It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lech Walesa: Obama Has Failed, "America No Longer Leads the World'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The world hasn't heard from Lech Walesa in a long while. He recently spoke out about how disappointed he is in Obama, and how disappointed the world is. Honestly, it's their own fault for being disappointed. If they had been able to see through the Obama-bamboozling from the start, they wouldn't be so 'let down'.

Walesa said something interesting ... 'we are lucky their was no big conflict' ... meaning that the world would expect the USA to bail them out in a major conflict and we are no longer capable of doing so. I agree that is what the world expects and that we are no longer capable of doing so .. but I REALLY RESENT the assumption that America will shed it's blood to bail out those countries that refuse to spend their own money and blood to insure their own safety.

Lech Walesa: Obama Has Failed, 'America no Longer Leads the World'

The Nobel Peace Prize-winning former president of Poland, Lech Walesa, says President Obama has failed to reclaim America's role as a world leader. ...

"When he was elected... there was great hope," Walesa said. ".... we were hoping Obama would reclaim moral leadership for America," adding: "That failed."

".... in terms of politics and morality, America no longer leads the world," he said. "...America did not regain its leadership status. We were just lucky there were no big conflicts in the world," saying the world has relied on a strong America to maintain the balance of power around the globe.

"... It's a dangerous situation so we are awaiting a president who will understand that," he said.

Side note - Lucky that there were no big conflicts in the world? Obama wanted to start WWIII in Syria but luckily Putin (of all people) managed to keep the world from blowing apart. That was a 'big conflict' in the making. Funny (ironic?) how it was such a major issue a few months back ... an issue worthy of sending Americans to their deaths to defend Al Qaeda cannibals ... and yet now we hear nothing about how desperate it supposedly is over there.

edit on 1/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I thought Lech Walesa was already dead !!!
edit on 2-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

CosmicDude
I thought he was dead already !!!

Must be one of those timeline shifts. I thought he was too. Like Billy Graham and
Nelson Mandella and Larry Hagman .... they've 'died' more than a few times.

Anyways, yes, we haven't heard from him in a long while. It's kind of a blast from the past.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Walesa is very conservative, and actually came out last year against "the gay". So it's no surprise he is willing to pile on Obama.

And far from Obama wanting to start WWIII in Syria he was the one who held back, and held back, and then when the Russians and John Kerry talked privately the 'get rid of your chemical weapons' option was initiated, then Kerry "accidently" suggested it as a throwaway line, Putin then played his role, and there, no WWIII in Syria, courtesy of the Obama administration. Behind the scenes is always where it happens, and in this case Obama and his associates negotiated a behind the scenes peace.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Lech Walesa can go screw himself. It's not Americas job to lead the world. How about these nations man up and solve their own problems for a change? Americans are getting fed up with our nation going broke helping other nations.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Someone mark the calendar. I agree with Buster!
That doesn't happen often.

- These other nations should be looking to themselves to take care of their security problems.
- If he's 'disappointed in Obama' ... that's his own fault for getting his hopes up. He should have
known better.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Um. The US hasn't "led" the world for some time. Long before Obama. But it's fun to play that game, I know.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Aleister
And far from Obama wanting to start WWIII in Syria he was the one who held back, and held back, ..

Um ... no. Obama's the one who pushed and pushed for it ... and sent out his shills to the talk shows to try to get everyone on board. The ONLY reason that we aren't in Obama's latest war right now is because Americans get ticked off and contacted their reps in DC ... and because Putin saw an opening when Kerry gaff'd and Putin jumped on it. Obama wanted the USA to go to war to help the Muslim 'rebels' ... who are really Al Qaeda. Some are even cannibals.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Aleister
And far from Obama wanting to start WWIII in Syria he was the one who held back, and held back, ..

Um ... no. Obama's the one who pushed and pushed for it ... and sent out his shills to the talk shows to try to get everyone on board. The ONLY reason that we aren't in Obama's latest war right now is because Americans get ticked off and contacted their reps in DC ... and because Putin saw an opening when Kerry gaff'd and Putin jumped on it. Obama wanted the USA to go to war to help the Muslim 'rebels' ... who are really Al Qaeda. Some are even cannibals.

No, Kerry and the Russians had already talked about his "gaffe" in a meeting before that, and his off-comment was as planned as the Winter Olympics. Obama was pushing publicly to force the Syrian and Russians hand, but behind the scenes was negotiating and making the deal. Obama did not want to go to war, and he and Kerry pulled it off perfectly, as planned and not as accident.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He hasn't exactly failed if this was the plan all along, I mean seriously, who gets behind the wheel of the bus then drives it off the cliff, while telling everyone it's cool, I got this.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I don't think he failed.. I think he accomplished exactly what set out to do.

People got blinded by all the "free" stuff he and the other idiots, like Pelosi, promised. Who cares about what we look like to the world... so long as we get free phones, free healthcare and free food....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Its America that has failed, one of the reasons is they believed in their system government. It makes no different who gets in power they always fail.
edit on 2-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Wow .. that's a lot of spin. Believe what you wish ...

The truth is Obama pushed FOR WAR. He should give back his Peace Prize.

Washington Post - Obama launches final push to win congressional support for a strike on Syria

President Obama will begin an intensive public and private lobbying push this week to win congressional support for a limited missile strike against Syria, but even some of the strongest supporters on Capitol Hill for military action are pessimistic that the White House will succeed.

