It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirage Men is out.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

To be chanted toward the man in black...

You don't know what you're doing!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

That was a great documentary with a lot of key players and researchers included. Although it doesnt really offer any answers and only serves to confuse the matter further.

I have been interested in this topic for most of my life and i think that having these interviews of these folks later on in their careers is quite thought provoking. Most of these people understood that there was much disinfo going around. The fact that gov agents were so involved at all, is them showing their hand. Doty was prob chosen for his willingness to follow direction, and it seems he felt like he was being used as much as he was using the ufo researchers community. The gov didnt have to take it in that direction or even that far. At least they admit that some of the direct harm they inflicted was their fault and quite purposeful.

It seems to me that with all the differing but popular stories. ( david icke, zecharia sitchin, bill moore, majestic 12, zeta reticulii, etc,) that there is obviously someone feeding this frenzy with false info.

What stands out to me as the best evidence for extra terrestrial existence is the ancient texts. There is a prevailing story of outside influence of the human race that spans thousands of years, every populated continent, and most of what i refer to as semi advanced societies. (Any society with a mythology of the origins of life. )
Even the very popular jewish and christian books plainly tell a story of extraterrestrial manipulation of early man. It is plain to see that even these stories have been manipulated to send the reader in a certain direction.

Thanks for posting the video here i hope it is viewable for a while

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
To say this is the foundation of the UFO myth is absurd.

It’s a small event with one unfortunate mentally disturbed individual being abused by a
wretched man(Doty) and a wretched( small part of) government.

This video itself has little if any proof of a wide plot to do what it claims. It’s all Bennowitz and that creepy crawler Doty and his superiors at that air force base.

Their intent was to cover up the goings on at their base that’s all they proved.
And can you believe known liars—Doty and Moore?
Bottom line this video is hyped-up small potatoes, imo.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Wookiep
This was an interesting watch, thanks for sharing. There was a lot of info in there that I didn't even know about. However, there is a possibility that this film did exactly what it potentially set out to do... which was (possibly?) to raise more questions than answers and continue the dominant and seemingly never-ending reign of confusion on this topic.

I watched this last night after it was posted.

Being a member of ATS and attempting to question everything. The thought of this Video itself may have been a way to discredit those who are interested in the subject. Not saying this is the case but again, I couldn't shake that feeling.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Willtell
To say this is the foundation of the UFO myth is absurd.

It’s a small event with one unfortunate mentally disturbed individual being abused by a
wretched man(Doty) and a wretched( small part of) government.

This video itself has little if any proof of a wide plot to do what it claims. It’s all Bennowitz and that creepy crawler Doty and his superiors at that air force base.

Their intent was to cover up the goings on at their base that’s all they proved.
And can you believe known liars—Doty and Moore?
Bottom line this video is hyped-up small potatoes, imo.

I totally agree. Sure this might be the beginning of this particular story but to say that this is the foundation of all ufo myth is plainly wrong info as well. There have been several thousands of descriptions of what could best be described as unidentified aerial objects even before america was founded. Christopher columbus describes some glowing orbs floating along side his ships on his first voyage across the atlantic. There are stories from medieval period books describing great shields in the sky, and aerial battles of great destruction with debri falling from the sky. The enuma elish describes flying craft. The vimana shastra is a flight manual and operators manual for flying craft. The bahgavad gita describes aerial cities and battles in the skies along with visual depictions of flying chariots. One must read between the lines and realise that these are accounts of things that modern people didnt believe possible until a hundred or so years ago.

Most people wont take the time to look at these manuscripts, or they will just see them as mythologies, which they are. But the things they describe are pretty consistant with what we now understand as technologies and not divine matters.

We are now even seeing a push away from reading religious books. I think because the few people who do still read them are opening their eyes to what is being depicted. I am not religious at all but when i read these books without the veil of belief they clearly tell a story of beings not from earth, interacting and manipulating mankind. Odd that people can deny this.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

You missed the point then. You seem to be confusing the (initial) purpose of the operation (to get Bennewitz's attention away from Kirtland) with what the operation ultimately generated.

Here's a brief summary of what kind of information came out as a result of this operation: aliens have visited earth in the past and have genetically tempered with humans. Aliens were behind human and cattle abductions. Aliens had underground bases. MJ-12 was the government's control group for alien information. Just to name a few.

All of these pieces of information, or derivations, are at the foundation of modern UFO beliefs, and to some extent, pop culture.

