Einstein showed that there's a Collective Conscious

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Einstein said:

“The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion”

Here's more elaboration on the quote:

"Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

This was a letter of condolence to a friend Michael Besso's family after he died. Now why would Einstein send something like this when someone dies? There's not a lot of room for interpretation. He was saying death is an illusion of the ego. If there's no distinction between past, present and future then death is an illusion. There's no need to say that the distinction between past, present and future is a persistent illusion when you're talking about a friends death. It only makes sense if Einstein is saying death is an illusion.

Now it's my belief that Einstein was a Mystic Freethinker. He talked about things like the eternity of life. Here's a quote from his book The World as I See it:

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who knows it not and can no longer wonder, no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead, a snuffed-out candle. It was the experience of mystery — even if mixed with fear — that engendered religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms — it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls. Enough for me the mystery of the eternity of life, and the inkling of the marvelous structure of reality, together with the single-hearted endeavour to comprehend a portion, be it never so tiny, of the reason that manifests itself in nature.

This is a quote filled with mysticism. He talks about the experience of mystery. He even mixed in a little Plato when he said this mystery is only accessible to our reason in the most elementary forms. He also talks about the eternity of life. This sounds in line with reincarnation. If life is eternal and it's the laws of physics that give rise to life, then why wouldn't the universe give rise to our universe over and over again?

It's also obvious that Einstein felt the ego was destructive or could be destructive. There's mystics and gnostics who see the God's of religion as egocentric. Einstein seems to be against the ego and he thinks it's absurd egoism to think the individual survives death. He didn't say life died, he said the ego died and I think that's an important distinction.

Now, I disagree with Einstein but I do think it's interesting how he blended mysticism and science. The reason I disagree with Einstein is because I think the ego is an illusion. It's an illusion of separation

I think it's all the same mind or the same initial Observer.

Special Relativity is based on the idea of reference frames. Here's 2 postulates from Special Relativity:

The laws of physics hold true for all frames of reference.

The speed of light is measured as constant in all frames of reference.

So everything is a frame of reference that depends on the speed of light. This also means you can trace everything back to a single Observer who had a single frame of reference at the speed of light.

So we're this single Observer experiencing different frames of reference at speeds below the speed of light.

This is from Wiki:

In Einsteinian relativity, reference frames are used to specify the relationship between a moving observer and the phenomenon or phenomena under observation.

Why is this the case? It's because the Observer always observing phenomena in one single frame of reference even when the observer is moving at speeds below C like revolving around the Sun. There's one frame of reference for all observers and that's the speed of light. We're just experiencing the world as moving observers below the speed of light.

I also think this is why when people have a near death experience things become more interconnected and they become more aware as they let go of local consciousness. Here's a very interesting video about how things will look as you approach the speed of light. I think at death, our minds are adjusting back to the single frame of reference from which we came.

At 2:44 of the video, you're reaching full relativistic effects. Notice how much this matches the description of near death experience with the tunnel of light.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I had no idea Einstein was such a good writer, but I guess he'd have to be if he could describe and communicate his descriptions of the thoughts and formulas and discoveries he had in his head. And I didn't know he described the illusion of time so perfectly.

And the connection between all consciousness and Einstein's discoveries is something I'll come back to in order to wrap my head around it. My main teacher, Harold Schroeppel, said (paraphrasing) that at a certain point looking out through you own eyes is like looking through a knothole in a fence, and that changing to the viewpoints of different people, animals, etc., at a rapid pace (once you "feel" or sense or see through the eyes of another lifeform you instantly go to the next, and the next, and pick up speed once you learn how to, and don't get bogged down in any of them no matter what you see or experience in the very brief period of time you "are" them but go to the next instantly, and do this for about ten minutes at a time, and then come back to your own point of view and extrovert - take a walk or do something else physically in your immediate environment) will probably give you a handle on this type of consciousness.