Obama plans to meet with Senate Democrats on Tuesday, senior Senate aides said. Then millions of Americans will see him make his case during network television interviews Monday and a prime-time address from the White House on Tuesday in which the president, according to an administration official, will argue that not punishing Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad for his alleged use of chemical weapons would embolden his regime and his allies Hezbollah and Iran.

CNN - White House pushes Congress on Syria

(CNN) -- The Obama administration pushed forward Sunday on a new path toward military action in Syria, urging Congress to support the president's call.

Tests found signatures of sarin gas in blood and hair samples collected from the Damascus site of an alleged chemical weapons attack, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday on CNN's State of the Union.
The samples were collected separately from a United Nations investigation into the August 21 attack and provide further proof that the Syrian regime attacked its own people, Kerry said.

With "each day that goes by, this case is even stronger," he said, arguing that the United States must act.
"If you don't do it, you send a message of impunity," Kerry said. Iran, North Korea, and Hezbollah "will look at the United States and say 'Nothing means anything' -- that's what's at stake here," he said.

NBC - Obama Pushes For Support Over Syria Action

The White House ratcheted up lobbying Monday to convince Congress to authorize military action against Syria over an alleged chemical weapons attack by government forces.

And on PUTIN taking advantage of Kerry's GAFF -

Business Insider - Russia Quickly Jumped on Kerry's RHETORICAL Offer of No US Strike

On Monday, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Syria could avoid an American attack by turning over "every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community in the next week."
Russia immediately jumped on the offer, as Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Moscow will urge Syria to place its chemical weapons under international control in a bid to avert military intervention.

This is a deft political move on Russia's part, especially since the State Department immediately walked back Kerry's comments by saying that he "was making a rhetorical argument about the impossibility and unlikelihood of Assad turning over chemical weapons he has denied he used."

The Wall Street Journal's Tom Gara observes that Russia is capitalizing on a "silly Kerry mistake," since even though Assad would never turn over chemical weapons, beginning such a process would serve an ideal delay to any U.S. decision to attack Syria.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

Umm, he's already done this. In fact, he's still sitting in the smoldering wreck saying; "It's cool, I got this".

But one thing I will agree with numerous other posters is that the U.S. shouldn't be anyone's personal army. If a country cannot secure itself, why should the U.S. have it's children die for them? America needs to worry about itself. Like foreign aid, time that money goes to help upgrade the U.S. infrastructure, school, and the poor/homeless.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Xcathdra
I don't think he failed.. I think he accomplished exactly what set out to do.

I agree.

Those who think that Obama 'failed', are themselves failing to understand that Obama just bamboozled them into thinking he was a world messiah. Heck, even Barbara Walters said she expected him to be Obamessiah.

Barbara Walters - Obama, We Thought He Was Going to Be the Next Messiah

Sadly, Obama is actually rather successful in implementing his agenda.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm not going to go searching for it, I well remember articles talking of how Kerry and his Russian counter-part discussed the idea before Kerry "accidently" announced it, setting the stage for what occurred. In public Obama had to stall the attack after the Sarin gas evidence, so he "went to Congress" for approval, knowing it wasn't going to give that approval until the U.N. report came back - buying him more time. You must know that the posturing in public is the tip of the iceberg and just for show, as well as, in this case, to give Syria public notice that if something isn't done that the U.S. is very serious and you'd better get in line, but behind the scenes talks and negotiations go on right up to the moment of attack in these situations.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Walesa said something interesting ... 'we are lucky their was no big conflict' ... meaning that the world would expect the USA to bail them out in a major conflict and we are no longer capable of doing so. I agree that is what the world expects and that we are no longer capable of doing so .. but I REALLY RESENT the assumption that America will shed it's blood to bail out those countries that refuse to spend their own money and blood to insure their own safety.

What he said and what you think it meant is two distinct things. I agree that the Western world has become dependant of the US leadership in military and even in some subjects (especially those that influence world economy), but again this was a created dependency and it works while those nations decide to be subservient to US interests (their own interests run parallel).

The US will become ever insincerely a military mercenary (it already is towards Saudi Arabia and internal interests groups, like energy). It will take time to the economic status to start eroding the military might...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Aleister
No, Kerry and the Russians had already talked about his "gaffe" in a meeting before that, and his off-comment was as planned as the Winter Olympics. Obama was pushing publicly to force the Syrian and Russians hand, but behind the scenes was negotiating and making the deal. Obama did not want to go to war, and he and Kerry pulled it off perfectly, as planned and not as accident.

Your going to have to provide proof as to what you are saying, rather than a gut feeling. Your messiah has plenty of evidence out there against him in the fact that he pushed for war in Syria, but had to back down when the Big Boy (Putin) came to play as well.

0bama is a rank amatuer on the world stage. Only three more years to go putting up with this fool and his cronies.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Someone mark the calendar. I agree with Buster!
That doesn't happen often.

I know, me too. He got one from me as well.

On topic, I admire what Lech did for Poland.

15 minutes of fame and all that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Here ye be. Sergey Lavrov is the Russian Foreign Minister:

www.cnn.com...

Lavrov and Kerry had discussed the idea over the weekend; the two spoke again after Kerry's comments on Monday in a previously scheduled call, when Lavrov told Kerry he would make a public proposal based on the American's remarks.

That's how things work out there in diplomacy land.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join