It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's climate warming faster than feared, scientists say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sorry but Roy Spencer, Anthony Watts, Judith Curry and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head... are pure frauds, credentialed in some cases but frauds none the less, you only have to look at their reviews of other scientists works to see how they misrepresent what other scientists say. I was referring to the BBC article you posted.

Think about Dr. Roy Spencer for a moment. He claims that global warming exists but with extreme intensity claims that it is all because of clouds, not GHGs but then goes to refute every paper he can on global temperature rise and arctic ice melt while using sea ice growth at the poles during winters as some kind of proof that global warming doesn't exist even though he himself claims it does.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Can you tell us how much please? And how much compared to even when we first started measuring it?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Greenhouse gas emissions and reductions. SSS.

There are a few greenhouse gases. CO2 and methane and others. Google it and get back with a report. Pronto!!!

There you go

www.c2es.org...
edit on 2-1-2014 by JimTSpock because: add

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

ChesterJohn
reply to post by JimTSpock

You said Green House Gas (single) which gas is that?

I have heard many say it is Green Houses Gases but for years only said CO2, then recently said Carbon-monoxide.

Who said carbon monoxide?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe someone here will remember, but a few weeks ago, there was a thread about findings that showed that 2000 years ago, and during the middle ages, there were also spike of intense heatwave.

Sorry I can't remember the title.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by JimTSpock

I believe the Philippines just had the biggest storm ever recorded and it's true Australia has just recorded it's hottest year, hottest day, hottest month, hottest summer and hottest winter day since records began in 1910. Like it says in the article. Could just be a coincidence.

Did they? Would that be the largest for the Philippines or the largest in the world? We're keeping in mind that we can see and have records for less than 1% of the weather timeline of our world, yes? I love these record declarations ..and even my own use of All-Time cold records is fair to call on the same point. "All Time" is a very relative thing when we're discussing man looking for ways to deliberately alter the system we know so very little about, in the end.

* If I show you a place that has had the flip side for records to what Australia just experienced...will that mean we're headed to a mini-ice age and the warming is actually the variation to that end point? The data just flat doesn't support an absolute answer and that's where the debate between experts rages.

edit on 2-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I was there for that storm and I will tell you it was much more hyped in the MSM and most of the pictures you saw of crumpled buildings and downed trees were from two different events. One from an earthquake on Oct 15 and then the hurricane came through.

Not to down play. but the death tolls were fudged as well. But go there today and the main city they had on the news with all the military supplies and stuff, Tacblaran in Leyte, still has no electric power as of today. The money went to the pockets of the politicians once again and the people got the shaft.

Now about the storm. It was strong in center but if you were 100 miles away from the center it was just monsoon rains and some wind not generally together. if you were further than that you got heavy rains a clear skies then some wind then it clouded up and rained again for a 24 hr period and that was it. It was a fast moving system.

It was like a regular hurricane stuck in a large fast moving low pressure system that had made it look like it was a SUPER STORM but it wasn't that bad under a majority of it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
See, I have a hard time buying all the "global warming" and "global cooling" contributed to this "gas" or this "mess" we caused.

How many records do we have from 3,000, 10,000 or 100,000 years ago, regarding the weather?

Well, we do have fossils. And these have proven that our earth goes through cycles. Plain and simple. And it always will, long after we are gone. Yes, we need to stop the pollution. Say some miracle happens, and it all stops tomorrow. We will still have cycles 100,000 years from now.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Just read a story over the weekend and the man mentioned carbon-moxide as the culprit of global warming you know the stuff your car puts out when you drive.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Kali74

Can you tell us how much please? And how much compared to even when we first started measuring it?

A lot more than just last November I seem to remember a global warming adventure trip to Antartica that had its ship frozen in place since Christmas and the ship that went to get them and there is over 6 miles of solid ice between them and even more to the sea edge.

I also seem to remember an article about it snowing just this last month in New Zealand (summer down under).

edit on 2-1-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

chiefsmom
See, I have a hard time buying all the "global warming" and "global cooling" contributed to this "gas" or this "mess" we caused.

How many records do we have from 3,000, 10,000 or 100,000 years ago, regarding the weather?

