It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

You caught the ‘strange color’ great in this one.
Now on to where the anomaly is?

See the middle mountain that slopes up and to the right? The highest point on the middle mountain is where the anomaly is.

I got info last night there was some lava flow on the side we can’t see. I’m still looking into it all.

Thanks tons for taking the time to post the pics and add to the thread. You're contribution is appreciated.

peace

edit on 10-1-2014 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I can’t get much closer than this without boots and gear.
I’m still trying to catch that color - this is as close as I’m going to get without tinting and I’ll not do that (the color is less pink than it shows here).

So - our ‘Vulcanessa’ is still dancing (ongoing tremors) - but nothing dramatic - just a constant shaking.
I’ll keep trying to get that color - if she keeps it up - which she shows promise of doing.

peace

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

After going through more captures - here's one that's about as close as we're going to get.

So - now to site back and wait.

peace

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Get yourself a hard hat woman!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

On Volcano Discovery

Ash plume rising from the (hidden) NE crater of Etna this morning (Etna Trekking webcam Schiena dell'Asino) Current tremor signal (ESLN station, INGV Catania) Current tremor signal (ESLN station, INGV Catania) Update Thu 09 Jan 08:49 The activity of the volcano has remained similar to the previous days: so far, relatively weak but more or less steady ash emissions are occurring at the North-East crater, and tremor continues its slow rise. Whether this is a precursor to more vigorous activity (from the New SE crater?) remains to be seen probably in the coming days.

There's a pic too but from far side I think ?

edit on 10-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Looks to me that's almost exactly to the opposite side of where I went up to catch some pics.
Now we've got her covered from all sides!
Thanks!

She's still the same this morning - those long slow 'puffs' of off colored ash. I really can't help thinking the 'big' crater is clearing itself out in ready for... What?

peace

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
WOW! If I narrow my eyes just so...and breathe deeply....I can almost smell the lady's breath from your photos!

(Where's the "applause" thingy?)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

Oh! Diggindirt - Don’t breath too deep - the ‘strange colored ash’ is in the air here and you’ll cough your lungs out!

This morning her ash was back to regular old dirty dirt color - basic black, lol.

Since noon the winds have changed and so has Etna - the big crater is chuffing the almost salmon color grit and it’s finally my turn to get a dose of it.

Pics later when the light changes.

You have a great day.

peace

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hmmm, like the dust in my house ya mean? At least you have a good excuse if you have dusty bits about....

Keep safe!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Something to think on while waiting for our Lady to BLOW!

AND ETNA IS FIRST ON THE LIST!

peace
edit on 11-1-2014 by silo13 because: pic fix

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Aaah I know I've said this before, I've got a winter holiday planned for early 2015. No plans to go anywhere this summer, I'm sooo tempted to have a week in Sicily so I can go see this lovely lady (I mean etna, not your silo lol sorrrrry)

Etna is the closest active volcano to me I just want to be in her presence when she lets off a nice cloud and loads of booms!

Thanks again for your work silo keep it going!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Let me talk to Etna and get a schedule of her Spring eruptions and get back to you. Har Har.... Yeah, that’s the problem.

It would be fantastic if you could visit - really - but...but but but... How do we get Herself to cooperate?

Sure, there’s a million and more other things to do on the Island - but if you’re coming here for Etna? That’s a tough one to schedule.

Like now. She’s been acting ‘strange’ for days. Strange ash. Strange tremors. Strange that it’s her ‘big’ crater doin’ all the work and the ‘other one’ - little Miss Troublesome - just sitting there looking...dead. How can you plan a trip around that!

Regardless, I’m always willing to send you links of places to go, things to see, logistics of rental cars and all that... Call me the ATS vacation planner for Sicily - whatever. And no, no cost - just tope you have a wonderful time.

peace

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I appreciate it, it's something I'm considering
just to see her without an eruption would be nice the views looks beautiful

Maybe if I bring a large pointy stick with me and prod the ground around etna I might make her a bit grumpy she may blow off some smoke for me

But if i so decide to travel then I'll message you and get some information. Thanks a lot, stay safe!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I was wondering where you disappeared to. LOL

Just wondering if you saw this? It beautiful!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
She’s back to ‘normal’...

I was half expecting an eruption due to the moon phase but she’s done exactly opposite - gone ‘normal’.

No more ‘strange colored ash’.

Tremors down.

So - there goes that full moon theory!

peace

Sled: Yes, I saw the link - thanks for that I commented in your thread!
Awesome!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So cool to be able to kick back with camera at the ready..... Sort of like a mystery movie, what will she do to make you jump, but live and waiting in anticipation!!!

Thanks Silo for all the updates and photos. very nice very nice indeed...

Now tell us you have an escape route should The Mystery widens her presence?

Silo rule No. 1 - Be on the ready to move move move

Thanks for sharing with us...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Perhaps she is waiting till I get out of hospital so I can enjoy her views lol or not

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
She must be due anytime now for another uptick; guessing from activity over the past year

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hello Silo,
I have been enjoying your thread and especially the pictures for quite a while now.
Since I have finally started posting on ATS after lurking for so long, I wanted to say Thank You.
Please stay safe and keep us all informed...in that order!
Thank you again
Cheers,
Aft

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aftrmidnyt

Great News - and thanks for posting - especially here on the Etna page!

Just for you ----> here's a little something I was working on today...

Thank you for becoming part of our Etna group! Hope to see more of you!

peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join