It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen All Ye People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Please repent and ask the Lord Jesus Christ into your heart.

Father God in heaven forgive me for all my sins which I have committed against you. I believe that your son Jesus Christ is Lord and died on the cross for my sins and arose on the third day and I accept your gift of salvation, baptize me with fire and send down your Holy Spirit into my heart and lead me in all my ways, please protect me from all evil and deliver me from any stronghold, speak to me continually and fill me with the warmth of your love, please preserve me until your coming and bless me to bear good fruit and lead many to you in Jesus Christ name I pray Amen

Love you brothers and sisters
edit on 2-1-2014 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2014 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Amen and Amen.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Religion the downfall of man.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
"...baptize me with fire .." - what does this mean?!

The rest is the usual stuff from every religion on the planet, but how can someone be baptized by fire? Seems quite cruel to me, right?

Is there some kind of custom to this? Like jumping through a fire or praying at a vulcano?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Napalm...the sh** out of me...

I think some guy in Sodom prayed and an accidental Freudian slip...

Indeed he is real...only
edit on 2-1-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: the sh** out of....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

God often depicts Himself as refining fire in His Word. This fire will burn up man's wood, hay, and stubble, leaving behind what is precious. Just as the Bible says, those with much that is burnable (a metaphor) will suffer loss, but yet will be saved, as one going through fire. So you see, even those who are cast into the Lake of Fire are saved - the LoF is for cleansing/refining, not for damnation/destruction.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Hell is a 404.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I thought preaching and proselytizing was against the T&C of this site? All of your threads are the same, no substance and only fearmongering. Please start putting more effort into your threads and stop trying to convert people, thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

Nevermind.
edit on 1 2 2014 by SonoftheSun because: just noticed it was posted in Religion and stuff...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No thanks...
Iam a human being God made us how we are with the good and the bad, yin and yang, Sith and Jedi, I will continue to be Human and will not repent for being a human being.
Also stop please with your preaching trust me you are just turning people away from your religion....In fact continue please and more will leave your vile religion of slavery.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

The rest is the usual stuff from every religion on the planet, but how can someone be baptized by fire? Seems quite cruel to me, right?

Is there some kind of custom to this? Like jumping through a fire or praying at a vulcano?

It can be a reference to root burn from kundalini awakening where the crown is baptised in light/spiritual energy.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Acts 2:2-3 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

What kind of god is jealous?

Certianly not an "all powerful" one...

The true God if creation does not have pathetic humanistic problems such an jealousy and envy...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah it is the priests that are jealous to make sure your money only goes to them. Not God.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Lazarus Short

ManFromEurope

God often depicts Himself as refining fire in His Word. This fire will burn up man's wood, hay, and stubble, leaving behind what is precious. Just as the Bible says, those with much that is burnable (a metaphor) will suffer loss, but yet will be saved, as one going through fire. So you see, even those who are cast into the Lake of Fire are saved - the LoF is for cleansing/refining, not for damnation/destruction.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Hell is a 404.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Good answer, thank you!

Another suggestion from me:
Would I try to deduct the meaning of fire for a civilization at 0 AD, I would only see devastation, but if I looked at a volcano, I see (a) a sea of fire and (b) lava, which turns into a very fertile soil quickly.

So I think that its not about a simple fire, burning out of control - but about an active volcano. There are none in the area of Israel, but in some distance (Vesuv, Aetna etc.).
edit on 3-1-2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

2WitnessesArrived

Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Acts 2:2-3 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Hope this helps.

And what is your interpretation of this? What is meant by baptizing with fire? Should people be held close to a fire, jump through a fire or what?

Is there the need for a ceremony with fire? If not, why not?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Baptism of the Holy Spirit is what I believe it to be.
edit on 3-1-2014 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join