Well, we do have fossils. And these have proven that our earth goes through cycles. Plain and simple. And it always will, long after we are gone. Yes, we need to stop the pollution. Say some miracle happens, and it all stops tomorrow. We will still have cycles 100,000 years from now.

Did you read the article about the magnetic poles shifting on the sun every 24 years or so? and that this shifting causes times of increased sun spot activity (earth warming temperatures) and at other times times of minimum sun spot (earth cooling temperatures).

Seems the Sun is behind all this global warming/cooling stuff more than man.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Can you link it?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

obviously, you have some material basis for your point of view. Can you reveal that? There are those that would love to see the science or hear the Bible verses or whatever you have.

This topic is of vital importance to every soul on this planet. Given that and the high stakes, you should provide ample basis and not just cavalier talk.

Using empty words and baseless belief to influence people is not only ignorant, it's immoral.

UMMM...his quote is literally scientifically accurate without pause.

ZOMG ALLYOURCLIMATESAREBLONGTOUS!!!!!!

I mean honestly there are thousands of "studies" that support AEP (anthropogeniceliteprofits)

As there there are similar amounts to support the easily varifiable FACT they are full of crap.

In my lifetime, I am 36 BTW, they said we would see the warming NOW!!!!!! It is none existant like the dinos ( fun fact CO2 was thousands of times higher then than now.....no out of control warming occured BTW!!!!)

AGW ( anthropogenicglobalwarming) is crap science at its best, pagan "science/religion" in actuality!!!!!

Can they tell the "weather" tomorrow? NO? then how can you believe they can know it hundreds of years from now????

Your belief is based off of "faith" no logic....this is known the world over as "idiocy" or " fanatisism" NOT FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saying, try reading and understanding facts, not beliefs based on video games "I control and manipulate to my whim"

Sorry to destroy your entire world view and all, but it is like saying the sun is not yellow, or water is not wet.

It is idiocy of the highest calliber, there is NO EXCUSE FOR IT OTHER THAN COMPLETE AND TOTAL IGNORANCE OF ANYTHING SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Not sure which article your referring to, but I have read about them shifting.
I've also been reading what I can on shifting wind cycles, the effects of major volcanic activity and ocean currents. One big quake under the ocean can really make a lot of changes.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

Kali74

A lot more than just last November I seem to remember a global warming adventure trip to Antartica that had its ship frozen in place since Christmas and the ship that went to get them and there is over 6 miles of solid ice between them and even more to the sea edge.

I also seem to remember an article about it snowing just this last month in New Zealand (summer down under).

Yes, those things are true but why does that tell you global warming isn't happening? Are you just assuming because there is ice everything is fine?

Did you read the article about the magnetic poles shifting on the sun every 24 years or so? and that this shifting causes times of increased sun spot activity (earth warming temperatures) and at other times times of minimum sun spot (earth cooling temperatures).

Seems the Sun is behind all this global warming/cooling stuff more than man.

Have you read any studies about the solar effect on climate?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Before the debate about the meaning of a pile of numbers can begin:

1. Where are the scientific equipment calibration certification documents for each and every sensor used to derive said numbers over the time span of the collection sample?

2. Is the calibration certification verifiable and not possible to be altered by any source once the certification is sealed?

3. For the data from these calibrated sensors, demonstrate the chain of custody that is unalterable from the sensor, its time and date, to the output final documents (charts, graphs, tables). The data must be verifiable as unchanged, accurate and true by any and all that investigate the data. This includes surprise inspections.

If workers are required to work under these condition inside a nuke plant (and they are) why should data that supposedly affects the entire Earth in one way or another not be held to the same scrutiny?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Here's the abstract of a paper correcting Spencer's mistakes on the tropospheric cooling. One of three published papers refuting his numbers.

Satellite-based measurements of decadal-scale temperature change in the lower troposphere have indicated cooling relative to Earth's surface in the tropics. Such measurements need a diurnal correction to prevent drifts in the satellites' measurement time from causing spurious trends. We have derived a diurnal correction that, in the tropics, is of the opposite sign from that previously applied. When we use this correction in the calculation of lower tropospheric temperature from satellite microwave measurements, we find tropical warming consistent with that found at the surface and in our satellite-derived version of middle/upper tropospheric temperature.

