sinus headache.
But I do tire of the complaints about what they are doing to us, when they have been doing it for so long... and nothing is going to change it.
One day they will load the discontents into cattle cars.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

derfreebie
Finally your last inference makes me grateful to have grown the Twain-stache.."21st Century logic". It makes as good a sound as "congressional investigation" for a contradiction of terms. My degree of education and grateful lack of trigger time in DC can't wrap my marinated tripelike substance around either of them, and my thanks for your reinforcement.

As a life-long fan of Twain, I can almost see the twinkle in your eye as you typed that. It does fill the bill as an oxymoron, I agree.

More and more often I find myself pondering what he might have to say if he were still around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join