Nice thread, and thanks.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

A lot of what he said really agrees with a lot of Buddhist philosophy,

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe,” a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest — a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. - See more at: www.tm.org...

link

Einstein's Buddhist like teachings

I also remember hearing somewhere that he used to sit in his room and enter trance like states (meditation), he was a very spiritual man, and I recognise him as an almost enlightened being, who used wisdom to further science, which is why we haven't had someone like him ever since.

A collective conciousness is something I thoroughly believe in, I have felt the connection that all living beings have with each other and is why I follow Buddhism today.

Oneness
edit on 1-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Carl Jung knew that going in. I always called it the shared consciousness.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Einstein did become more spiritual before his death but he also become a lot more aware as i said the thread maker say. He did this by believing in the power of the mind immaterially. He noticed that during experiments that the thoughts of the scientist and their expectation of the experiments outcome was affecting it, he shrugged it off due to been a scientist.

Before his death he looked into idea more posting more and more articles about the afterlife, death and god.

scienceworld.wolfram.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Carl Jung's works as related to his investigation of indigenous cultures offers a perspective on religion, based upon the serious study of its origins.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The first religion was the Hermetics, they had many great teachings of which the first is all is mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

Hermeticism, also called Hermetism,[1][2] is a religious and philosophical tradition based primarily upon pseudepigraphical writings attributed to Hermes Trismegistus ("Thrice Great").[3] These writings have greatly influenced the Western esoteric tradition and were considered to be of great importance during both the Renaissance[4] and the Reformation.[5] The tradition claims descent from a prisca theologia, a doctrine which affirms that a single, true theology exists which is present in all religions and was given by God to man in antiquity.[6][7]

Source

If God destroyed mankind in Noah's flood and Noah's family were the only survivors. This would result in tremendous genetic abnormalities that would rival anything related, that was offered in the Holy Bible.

A generic context to religion presents that God offered knowledge to all ancient cultures.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

damwel
Carl Jung knew that going in. I always called it the shared consciousness.

i think he called it, the collective unconscious.
even racial unconscious.

it's been a few decades.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I also think this is why when people have a near death experience things become more interconnected and they become more aware as they let go of local consciousness. Here's a very interesting video about how things will look as you approach the speed of light. I think at death, our minds are adjusting back to the single frame of reference from which we came.

At 2:44 of the video, you're reaching full relativistic effects. Notice how much this matches the description of near death experience with the tunnel of light.

I have recently been doing a bit of soul searching and asking the great big "what if" and "why" questions that one must ask in order to engage in critical thinking and enlightenment.
I started learning about Chakras, life force energy (chi as the chinese call it), crystals and meditaion amongst other things. And then I stumbled across some information about a substance that is produced inside our pineal gland - an endocrine gland within our brain that science is still (apparently) trying to work out. When our body is about to die, this gland releases huge amounts of this substance - Dimethyltryptamine which I will refer to as XX to save characters. It is structurally analogous (meaning that it's chemical structured the same but differing from one or two molecules) to the neurotransmitter serotonin which contributes to a feeling of well being and the hormone melatonin which regulates our sleep/wake cycles - the circadian rhythym .It is also functionally analogous (meaning that it has the same effect) to some psychedelic tryptamines, such as psilocybin - to those that do not know what this is can easily find out - sorry - rules say I cant talk about that stuff. I would like to add before I go on that the following I am about to share is only my thoughts on the subject after many hours of research and thinking.
It is interesting that our brain produces a HUGE amount of this while the body is in the process of dying. Could it be, that XX is responsible for the near death experiences that people have? Why do people report a universal experience when they talk of these occurances? A white light, looking down upon themselves and moving through a tunnel at warp speeds. A universal experience cannot be made up by our minds - it HAS to be real and actually a physiological process rather than our own individual perceptions.
The pineal Gland has been linked to the Third Eye and can be activated to spiritual world frequencies and reportedly enables you to have the sense of all knowing, godlike euphoria (tripping??) and oneness all around you. A pineal gland once tuned into to proper frequencies with help of meditation, yoga or various esoteric, methods, enables a person to travel into other dimensions, popularly known as astral travel or astral projection or remote viewing. Interesting that those that astrally travel seem to describe a similar experience to near death experiences people report. Shamans know how to derive this substance from nature and use it to reach higher levels of consciousness.
Now in most adults, the Pineal gland is calcified and ceases to work properly. But when we are born this is not the case - it takes years of being exposed to toxins before it ceases to work properley - the main substance that is responsible for this calcification is flouride. Many children seem to have this ability to see what we adults call "imaginary friends" which are slowly forgotten as they get older. Children usually don't have the sleep issues and depression issues that many adults have -remember what I said about seretonin and melatonin and you may begin to grasp where I am heading with this. It can be decalcified by various methods as well.I will not speculate as to the reasons why I think that governments worldwide continue to flouridate our drinking water with a substance that is poison and does nothing to protect our teeth when applied systemically. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
XX is found in abundance in the natural world which may explain why nature and animals are able to take care of themselves without having to go through the learning process like we humans do. How do animals learn their skills of survival and self defence and know to fear a predator without having it taught to them by words and pictures, trial and error like we do? Is nature connected by a type of conciousness we can also access?
Shamans of the Amazon
How does a certain mold that is comprised of a single cell have the ability to find the shortest route to food in a different maze time after time without a brain, let alone intelligence? This will absolutely blow your mind....