Science
edit on 1/2/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

ChesterJohn
In fact two points stand clear. 1) there has been a steady decline in global temperatures over the last 10 years and 2) 2013 was recorded as one of the coolest years ever recorded. It may be warmer than other cooler years but that alone is not enough to support global warming.

Global Warming is still just a cash cow waiting to produce Multi-national taxation and make Al Gore, prince Charles and Geo Soros more wealthier.

True if
A . You cherry pick the point at which you measure a trend
B. You assume your local unseasonal cold weather proves your point (FYI its freaking warm and wet here, the birds are singing and the flowers are coming up early.....but hey let's ignore such inconveniences after all the the "world" only include the US of A , doesn't it !)
C. Only include land measurements. (the oceans absorb 94% of the heat and ALWAYS have DUH !!!!)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

tkwasny
Before the debate about the meaning of a pile of numbers can begin:

1. Where are the scientific equipment calibration certification documents for each and every sensor used to derive said numbers over the time span of the collection sample?

2. Is the calibration certification verifiable and not possible to be altered by any source once the certification is sealed?

3. For the data from these calibrated sensors, demonstrate the chain of custody that is unalterable from the sensor, its time and date, to the output final documents (charts, graphs, tables). The data must be verifiable as unchanged, accurate and true by any and all that investigate the data. This includes surprise inspections.

If workers are required to work under these condition inside a nuke plant (and they are) why should data that supposedly affects the entire Earth in one way or another not be held to the same scrutiny?

They cant and wont, which completely violates any and all "scientific" principles at the onset, which leads to the obvious conclusion science isnt backing them, "faith" is.

End scientific debate, enter idiocy and faith based rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Climate Change

happens throughout each day. It gets warmer as the sun rises until about 3pm then it starts to cool down. then through the night it gets colder until sunrise and warms again. Climate change is real everyday.

Happens ever few months as the earth comes closer to the sun and the axis rotates the north towards the sun and it cools more tot he south and heats more to the north. climate change is real throughout the seasons.

I am 54 and was told that in 50 years we would have an ice age during our junior high days, then in the 90's we were told that by 2010 the global ocean temps would rise 3 degrees. Never happened however areas of oceans temps changed as the currents changed.

Climate change is real but nothing to be alarmed about.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Let's look at a report out of Germany in Feb. 2013 titled.

Meteorologist Dominik Jung Turns Skeptical After Germany Sets Record 5 Consecutive Colder-Than-Normal Winters!

With 11 days remaining, Germany this year is set for its 5th colder-than-normal winter (DJF) in a row (a record), this according to high-profile German meteorologist Dominik Jung at www.wetter.net here (photo left). Jung is an often-quoted meteorology expert of the German media.

Just a few years ago climate experts prophesied that Germany would no longer experience winters with ice and snow in the future. In the 1990s there had been an entire series of milder and stormier winters. [...] However, this trend has not been observed over the last years. To the contrary: winters have again gotten considerably colder and the huge storms like those in the 1990s have more or less disappeared. [...]. Climate experts prophesied in the year 2000 that winters with snow and ice in Germany would cease to exist.”

Jung then presents the data for Germany’s last 4 winters and that of the current winter, and compares them to the 1980-2010 mean winter temperature, which was 0.8°C above the 1960-1990 mean.

- 2008/2009: 1.0 °C cooler
- 2009/2010: 2.0 °C cooler
- 2010/2011: 1.3 °C cooler
- 2011/2012: 0.1 °C cooler
- 2012/2013 (so far): 0.4°C. cooler

Colder than normal winters
Like the article says, what normally happens in Germany effects much Central of Europe weather wise.
How about the top 10 coldest countries and their winters haven't changed much.

A picture of Soldiers training at a military base this winter in my Home Province in China.

A military regiment takes part in a morning exercise on January 29, 2013 in Heilongjiang Province of China. The temperature dipped to minus 30 degrees Celsius. (ChinaFotoPress / Getty Images)
Yes that say's Minus 30 Celsius
Now That's Cold, But then again, That's a winter morning in Harbin China.
We've had no Lack of Ice for our yearly Festival of Ice.

Yes, that is made of Ice Blocks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join