It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirage Men is out.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The GUT
There's another fellow mentioned in Greg Valdez' 'Dulce Base' that remains un-named but seems to be identifiable and probably needs to be to shed a little more light. Anyone familiar with that aspect/person?

Are you referring to Thomas Edwin Castello, base security officer who disappeared?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

noeltrotsky
Are you referring to Thomas Edwin Castello, base security officer who disappeared?

Not Castello as he's mentioned under that name. Thanks, though! Might not have been McGarity (or could be) I'm referencing either. I'll need to go back to the book to refresh my own memory. Sorry for any confusion. I just remember there was a pseudonym used for a rather mysterious person (as described by Greg Valdez) that sparked my interest.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Mario Pazzaglini seems to have some interesting things to say...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Watched this, higly illuminating, so thanks for that.

Very rational approach. The part with the (probably) NSA injecting the guy with some unknown substance and to get him to drive into the middle of the desert without any recollection scared the bejesus out of me.

As we now know what the NSA is capable of we'll be probably seeing more people going bonkers when their privacy (and mental health) is taken from them.

Once again, thanks for this.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

BurbGirl378

I'm just bored and watching that Stealthy Sky.
I may have to download that UTorrent, because I
won't pay to see Mirage Men after this publicity stunt!

WTF are you crying about? This was uploaded by ME originally cos I KNEW it would vanish in a flash!
1ofthe9 had always intended on creating a thread around "mirage men" we we're lucky enough
to get the scoop on it and try to share it for free here till it disappeared!

oh you're crying cos you missed the very narrow timescale it stayed up.fair enough.
I won't pay if i can help it! Books maybe,NOT stuff i can watch for free!

publicity my ass!
thats actually gutted me! only trying to help. and i can assure you 1ofthe9 has no other agenda other than discussing the film/Book. ZERO publicity! infact ya really should apologise for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Maybe the whole thread should be deleted since it is a discussion based on the original post which included the video and carries a title "Mirage Men is Out". Which it looks like is incorrect.

I guess we're not supposed to be talking about a film The Hollywood Reporter reviewed at length last August.

I certainly do not want to hype a film that is not officially out when the copyright holder likely leaked the thing in the first place to generate the very conversation we're having.

I don't like being manipulated and refuse to discuss this film any further as a result of the actions of the people behind it.
- JadeStar

I agree with JadeStar. Obviously 'Mirage Men' is still in the closet, and has not come out. We've been played as publicity fools by the shameful, greedy producers who keep removing the content from each and every site, even when a Fair Use disclaimer has been attached. This thread is nothing more than capitalist advertising manipulation. Are we ATS Sheeple?

AGAIN just to be clear, neither myself OR 1ofthe9 are anything to do with publicity.

IF it's a ploy by those involved with the production I don't know,I never looked at it like that but see your point. Greedy fkers if true

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

stealthyaroura
WTF are you crying about? This was uploaded by ME originally cos I KNEW it would vanish in a flash!
1ofthe9 had always intended on creating a thread around "mirage men" we we're lucky enough
to get the scoop on it and try to share it for free here till it disappeared! ... I won't pay if i can help it! Books maybe,NOT stuff i can watch for free!

I don't agree with your opinion, especially when the movie was so close to being released to the public.

If you find the material worthwhile - as you apparently did since you even felt compelled to share it - I think you should support it, whether it's in the form of books or movies.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The GUT

noeltrotsky

Not Castello as he's mentioned under that name. Thanks, though! Might not have been McGarity (or could be) I'm referencing either. I'll need to go back to the book to refresh my own memory. Sorry for any confusion. I just remember there was a pseudonym used for a rather mysterious person (as described by Greg Valdez) that sparked my interest.

The only one, as far as I remember, that fits that description - a rather mysterious person that used a pseudonym - is Bill McGarity aka Jason Bishop. On page 123 Greg writes

In 1988, Dr. John Gille from France and his wife, Elaine, accompanied Edmund Gomez, his brother Manuel Jr., Gabe and his two sons, Geoff, my brother, and myself for an overnight expedition to Mount Archuleta. Another man, who refers to himself as Jason Bishop on certain documents, also accompanied the expedition. Jason Bishop is not the true name of this individual, and there are in fact several individuals known by that moniker including Tal Lavesque, and there is even a Jason Bishop III whose identity is unknown. To make sure we are on the same page, we will call this person Bill McGarity to avoid any confusion. Bill has an interesting resume, which at the time of the expedition was not fully disclosed to Gabe and Edmund.

