It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirage Men is out.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

weavty1
New working link anywhere, guys?

Gracias, second line.

LINK TO VIDEO REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER

ADMIN NOTICE
Linking to illegally obtained copyrighted material is a serious breach of AboveTopSecret's Terms & Conditions.
edit on 4-1-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

I'm workin' on it. Here is something to chew on until then.

edit on 4-1-2014 by BurbGirl378 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2014 by BurbGirl378 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yes, it's quite easy and fairly indisputable to trace much of the modern UFO mythos to the characters highlighted in the film and/or mentioned here.

The question becomes, as noted by many: Why?

The answer may be more complex than most of the ideas presented so far. And, of course, different players also often have motives that contradict the goals of other agencies/factions.

If, and that's a big "if," the gubmint is somewhat less mystified than the majority of us…then any story pushing a familiar mythology should cause heads to be turning and looking for the magician's assistant.

For example, say that some of our science/intel guys have come to the conclusion that "they" are something along the lines of ID rather than ET? Now that WOULD require some serious and due consideration as to what kind of strain that might put on society. ET most could handle. ID, on the other hand, would be construed quite differently by various segments of the population.

Also, the ideas proffered in the controversial 'Report from Iron Mountain' do coincide with official documentation that has suggested "Aliens" as a possible replacement for the new "Fear" construct. Commies then Terrorists then…Aliens?

Then there's the idea first offered (I think) by Jacques Vallee that someone or something--or both--are introducing meme-myths to root and take hold in our global society. Maybe even an attempt at fostering a universal "religion" or spirituality to replace the many differing belief systems. There is almost certainly a social engineering aspect--intentional or not--to the ufological disinformation.

Certainly not new ideas…but they do--as theory--overlay the plot nicely, and imo, remain on the table.

Happy New Year, Y'all!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
G'nite, y'all...

VIDEO REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER

I'll watch it in the morning!

edit on 4-1-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
All right we need to come to a watershed here…knock the BS off and decide to do something.

Look I have an idea.

This was done on another forum with 911. I didn’t like the conclusions but that’s another story.

Anyway, the idea is for ATS to appoint a few amongst the many brilliant researchers here maybe 4 to 10 and of course negotiate a compensatory deal with ATS( since I’m not a communist, despite what many may think) about whatever product is produced to share the wealth.

A formal ATS investigation into the ALIEN UFO phenomenon!
With researchers from this forum!

Btw, I exclude myself from this since my expertise is in other fields.

But the many brilliant folks here like The Gut, Isaac Koi, Jade Star, Corsair00, AND MANY OTHERS I DON’T MENTION in fact numerous on this very thread are brilliant people who might take part in this formal ATS investigation.

The project alone would draw a lot of attention from the very sources strange and mundane that might serve to fill in a lot of the gaps we have.

Of course you could have volunteers to offer their ideas and work but the official guys and ATS, after working out the legal money stuff, get paid.

Naturally this idea may have been expressed before one way or another

It could be an awesome undertaking with a groundbreaking product

Just an idea

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

ONLINE VERSIONS OF THIS MOVIE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER

Please do not link to downloads or YouTube versions.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Willtell
All right we need to come to a watershed here…knock the BS off and decide to do something.

Look I have an idea.

This was done on another forum with 911. I didn’t like the conclusions but that’s another story.

Anyway, the idea is for ATS to appoint a few amongst the many brilliant researchers here maybe 4 to 10 and of course negotiate a compensatory deal with ATS( since I’m not a communist, despite what many may think) about whatever product is produced to share the wealth.

A formal ATS investigation into the ALIEN UFO phenomenon!
With researchers from this forum!

Btw, I exclude myself from this since my expertise is in other fields.

But the many brilliant folks here like The Gut, Isaac Koi, Jade Star, Corsair00, AND MANY OTHERS I DON’T MENTION in fact numerous on this very thread are brilliant people who might take part in this formal ATS investigation.

