It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bar Gets Cease-And-Desist Order From Starbucks, Responds With Hilarious Letter And $6 Check

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Unbelievable. Hopefully more people will start standing up to these corporate bullies. We're the ones that can stop them.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Wait till they copyright mars hehe. Came across this earlier. I signed up and got my entry ID so who knows I may be able to get my ass to mars!

www.facebook.com... Win a chance to go to mars.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Starbucks lost the lawsuit...they didn't have sufficient grounds.

About 7-8 years ago, I saw something on TV that shocked me. I was watching
CNBC (a financial\business channel). They announced that the Starbucks CEO was going to be a guest,
so I'd thought I'd see what the guy had to say. There was already another guest present, a business
critic. He was a young guy who was talking about successful business models, and mentioned a couple companies he admired.

The Starbucks guy came out, sat down, and then blathered on for 10 minutes about how Starbucks was
the greatest company in history. They do EVERYTHING right, people love them, they open a new store every 2 seconds, their coffee is the best, blah, blah, blah......

The business critic guy unleashed on him! He said "I'll give you your due, you've got a successful company, but everything you just said is utter b.s." !! He then said "You're riding a big trend because yuppies love stuff like this. You have mugs made in China for $1.00 and then sell them for $20.00. Your coffee is horrible. No coffee gourmand would touch it! In fact they make fun of it! So don't act like you're the second coming because you've figured out a way to turn coffee into a huge fad."

I couldn't believe it. Even he show's host was shocked.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Problem is too few people are aware of the $1.00/$20.00 mugs - and most wouldn't care anyway - because they're too impressed with themselves carrying around their status symbols!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I saw those mugs, you can get the same things at the dollarama or anywhere else for at most, 5 dollars.
Ah, but it says 'starbucks' on it, that's worth at least $15.00 alone!

But they sell them for big bucks, because people buy them for big bucks.
Idiots.

PS, happy they lost the case.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Toadmund because: happy

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You were right, I enjoyed that lol. Starred

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Maluhia
reply to post by ColeYounger

Problem is too few people are aware of the $1.00/$20.00 mugs - and most wouldn't care anyway - because they're too impressed with themselves carrying around their status symbols!

hats and shirts too!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Toadmund
I saw those mugs, you can get the same things at the dollarama or anywhere else for at most, 5 dollars.
Ah, but it says 'starbucks' on it, that's worth at least $15.00 alone!

But they sell them for big bucks, because people buy them for big bucks.
Idiots.

PS, happy they lost the case.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Toadmund because: happy

Now you got it Star BUCKS, you have to have music or movie star Bucks to buy their stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join