Add the fact that Doty was a consultant on the X-Files and even appeared as an extra on a few episodes, and the implications of the information Doty spread is bigger than "one unfortunate mentally disturbed individual being abused by a wretched man."

Maybe I simply have unrealistic expectations about what kind of information and books and research the members here have consulted before commenting.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

vbstrvct
reply to post by Willtell

Here's a brief summary of what kind of information came out as a result of this operation: aliens have visited earth in the past and have genetically tempered with humans

This is actually the main theme of the first few chapters of genesis.

However all of your other points are spot on.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vbstrvct

First, you fail to realize the absurdity of the very premise of this video.

Why would the Gov go to lengths to prevent people from the attention of military basis by creating a myth that they are run by aliens.
That would increase the attention of those and like basis!

This is a small piece of a huge puzzle.
Go read Timothy goods book for example, there all kinds of Alien events, true or false, that came way before this creep Doty and that poor mentally ill guy Bennowitz and the DULCE lore.
This book and video is a small part of UFO lore.
But the writers and producers (good for them I hope they make money) have hyped this up.

That doesn’t mean the video or story isn’t pertinent but it’s just too blown up.

Also what people don’t realize is that this videos main “facts” are from the LYING government ( and their untrustworthy agents) in the first place!
Imo Linda Howe was the star and heroine of that video.
Don’t you see the circle of BS they are spinning it returns us back to where we were
Ignorant! With the Gov being no help.

THE GOVERNMENT LYING TO THE PEOPLE, TO DECIEVE THE PEOPLE, IN ORDER TO FOOL THE PEOPLE, IN ORDER TO HIDE FROM THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, THE TRUTH

edit on 2-1-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Wow! That was very interesting indeed and I thank you for posting it here on ATS. Great find, S&F!

You know, sometimes I get these subtle messages or nudges telling me it's time to do something and I think this may be one of those times.

About 3 months ago, I was in Missouri visiting my mom & stepfather and I noticed a catalog from a bookseller laying on their table. It was from "Inner Traditions" and most of the books being offered were regarding metaphysical subject matter, so it caught my interest right away.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my stepfather noticed that several books really captured my attention and he decided to buy them for me as an early X-mas gift. One of those books was "Secret Journey To Planet Serpo" by Len Kasten. It's been laying in my pile of yet-to-read books for 2 months now.

Looks like it's time for me to read my book.

Thanks again 1ofthe9, I really enjoyed the video.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Willtell
First, you fail to realize the absurdity of the very premise of this video. Why would the Gov go to lengths to prevent people from the attention of military basis by creating a myth that they are run by aliens. That would increase the attention of those and like basis!

For probably some of the same reasons they did what they did with Bob Lazar and Area 51.

We're in complete agreement.

Go read Timothy goods book for example, there all kinds of Alien events, true or false, that came way before this creep Doty and that poor mentally ill guy Bennowitz and the DULCE lore. This book and video is a small part of UFO lore.

I never said there weren't any "alien events, true or false" before Doty and the Bennewitz campaign. Or that this was all there was to know regarding "UFO lore." What I said was modern UFO beliefs are largely based on narratives that were created or spread in the Bennewitz operation.

I never claimed all UFO stories are fabrications, much less that they were only fabricated by Doty because of Bennewitz, as you seem to be implying. Nor do I think this documentary (and the book) implies that either, but you're obviously free to interpret it as you wish.

Also what people don’t realize is that this videos main “facts” are from the LYING government ( and their untrustworthy agents) in the first place!

The documentary presents opinions, including Doty's. If you believe any of it at face value, whether it be from Doty or Linda Howe, then you're already on the wrong path.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think this video is only telling half of the story of what the different government agencies did back then. I think they even went as far as abducting UFO believers to test out experimental mind control drugs on them in collaboration with MKUltra type programs. This is most likely where the abduction myths came from.

Notice how Doty said they had stopped harassing the guy before he went mad. I sensed he was not telling truth at that point.

I fully believe that what started out as disinformation ended up as a full blown psy ops experiment and many people got hurt because of it. I think many people might have died or killed themselves because of these programs and this is why they will never be fully disclosed.

So now Doty wants to say there's some truth to it all? I think this is BS , its just a continuation of the original lies he was telling years ago, they have just tweaked the story to make it more believable now. people expect there to be more layers to any lie told my the government these days so thats what they have done. They have created an extra layer by getting Doty to say he was a liar to begin with but now he wants to say theres some truth to it. Its the same thing that happened with J. Allen Hynek.

edit on 2-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maghda

It seems like this vid ended abruptly with doty's face, like they were about to make a point and then just dropped it. Any one else notice this?