The project alone would draw a lot of attention from the very sources strange and mundane that might serve to fill in a lot of the gaps we have.
Just an idea

Thanks. I'd be happy to help out in any way. As I said in another post, my reasons for being here are precisely to partner up with other researchers who are well versed in UFOs and who have been researching the subject longer than me as recommended by the Sturrock Report.

So yes, count me in.

@SkepticOverloard, I'm sorry, I did not know that torrent links were illegal since they aren't links to the actual file/video themselves and thus would give ATS legal protection as well as a plausible answer to the copyright holder as was the case on a couple other paranormal forums where they still exist.

Maybe the whole thread should be deleted since it is a discussion based on the original post which included the video and carries a title "Mirage Men is Out". Which it looks like is incorrect.

I guess we're not supposed to be talking about a film The Hollywood Reporter reviewed at length last August.

I certainly do not want to hype a film that is not officially out when the copyright holder likely leaked the thing in the first place to generate the very conversation we're having.

I don't like being manipulated and refuse to discuss this film any further as a result of the actions of the people behind it.
edit on 4-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Maybe the whole thread should be deleted since it is a discussion based on the original post which included the video and carries a title "Mirage Men is Out". Which it looks like is incorrect.

I guess we're not supposed to be talking about a film The Hollywood Reporter reviewed at length last August.

I certainly do not want to hype a film that is not officially out when the copyright holder likely leaked the thing in the first place to generate the very conversation we're having.

I don't like being manipulated and refuse to discuss this film any further as a result of the actions of the people behind it.
- JadeStar

I agree with JadeStar. Obviously 'Mirage Men' is still in the closet, and has not come out. We've been played as publicity fools by the shameful, greedy producers who keep removing the content from each and every site, even when a Fair Use disclaimer has been attached. This thread is nothing more than capitalist advertising manipulation. Are we ATS Sheeple?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

CardDown
Another possibility is that Moore and Doty were playing some spy games and trying to enhance their own reputations...

Doty was officially employed when running his scam (and thereby contributing to mythology) on Paul Bennewitz. That's official disinformation and isn't up for any significant debate.

Afterwards, along comes SERPO pushing much the same theme and has lifelong intelligence org heavyweights with their fingers all over, and in it, such as Drs Christopher "Kit" Green and Hal Puthoff. Kit Green, for one, has maintained extremely high-security clearances and it seems unlikely that an intelligence professional--with a Presidential medal and continued gubmint funding/projects--would go "rogue" and not be called on the carpet and stripped of their clearance for these types of shenanigans if they didn't have official approval of some sort.

That's my read on the situation. I've not seen any evidence beyond the testimony of liars (or people they've duped) to support the government disinformation campaign claimed.

Sure you have, CD. For one, we've already mentioned Doty was running official disinformation on Bennewitz for AFOSI. That's evidence. In addition there is more documented historical context for using the "UFO" as a disinfo ploy.

Here's an excerpt from a declassified CIA doc that requires a little stamina to get through, but contains some nuggets such as:

CIA, under its assigned responsibilities, and in cooperation with the psychological strategy board, immediately investigate possible offensive or defensive utilization of the phenomena for psychological warfare purposes both for and against the United States, advising those agencies charged with U.S. internal security of any pertinent findings affecting their areas of responsibility. www.deeppoliticsforum.com...

Then we have the so-called Pentacle Memo:

Among other things, this document contains confirmation that Battelle Memorial Institute was working on UFO project(s) at the time of the Robertson Panel, (January 1953), and apparently could exercise some amount of control over the handling of the subject matter. 
www.cufon.org...

Therefore, we recommend that a controlled experiment be set up by which reliable physical data can be obtained. A tentative preliminary plan by which the experiment could be designed and carried out is discussed in the following paragraphs.

Assuming that, from our analysis, several definite areas productive of reports can be selected, we recommend that one or two of theses areas be set up as experimental areas. This area, or areas, should have observation posts with complete visual skywatch, with radar and photographic coverage, plus all other instruments necessary or helpful in obtaining positive and reliable data on everything in the air over the area. A very complete record of the weather should also be kept during the time of the experiment.

