It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirage Men is out.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

IsaacKoi
I'm sure TheGut will sort you out with links to relevant information/emails, but in the interests of anyone else seeking to follow along then I'll just mention that a Google search on, say, (Puthoff Serpo "Team of Five") should lead you quite quickly to material about Puthoff's involvement in the Serpo saga. In particular, I'd suggest reading the material on the Reality Uncovered website and on Shwanna Connolly's serpo.info website.

That's where I was clumsily--and carefully--going, as you know. Thank you, sir.

Frankly, I'm not sure that clear conclusions can be drawn from that material about the nature of Hal Puthoff's involvement. Still, the material is quite amusing for various reasons.

Yeah, uber-amusing and while it doesn't--as you note--elucidate motives, it does provide, imo, relevant info that usually goes under-reported. Interesting insight--in the Team of Five emails especially--as regards some of the personalities and behind-the-scene strategies and their panic attacks as the Serpo saga starts going South. Hilarity ensues!

In terms of more general discussions about Hal Puthoff, the table at the link below includes page references to discussion of him in 14 books about UFOs and remote viewing:
www.isaackoi.com...

(By the way TheGut, I hope to have some more Aviary related material for you soon).

Headed to that link now to fill in gaps. Thanks. Aviary related material you say? You KNOW it's time to stop teasing me. I mean I know you're busy, but...

edit on 4-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Mirage Men - Fair Use

Careful what you get yourself into CaptainBeno. They have high powered lasers, electromagnetic negative energy, and (if you believe the movie) they're invisible too... You can only believe about 20% of what they're saying, and you have to figure out for yourself the 80% portion that is actually disinformation.

Have a Blast!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Isaac I'll link when I get home.
The material is really good. Lots of stuff relating to trance states, etc.

Re: team of five. I took particular notice of Kit Green's comments. Either the NSA was using someone's machine, the emails weren't legit, or most interestingly...maybe the trickster can play on computers too.
Certainly amusing to see him talk about engram's/memes.

What if the phenomena is hoaxing itself?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Jaellma
reply to post by IsaacKoi

It would have probably come top of a list of the most thought provoking UFO books I'd read in the year or two before that book.

So what are some of the most thought provoking UFO books you have read in recent times? If we had to exclude the Dolan series and Kean, what remaining books are credible enough of worthy mention?

Mmm. I've been thinking about that since you posted the question. Frankly, not many really interesting recent UFO books spring to mind (which ties in with my view in another thread that standards seem to have slipped further within ufology in the last few years).

There are a few exceptions. Depending on your interests:
(1) "UFOs and Government" by Michael Swords and Robert Powell is a very good (with a detailed historical examination of ufological material):
www.amazon.com...

(2) John Alexander's book recent(ish) book is rather provocative:
www.amazon.com...

(3) "UFOs, Area 51, and Government Informants: A Report on Government Involvement in UFO Crash Retrievals Paperback" by Grant Cameron and T. Scott Crain is also rather provocative (and covers some of topics relevant to "Mirage Men") but contains rather heavy doses of speculation:
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

1ofthe9
...Re: team of five. I took particular notice of Kit Green's comments. Either the NSA was using someone's machine, the emails weren't legit, or most interestingly...maybe the trickster can play on computers too.
Certainly amusing to see him talk about engram's/memes.

Interestingly enough, while "engram" is a scientific term--used by Kit Green in the To5 emails--it most often appears in Scientology literature in a somewhat misused manner. Most here know that the remote viewing program had it's genesis in L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetics/Scientology.

The big "3" of Rv'ing: Hal Puthoff, Ingo Swann, and Pat Price were accomplished Scientologists. It's also of note, I personally believe, that the deeper one digs into the specific mythologies discussed herein, the more obvious it becomes where some of the details/mythologies originated. Kit Green, btw, also reviewed the autopsy report of L. Ron's son Quentin Hubbard at the request of "friends." When we speak of Remote Viewing it's important to remember Col. John B. Alexander's association with it and to note the ever-present coincidences that tie these cats to ufology/phenomenology---and often NIDS.

The Team of 5 emails--including Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green's near breakdown--are fairly certainly legitimate when the trail is traced. Certainly no one has been sued if'n you catch my drift and the path is well documented. The "sex club" dialogue alone was worth the price of admission even if it doesn't relate to anything but the panic felt by the "Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight" as Serpo spectacularly collapsed around them.

edit on 5-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Sorry CaptainBeno, I tried, but it seems that the No Guts, No Glory participants in this thread would rather discuss Thetans, Oppressive Persons, and the removal of Engrams. They don't respect the "Fair Use" Disclaimer as follows:

[FAIR USE NOTICE

Due to the social nature of this site, it may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit, to those who have expressed a prior interest in participating in a community of individuals interested in our methodologies, for comment and nonprofit educational purposes. For more information go to: www.copyright.gov... If you, as a member of the community, wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.]

...AND they don't seem to understand that the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement has not become law, and has been highly opposed by a great number of U.S. Citizens.

Your on your own. You'll have to wait 'till spring. Basically the flick is about some guy who gloats about driving an interested citizen insane using staged UFO sightings in the Southwest Desert of the U.S. to protect the anonymity of the Area51 testing sight. Only about 20% of the content can be believed and it is completely subjective. It is a non-scientific composition of interviews with UFO mythology intertwined. Very Narcissistic Indeed.

I would expect ATS to be a "Fair Use" forum, but not these guys. This whole thread has been nothing more than a publicity stunt to promote the movie and ensure the highest possible financial return upon it's release.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

Perfect

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The guy that "gloats" is or was a supposed disinfo special agent for the Air Force Office of Special Investigation named Rick Doty
edit on 5-1-2014 by ZeroPropulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The GUT
Great points. And, yeah, those ever-present coincidences are surely notable and worthy of contemplation. There's another fellow mentioned in Greg Valdez' 'Dulce Base' that remains un-named but seems to be identifiable and probably needs to be to shed a little more light. Anyone familiar with that aspect/person?