Could this substance XX be the one thing that links all of nature and creatures to one conciousness as one entity? Is it the key to enlightenment and knowledge so powerful that it could change the world and the course of humanity? Why are we being denied the right to this information and having our ability to use the one thing in the body that would enable us to access this natural process taken from us? Why are so many of us miserable and why are there so many "mental health disorders" now that require antidepressants to treat them?

The most important classes of antidepressants are the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) and monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). Other drugs used or proposed for the treatment of depression include buprenorphine,[1] tryptophan,[2] low-dose antipsychotics,[3] and St John's wort.[4]

Monoamine oxidase, interestingly, potentiates the effects and duration of XX which is reportedly very short lived. If you understand pharmakodynamics you can conclude that these medications can only do the opposite to what they say the will do. If XX does what I am lead to believe it does and these drugs are prescribed even though it inhibits XX from being naturally produced -and this is done knowingly - it is a crime against humanity.
Those that have experienced it said that everything finally makes sense and fears simply melted away. People cannot believe that the time spent under the influence is so short - they swear that they were gone for a much longer. Many say time becomes an illusion and we need not worry about death as it truly is not the end. Is it only the next step on our individual evolution through the non physical ethereal universe?Peoples experiences have minor differences but seem to have the exact similarity at its core - being ripped away from your physical self and thrust into a place where you learn about true conciousness and higher planes of existance that are waiting for us when we shift off this mortal coil. How can this be a hallucination if it is commonly shared? lDo we need to learn universal lessons to evolve as a spiritual entity? Is this the essence of Karma and the concept of reincarnation? Are what we call "old souls" those that are almost finished with their earthly journey of spiritual learning that are here to teach the rest of us lessons that will help us grow spiritually and understand the proverbial "meaning of life"?
There is so much more I could speculate on but I am really still trying to disseminate the huge amount of potentially life changing information inside my head. Am I onto something here?
edit on 2 1
edit on 2 1.1414 by taketheredpill because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by taketheredpill

en.wikipedia.org...

One of these chemicals, we call '___' is also commonly found in nature, and in your body before you die. However, it is one of the MOST illegal substances on the planet. It begs the question WHY?! I have been thinking similar to what you said, that it is a crime against humanity to outlaw these compounds. '___' was / is used by religious ceremonies in foreign countries by tribal leaders to gain ''clarity'' and to ''communicate'' with the universe. And I think the recreational use by people who indulge in real hard drugs have probably skewed the perception of this compound. If something is found naturally in nature, i.e. '___' it should not be illegal to use or possess. Apparently with blades of grass you can create a potent '___' mixture and experience something noteworthy. Hard to believe that we allow the criminalisation of things like this.