I just watched the end again and it does say "look at this guys face" and then just fades to black. No summary or end credits.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I agree, this film produces more questions then answers about the whole UFO lore/community.

But I`m with Linda M. Howe on this one: What is it that makes government twist the truth, make up stories til its just laughable. What are they afraid of? And why? I absolutely dont belive that they would "feed" a UFO community, just to hide some secret projects, some new fighterjets or whatever...And as stated above, would just make people more interested in the secret facilities or the projects themselves.

Could some answer be that if there were a disclosure on the phenomenan, the hole powerstructure of almost every aspect in the human society had to change/collapse? The enslavement of energy among humans, bankster, oilcompanies, religion and so on...The pyramid of power, as we all know, would collapse?
If UFO`s are aliens from other worlds/dimensions, are they friendly? Why dont they make themselves known to us?
What and why and if...

Interesting film, and it is important, to shed a light on governments lying to its public over and over and over again, in this case about the UFO phenomena...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I agree with vb. Spend a day on the UFO part of ATS and you'll see how far the myths spread by Doty and other government agents stretch. Nowadays the government does not even need to do this kind of stuff anymore, as the New Agers muddy up the waters for them. When's the last time you heard an alien story that didn't involve some sort of "light being", or extra beliefs in another realm unrelated to extraterrestrials. I still remember the stories of the underground bases beneath Denver airport and the story of the 50 odd underground 'levels ' of Area 51, with 30 or so belonging to extraterrestrials. Leer, Green, Moore, they are just a small example of the people we KNOW have been fooled, and for every Bennowitz, tthere are hundreds of people who will remain anonymous while rehashing the same disinfo, without knowing that its disinformation.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I will say this, this video does point out something important

The reason why my opinion has changed from a radical “tell all about aliens” to a more cautious approach is because relates:

There are so many kinds of mentally ill people like Bennowitz that would take the alien thing way out of wack.

And even though the stories of the suicides in the Orson Wells affair turn out to be exaggerated, I do believe that many people might go bat # crazy if the alien UFO phenom was confirmed.

Therefore the idea that they are slowly making humans get use to this idea may have some merit.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Another possibility is that Moore and Doty were playing some spy games and trying to enhance their own reputations. When Robert Hastings nailed Moore for faking documents and exposed Doty as his source, Moore created the "confession" of being a double-agent, hoping he'd explain everything and be seen as another victim in the scheme. Things didn't work out as well as he hoped, people did believe his tall tale, but not his innocence in it.

That's my read on the situation. I've not seen any evidence beyond the testimony of liars (or people they've duped) to support the government disinformation campaign claimed.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Video no longer available...........

Shame.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by vbstrvct

First, you fail to realize the absurdity of the very premise of this video.

Why would the Gov go to lengths to prevent people from the attention of military basis by creating a myth that they are run by aliens.
That would increase the attention of those and like basis!

Because they did it before and it helped obscure the U-2 spy plane flights. Contrary to what you say, most people when hearing the alien stories would tend to look the other way as they sound absurd. This is the same as the CIA using the UFO subject as a cover for U-2 flights in the 1950s. The CIA has openly admitted they have done this.

When the government finds something that works they tend to stick to it.

Go read Timothy goods book for example, there all kinds of Alien events, true or false,

And that is the problem with Good's books. All storytelling. No analysis. No science. Nothing that rises to the level of credibility because its all in the same stew of misidentification, misunderstanding, disinformation.

Any real data in his books is buried in noise so deep it's not worth using them for any serious research. They are entertaining of course but at some point the subject has to be comfortable with progressing beyond sci-fi style entertainment and towards sci-fact style science.

Clearly a lot of people have a "need to believe" the stories they need without vetting or validation. I'm not one of them.
edit on 2-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

CryonicAngel
I agree, this film produces more questions then answers about the whole UFO lore/community.

But I`m with Linda M. Howe on this one: What is it that makes government twist the truth, make up stories til its just laughable. What are they afraid of? And why?

Exposing classified but not "Alien" related projects. That Air Force base happens to be home to one of the most powerful laser weapons in the USA.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Thunda
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Video no longer available...........

Shame.

Of course. Because money is more important in this subject than truth. Are you shocked? Surprised?

UFOlogy is a cottage industry.

I wonder if anyone else like me downloaded it yesterday..

edit on 2-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join