I read the book a while ago but other than Bill McGarity/Jason Bishop the other recollection I have of unnamed characters in the book is of Greg having wrote something along the lines of "two other individuals that shall remain nameless" but never revealed who they were, and in fact said that their identities weren't important. But I can't find this right now.

I don't know if I'm confusing with another book, but that's the recollection I have.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

stealthyaroura

BurbGirl378

I'm just bored and watching that Stealthy Sky.
I may have to download that UTorrent, because I
won't pay to see Mirage Men after this publicity stunt!

oh you're crying cos you missed the very narrow timescale it stayed up.fair enough.

publicity my ass!
thats actually gutted me! only trying to help. and i can assure you 1ofthe9 has no other agenda other than discussing the film/Book. ZERO publicity! infact ya really should apologise for that.

I'm more amused then anything else really. The more people think I'm a plant, the more they overlook the very interesting data. Plus I just drew up a very crude experiment for inducing the 'contactee' experience... Will post it later - Kit Green might be able to make use of it.

Also the UFO language guy...Can't copy his name cause I'm on my phone but he was a practicing occultist - he ties Jacque Vallee to Kenneth Anger...also tries to work Strieber in but Strieber denies saying the quote in question. Weird stuff. :p

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

elements in the US military had actively encouraged it as part of their Cold War counterintelligence arsenal

The problem is that the myths of other-worldly/dimensional beings/gods, supernatural events/miracles, ufo's etc. found their way into the human psyche thousands of years ago. Hence the multitude of beliefs and religions we have today.

The US military are not the ones responsible since they have only existed for the last few centuries!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

vbstrvct
In 1988, Dr. John Gille from France and his wife, Elaine, accompanied Edmund Gomez, his brother Manuel Jr., Gabe and his two sons, Geoff, my brother, and myself for an overnight expedition to Mount Archuleta. Another man, who refers to himself as Jason Bishop on certain documents, also accompanied the expedition. Jason Bishop is not the true name of this individual, and there are in fact several individuals known by that moniker including Tal Lavesque, and there is even a Jason Bishop III whose identity is unknown. To make sure we are on the same page, we will call this person Bill McGarity to avoid any confusion. Bill has an interesting resume, which at the time of the expedition was not fully disclosed to Gabe and Edmund.

That's the EXACT quote. Thanks, V! Now...who is this cat? The Jason Bishop 'cover' seems like it was passed around a bit. Or counter-used by various factions. "Mirage Men" abound! But this particular Bishop...who is/was he?

Somewhat reminiscent of the reports of multiple Dick Doty's, too. Just mentioning that aspect----my burning question is the Mt Archuleta 'Bishop.' Anyone in contact with Greg Valdez these days?

EDIT to ADD: No, 1ofthe9, it probably has nothing to do with the 'Wandering Bishops' haha...I think...

edit on 6-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vbstrvct

Actually I collect these types of Books so it will end up on my bookshelf sooner or later.

lets face it sooner or later it would of been posted. i'm sure those that saw it are grateful for the short time it was up.
so you just skipped the chance to watch it till it comes out so you can hand over your cash?
yeah rite.

send them a freaking donation if it's bothering you that much

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

combatmaster
The problem is that the myths of other-worldly/dimensional beings/gods, supernatural events/miracles, ufo's etc. found their way into the human psyche thousands of years ago. Hence the multitude of beliefs and religions we have today.

The US military are not the ones responsible since they have only existed for the last few centuries!

Of course, your quote is in no way silly...but I think you are missing the finer-points of this discussion. Happens a LOT with this particular topic.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

stealthyaroura
reply to post by vbstrvct

Actually I collect these types of Books so it will end up on my bookshelf sooner or later.

lets face it sooner or later it would of been posted. i'm sure those that saw it are grateful for the short time it was up.

I'm grateful. I own the book and I've been waiting a LONG time for this docu and would own it by now if available. Darn sure couldn't pass up a chance to watch it!

But what I really want to say is: We have some really good minds here that share an interest in what I believe to be a more important topic than it appears on the surface. I know some of y'all feel the same way.

Old friends StealthyAurora and 1ofthe9 and some folk newer to me like the vbstrvct & FelixB. IsaacKoi helping us out, too. I'm stoked and I hope we can keep working some of these questions together. All y'all rock in my book.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

stealthyaroura
reply to post by BurbGirl378:

Do You Beat Your Wife, too, Arse Hole.