Coverage should be so complete that any object in the air could be tracked, and information as to its altitude, velocity, size, shape, color, time of day, etc. could be recorded. All balloon releases or known balloon paths, aircraft flights, and flights of rockets in the test area should be known to those in charge of the experiment. Many different types of aerial activity should be secretly and purposefully scheduled within the area.
www.philipcoppens.com...

More Here: The CIA and the UFO Mythos

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

TG, you have failed to convince me, but the smoke you cite could indicate some fire somewhere.

I'll help you with your argument in regards to the Doty campaign. You should have said that Doty did not act alone, other Air Force personnel were involved, chiefly Major Ernest Edwards. Also, Doty used AF facilities and equipment over a period of several months in his interactions not just with Paul Bennewitz, but other UFO researchers such as Linda Mouton Howe and Peter Gersten. Surely this indicates that Doty's actions were not the act of a lone rogue.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
@TheGUT: Can you send me a U2U with the info you have on Hal Putoff being involved in the Serpo story? I am doing some research that his name has come up in, independent of the Serpo story and I had no idea he was involved in that.

I'm willing to share what I have with you privately.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

BurbGirl378
I agree with JadeStar. Obviously 'Mirage Men' is still in the closet, and has not come out. We've been played as publicity fools by the shameful, greedy producers who keep removing the content from each and every site, even when a Fair Use disclaimer has been attached. This thread is nothing more than capitalist advertising manipulation. Are we ATS Sheeple?

I read Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington back in 2010 when it came out and I've been following the development of the movie ever since it was announced. There's no indication the producers leaked the movie. Further, it wouldn't even make sense to leak the movie now.

The movie has been getting good reviews and awards in film festivals. And just last month it was picked up for distribution in the spring of 2014. Why leak it now?

As far as I can tell the leaked version was uploaded by a Youtube member by the name ANUNNAKI ZX. A watermark "ANUNNAKI" can be seen on the top right corner of the video that was posted on Youtube and that was subsequently made available on other video sites and torrents.

The creator of this thread already apologized for having created. He said he did so because he believed the movie had been out. You can see here he got the link from the member stealthyaroura.

I don't know if 1ofthe9 or stealthyaroura are ANUNNAKI ZX on Youtube or if they have anything to do with the movie, but it still wouldn't make sense to me to leak the movie now, just after recently getting a deal for distribution with a big media entity.

I'm not entirely familiar with the pertaining legislation but I'm almost certain that simply attaching a fair use disclaimer doesn't permit you to post copyrighted material.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
top notch!
-sorry,
had to troll.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
S&F
Excellant read/watch!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The film has been in the works a long while. Here's an earlier thread on it:
Paul Bennewitz, Mirage Men, Project Beta, X Descending & Disinformation

The book it was based on (or maybe co-created with) delves into deeper topics that I wish the film could have addressed. The film is built around filmed interviews, almost all of which directly relate to the Paul Bennewitz case.

One shortcoming of the book is the failure to address the culpability of the most active and nefarious Mirage Men, the UFO promoters. The people that earn their living based on writing and lecturing about UFOs, and are forced to constantly deliver new material to their audience or go bust. Some of them promote every stray light in the sky as a ET visitation. Many latch onto the flimsiest fantasy, claiming that the evidence for it has been stolen by the silencers. Others, in the absence of source material, just make things up.

There is some wispy evidence of disinformation by government agents. In contrast, B.S. and misinformation by UFO hucksters may represent 90% of the field.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

And the detailed, authentic reports of everyone from peasants to royalty spanning literally hundreds of years, including reports of huge strange lights able to move at fantastic speeds, stopping dead and hovering, right angled turns at tremendous speeds..ostensibly what we today would immediately recognise as UFOs?

What about those then?

These are reports going back further in time than the existence of the USA, let alone the US military / black ops brigades.