Can I try to guess?

Jason Bishop? Or Bill McGarity as Greg chooses to name him.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

vbstrvct
Can I try to guess?

Jason Bishop? Or Bill McGarity as Greg chooses to name him.

So, "McGarity," is the illusive Jason Bishop which might be a pseudonym itself? Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, didn't Greg insinuate that the mystery man along for the ride was gubmint connected?

What is known about him, V? What was Greg hinting at about him in the book? I've been meaning to get around to looking into that, but keep letting it slip off my radar.

Member torsion's thread relevant to this discussion and just prior to publication of Dulce Base (Greg Valdez weighs in) :

Dulce Base - upcoming book by Greg Valdez

Website for the Book: Dulce Base

edit on 5-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroPropulsion

Yeah, I got that. Doty seems very Narcissistic. Very personable with lots of 'friends' but no one close enough to really know him. The Air Force could have taken Paul Benowitz inside. He had a useful business in the area. Instead they chose to make a negative example of him and to drive him insane. Disinformation, Muddying up the waters, driving people insane-- doesn't seem like something a Democratic 'by the people for the people' government should be doing.

The stare down at the end of the movie adds a little bit of a psychopathic tinge to Doty's personality.

"But the scary thing was, there actually were injection marks on his arm."
edit on 5-1-2014 by BurbGirl378 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

IsaacKoi

Jaellma
reply to post by IsaacKoi

It would have probably come top of a list of the most thought provoking UFO books I'd read in the year or two before that book.

So what are some of the most thought provoking UFO books you have read in recent times? If we had to exclude the Dolan series and Kean, what remaining books are credible enough of worthy mention?

Mmm. I've been thinking about that since you posted the question. Frankly, not many really interesting recent UFO books spring to mind (which ties in with my view in another thread that standards seem to have slipped further within ufology in the last few years).

There are a few exceptions. Depending on your interests:
(1) "UFOs and Government" by Michael Swords and Robert Powell is a very good (with a detailed historical examination of ufological material):
www.amazon.com...

(2) John Alexander's book recent(ish) book is rather provocative:
www.amazon.com...

(3) "UFOs, Area 51, and Government Informants: A Report on Government Involvement in UFO Crash Retrievals Paperback" by Grant Cameron and T. Scott Crain is also rather provocative (and covers some of topics relevant to "Mirage Men") but contains rather heavy doses of speculation:
www.amazon.com...

Here are the two Keel collections:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388958667&sr=8-3&keywords=John+Keel
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1388958667&sr=8-5&keywords=John+Keel

Keel doesn't name names, but there might be some stuff available in his archived material that could be used to track down more information. Flying Saucer to the Center of Your Mind is the one with the reference to the patents.

Also Blurbgirl, the meme stuff is more important than you think. I'd really like to know what context Kit Green was using engram in: the neuropsychology definition, or the Dianetics one. Oddly they both seem to fit.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

1ofthe9
Here are the two Keel collections:

Thanks for the links to those books 1ofthe9. I may have to pick them both up.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

We would like to thank the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin for supporting this work. This work previously
originated under Air Force Research Laboratory (AFMC) contract F04611-99-C-0025. We also wish to extend our
thanks and appreciation to Frank Mead (AFRL/PRSP, Edwards AFB, CA), members of the Air Staff (Air Force HQ,
Pentagon), and Paul Murad (Department of Defense) for encouraging us to explore this topic.

www.morningstarap.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I just found a copy on TPB. Not sure if its legit yet but will know soon!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by noeltrotsky

If people are going to pirate something they could at least pirate the best available source. That torrent is ~460mb so I suspect it's probably in FLV format and lower resolution. The 720p ~860mb MP4 was available for like 4 days and apparently no one was able or cared enough to get it.

Maybe now they will release it sooner on iTunes or netflix or something. I'm going to buy it any way because I think it's important to support movies and research such as this.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

vbstrvct
I'm going to buy it any way because I think it's important to support movies and research such as this.

Me too. I'm also guessing the version we've seen isn't the final cut.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

1ofthe9
www.morningstarap.com...

Whoops. Screwed up the formatting.
Paul Murad is a very interesting fellow, check out the papers on his site.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

vbstrvct
If people are going to pirate something they could at least pirate the best available source. That torrent is ~460mb so I suspect it's probably in FLV format and lower resolution. The 720p ~860mb MP4 was available for like 4 days and apparently no one was able or cared enough to get it.

Maybe now they will release it sooner on iTunes or netflix or something. I'm going to buy it any way because I think it's important to support movies and research such as this.

The TPB version is legit and decent quality. Of course buying to watch/support is a good way to fund quality research.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

BurbGirl378
Doty seems very Narcissistic. Very personable with lots of 'friends' but no one close enough to really know him.
The stare down at the end of the movie adds a little bit of a psychopathic tinge to Doty's personality.
"But the scary thing was, there actually were injection marks on his arm."

Yeah, that Doty is really something else. A person so warped by the Intelligence community he almost isn't human anymore.

So many comments in the movie clearly have secondary meanings. Your quote is a great example of the movie not going deeper into a subject but hinting at it. Doty is clearly hinting that Benowitz was being chemically manipulated by the Intelligence community outside of the hospital. Why would they still be targeting him after Doty stopped his disinfo op against him and Benowitz was in a mental institution? He likely was on to something significant enough that even the ravings of a crazy lunatic would cause too much trouble.

It's a movie that needs to be picked apart very carefully indeed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join