I uploaded the torrent copy that I converted and placed onto YouTube into this ATS thread. The Mods quickly removed it. I still have the full version converted from .flv to .wmv on my Drive. I have been receiving private messages asking me for the Torrent Link. I don't have it anymore.

No one would cry in this thread, because if they did you would smack the sh!t out of them to make them stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ahem....................................................silence?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

OOoops. Now that .wmv copy has disappeared from my Drive. I got nuthin.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

stealthyaroura
lets face it sooner or later it would of been posted. i'm sure those that saw it are grateful for the short time it was up. so you just skipped the chance to watch it till it comes out so you can hand over your cash? yeah rite.

I'm not naive about things being posted "sooner or later," my point was that I hope leaking the movie doesn't have any impact on its imminent official release.

Yes I watched it because, besides having bought the book when it came out, I've been waiting to watch this for a while now. But I also said - and invited others to do the same - that when the movie comes out I will buy it because I think it deserves the support.

send them a freaking donation if it's bothering you that much

That's a nice sentiment, but do you even know if the authors set up a way for people to donate? That's a rhetorical question, I'm glad you explain your position and there's no need to continue this discussion and distract from actual important information that is being debated.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The thought just hit me that some reading this thread might not realize that some of the very same 'Mirage Men' noted in book & film participate and/or have associations here at ATS?

Folk known to have used multiple 'socks' in the past. Just a thought to keep in mind whenever this topic comes up. You can BET these OPs don't escape their attention.

edit on 6-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oddly enough the Pazzaglini interview of note was done by Greg Bishop.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Q: "Everything You Know Is Wrong." There's a thrill in the discovery of these things.

A: And there's a thread of that running through the Hollywood community. Because [filmmaker] Kenneth Anger knows Jacques Vallee. They've known each other for a long time.

Q: What's that connection all about?

A: I don't really know. Vallee mentions in his latest book that he knows the man. People I know who have asked him about Anger say that he says nothing and won't talk about it. A magical magazine called Green Egg dedicated a recent issue to Vallee. I talked to Whitley Strieber once and asked him what was going on about all this, and he said "If you really want to know, read my book Cat Magic. That's where I tell the whole story." *

Q: So what did you find?

A: Well Cat Magic is about evocational magic. It's some sort of a war between magicians. So that information seems to point to the theory of UFOs that some gate has been opened and this is basically a "leak." It's sort of the space-time ripping theory. In other words, there's this hole in space-time and these things are getting through.

Q: Vallee actually hints at this over and over in his books - he just couches it in scientific language.

A: He's being very careful, but he's saying the same thing. Actually, a lot of people are saying it. John Keel does this. The phenomena is bad because it doesn't just violate one or two physical laws, it violates the whole deal. So you know it's just bad. Something's really off. It's either very bogus - a lot of neural noise, or it's just so far beyond our understanding that we have no concepts to wrap around it to get a handle on it.

If that were true, then the space-time holes idea might just be what it would look like. In fact, that's just what my great-grandmother told me.
"These things are not from here. They come through here, and you have to be careful. You can use them, but just be careful."
The things we were taught about were called foletti.

The root of that word is the Latin word folis, which means "whirlwind." They speak of little creatures about two to three feet high that inhabit this "other world." And they do things: they abduct people, they play tricks, they're very sexual - they like to fiddle with people sexually, and this begins to sound like Jacques Vallee.

* = In the interests of both Fairness and Responsible Journalism, we thought it only fair to post this rebuttal by the Whitster:

Return-Path: [email protected]
Date: Thu May 08 21:38:21 1997
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Dr. Pazzaglini and the Enochian Space Aliens
"I talked to Whitley Strieber once and asked him what was going on about all this, and he said "If you really want to know, read my book Cat Magic. That's where I tell the whole story... it's about evocational magic. It's some sort of a war between magicians."
-Mario Pazzaglini, Ph.D.
If it is of any interest, I did not say this.
Whitley Strieber

Straight up WTF material right there.

Here's Persinger talking about his remote viewing work in 2011. Note the stuff about his 'geopsyche' concept... I'm preparing a post on a rough experimental method of inducing liminal states via stimulation of the right prefrontal cortex. Hopefully its relevance will be apparent.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join