I think there is probably more to this, as it is totally harmless to the user, induces an altered state and the stories, while bizarre, show that this is something that needs to be looked into, or maybe it has been and deemed dangerous for foundation of society and religion. But I will never understand how something found in your own backyard can make its way to the top of the list for drugs worldwide. '___' carries a stiffer penalty vs coc aine, meth, etc.

Holy crap, its even censored on ATS..
edit on 2-1-2014 by Tancred because: Shocked that the 3 letters are banned on ATS!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So everything is a frame of reference that depends on the speed of light.

Other way around. The speed of light is a reference that depends on everything.

If we are to continue to assume that light travels as a wave, or is a wave, then that tells us about the medium through which the wave propagates.

The speed of light is not a function of light itself, it is a property of light derived from the 'material' that allows it to travel.

Like the speed of sound, it increases in environments of higher molecular density, ie, the speed of sound is greater at the bottom of the ocean than it is near the top, and greater at the bottom of the atmosphere than at the top.

It is as if the surface of any mass in space is the bottom of an ocean of space.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Great thread bud.

Just want to add a quote by Erwin Schrödinger.

"In itself, the insight is not new. The earliest records, to my knowledge, date back some 2500 years or more... the recognition ATMAN = BRAHMAN (the personal self equals the omnipresent, all-comprehending eternal self) was in Indian thought considered, far from being blasphemous, to represent the quintessence of deepest insight into the happenings of the world. The striving of all the scholars of Vedanta was after having learnt to pronounce with their lips, really assimilate in their minds this grandest of all thoughts.

Again, the mystics of many centuries, independently, yet in perfect harmony with each other (somewhat like the particles in an ideal gas) have described, each of them, the unique experience of his or her life in terms that can be condensed in the phrase: DEUS FACTUS SUM (I have become God).

To Western ideology, the thought has remained a stranger... in spite of those true lovers who, as they look into each other's eyes, become aware that their thought and their joy are numerically one, not merely similar or identical..."

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
An how about David Bohm...

Bohm advanced the view that the old Cartesian model of reality was limited, in the light of developments in quantum physics. He developed in detail a mathematical and physical theory of implicate and explicate order to complement it.[3] He also believed that the working of the brain, at the cellular level, obeyed the mathematics of some quantum effects, and postulated that thought was distributed and non-localized in the way that quantum entities do not readily fit into our conventional model of space and time.[4][

Source

Free E-Book

Further

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Now it's my belief that Einstein was a Mystic Freethinker. He talked about things like the eternity of life.

A fitting title for a solipsist, I suppose. We accept that only one thing can be proven to exist, our own consciousness, we believe nothing and question everything. The logic behind the concept, which has been in the back of my mind for as long as I can remember, is as follows:

I exist and I can not experience non-existence, therefore I have always existed and will always exist.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CretumOrbis

What an interesting take on solipsism, I've never heard of this particular variant.

Is this of your own thinking, or an academically accepted (by a professional philosopher) view on solipsism?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Discoveries do not fall into the general category of "theories"

Bohm's theories presented that space and time are constructs.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

neoholographic
Einstein said:

So everything is a frame of reference that depends on the speed of light. This also means you can trace everything back to a single Observer who had a single frame of reference at the speed of light.

I cannot help but pick this specific quote out for it resonates with a theory of 'The Big Bang' that I wrote a while back called 'The Rapid Building Theory' - TRBT.

(The thread didn't really go anywhere, and I can't be bothered to resurrect just now, I just thought it very interesting the way you had structured you quote vs how my theory was pieced together ie: A single frame of reference, a single observer who had a single frame of reference at the speed of light).

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Time and Space could be akin to a really loud sound that generates confusion in humans as to what is beyond it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Having read some of Jungs stuff (hard reading), I have always thought that there is more to human conscious
than we currently understand.

good thread....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join