No convenient 'black ops secret aircraft tests to explain it away, no propaganda excuses to fool the Soviets, not even vague NAZIs in antarctica playing with stargates can be used...these reports go back hundreds of years ago.

No mate...you're right about it being a cover story..just not the cover story you think it might be.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

CardDown
reply to post by The GUT

TG, you have failed to convince me, but the smoke you cite could indicate some fire somewhere.

I'm still working on you, but you're coming along nicely.

Jus' funnin'...you know I respect your work, CD...but keep the "smoke" in mind. It turns up again and again. And again. I think these shenanigans tend to get ignored because some folk don't believe that they have anything to do with getting at the truth behind the ufological enigma, but I myself have come to strongly suspect that these issues do contain clues that might inch us a little closer to some answers.

Just looking at both the professional and personal interests of say Kit Green and John Alexander probably contain some hefty clues as to where our intel scientists are looking for continued answers and it ain't outerspace.

I'll help you with your argument in regards to the Doty campaign. You should have said that Doty did not act alone, other Air Force personnel were involved, chiefly Major Ernest Edwards. Also, Doty used AF facilities and equipment over a period of several months in his interactions not just with Paul Bennewitz, but other UFO researchers such as Linda Mouton Howe and Peter Gersten. Surely this indicates that Doty's actions were not the act of a lone rogue.

Thank you. I actually jotted a note to myself to dig up the documentation that includes Major Edwards--and others--role in that business.

If memory serves, wasn't Doty also involved in a very suspect UFO report at Kirtland that predated the majority of the Bennewitz affair?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

FelixB

BurbGirl378

I read Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington back in 2010 when it came out and I've been following the development of the movie ever since it was announced. There's no indication the producers leaked the movie. Further, it wouldn't even make sense to leak the movie now.

The movie has been getting good reviews and awards in film festivals. And just last month it was picked up for distribution in the spring of 2014. Why leak it now?

As far as I can tell the leaked version was uploaded by a Youtube member by the name ANUNNAKI ZX. A watermark "ANUNNAKI" can be seen on the top right corner of the video that was posted on Youtube and that was subsequently made available on other video sites and torrents.

The creator of this thread already apologized for having created. He said he did so because he believed the movie had been out. You can see here he got the link from the member stealthyaroura.

I don't know if 1ofthe9 or stealthyaroura are ANUNNAKI ZX on Youtube or if they have anything to do with the movie, but it still wouldn't make sense to me to leak the movie now, just after recently getting a deal for distribution with a big media entity.

I'm not entirely familiar with the pertaining legislation but I'm almost certain that simply attaching a fair use disclaimer doesn't permit you to post copyrighted material.

I'm not associated with the ANUNNAKI ZX account at all. I found the link by stealthyaurora and figured that it had been released on youtube via licensing to whoever operates the ANUNNAKI ZX brand. I would like to apologize to the copyright holders, as I would honestly pay money to see this in a theatre.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by 1ofthe9

And the detailed, authentic reports of everyone from peasants to royalty spanning literally hundreds of years, including reports of huge strange lights able to move at fantastic speeds, stopping dead and hovering, right angled turns at tremendous speeds..ostensibly what we today would immediately recognise as UFOs?

What about those then?

These are reports going back further in time than the existence of the USA, let alone the US military / black ops brigades.

No convenient 'black ops secret aircraft tests to explain it away, no propaganda excuses to fool the Soviets, not even vague NAZIs in antarctica playing with stargates can be used...these reports go back hundreds of years ago.

No mate...you're right about it being a cover story..just not the cover story you think it might be.

You should check out my other threads. I've been digging and I've found a few nuggets you might find interesting.

Re: GUT, JadeStar, CardDown: You guys might want to check out the Keel collections that were released recently. There is a bunch of interesting data in there relating to EM, medical effects, and the weird liminal experiences around the silent contactee/abductions. There is also a very interesting 1969 speech by Keel that relates to unique information passed on via the whole 'UFO' thing - whatever it might be. He specifically mentions a guy in California patenting some kind of metallurgical process... If we could find this guy...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join