It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Are you saying you actually KNOW what causes Oil deposits ?

I would say that honestly the real facts concerning that are withheld or UNKNOWN.

Some could be as you say, certainly many things are not known about this issue, at least publicly.

I am STILL waiting for the waters too rise, you know from all the melting ice.

I am still waiting for the CO2 to kill us,

Frankly, the AIR here in North America is SCADS better than it was 20 years ago, waiting for why that is.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't know if global warming is real or not but I do know what I see. I'm a sportsman and a die hard ice fisherman. For the first time in my life I didn't have a ice fishing season 2 years in a row. The past 10 years the ice fishing season has been shorter then it was in the 90's and 80's. We've also been in a drought for snow. The weather has been really weird as of late. It's also been raining more then usual in the spring. May is the best month for walleye the rain has been ruining the spring walleye run. There is something weird going on with the weather.

For people living in the south it's hard for them actually gauge the weather. For me I know when the lakes freeze and thaw.

Heres a picture from last weekend ice fishing.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Humans haven't seen mean temperatures 3.3C higher than what they are today. The current trend-line puts us past that in between 2020-2050. 7C by 2100.

Anyone that is scientific minded (i.e. not a creationist or nihilist vandal) should ask themselves two questions.

1. Is it possible that the Earth's climate could change in a way that would effectively exterminate humans? If you answer no, you are a fool for ignoring evidence to the contrary. Go back to playing Grand Theft Auto. Slap a ho for me.

2. If you answer yes to the above question, go to a preschool and look at the faces of innocence. Then make your best guess at the number of years remaining until things get tragic.

I bet you a carbon credit that at least 75% of you estimate a length of time longer than your remaining years. maybe 50% estimate longer than their kids will live. This is confirmation bias working.

Almost no one will say 10-20 years. These are the hush numbers going around right now amongst climate scientists. There is a growing realization that there are at least 6 self re-inforcing feedback loops in the climate. The largest of which is methane sequestered at the ocean floor. There have been massive methane releases happening for a good 5 years. If you are ignorant on this issue, I urge you to open your mind up for new information. Learn to recognize the manipulative messaging coming from mega corps. It's a self-defense mechanism. Prepare to explain to children how the evidence was literally everywhere and you simply ignored or chose to believe lies and close your mind.

Faux News should have a climate deniers conference in the Netherlands. That would be an excellent backdrop to see what intellectual children they are when viewed next to dedicated scientists.

If the current climate models and the scientific community are overshooting, what is the worst that can happen? If science deniers are wrong we get an ELE. This is why you need to have an open mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Global warming is controversial, no doubt about it.

There are many more dangerous man-made problems that are a bigger threat to humanity than global warming.

Can anyone name the most abundant greenhouse gas in the lower atmosphere(troposphere)?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Al Gore is a junk scientist in the same way Homer Simpson is.

And the research vessel was caught in ice from a collapsed ice shelf (which some argue is a symptom of global warming) which was blown towards them by an unexpected storm.

The story has as much to do with whether AGW is happening as it has to do with whether Father Christmas is real. But the global cooling catastrophists have delighted in spreading their usual disinformation. So I guess it does say something about how ready people are to misled others to get them to accept their religious dogma?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

And YOU want to blame MAN and whatever he did I'm sure!!! OK this is the only thing that is relevant in this thread!!!

THE EARTH HAS NEARLY FROZEN AND WARMED UP TIME AFTER TIME OVER THE CENTURIES.....AAANNNNNNNDDDD
WWWWAAAAIIIIIITTTTT FFFFFFFOOOOORRRRRRR IIIIIITTTT!!

MAN WASN'T THERE!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Actually, I think this situation is more like
Karma biting the religious dogma of the warmists.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

LaElvis
reply to post by wantsome

And YOU want to blame MAN and whatever he did I'm sure!!! OK this is the only thing that is relevant in this thread!!!

THE EARTH HAS NEARLY FROZEN AND WARMED UP TIME AFTER TIME OVER THE CENTURIES.....AAANNNNNNNDDDD
WWWWAAAAIIIIIITTTTT FFFFFFFOOOOORRRRRRR IIIIIITTTT!!

MAN WASN'T THERE!!!!

You do know man was around during the last ice age don't you? The height of the last one was around 20K years ago and mankind was present.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Are you saying his fires in the caves caused Global Warming??? LOL

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Junk science!!! Models that were used in the past are proving to be highly inaccurate and Earth is more likely to stay in a cooling period!!!

notrickszone.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Kali74
Oh yes, it's hilarious when people are in life threatening situations.
Psychopaths.

I am with you, myself righteous friend. These stupid idiots put the rescuers lives at risk.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

That sounds like a three year old trying to be clever.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Didn't al gore made hundred of millions out of the global warming hoax. In fact, he lives in a palace with an electric bill up the ying yang and has his own gas guzzling private jet.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The Earth is going through a cooling phase as part of its normal historical cycle.

Nothing to do with man made CO2 that plants breath. hahaha

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that people proposing that the earth is warming (global warming) are idiots. Especially, when there is so much scientific data, reports, articles, peer reviewed articles in journals, studies and so on and so and so on. You should be skeptical of course, but with so many scientists putting forth that much information you'd be an "idiot" not to at least listen to what they have to say. It's rather insulting to say that if you listen to a scientist you're an idiot. I realize that my belief in Alien contact, and some of the other things I believe might seem to contradict this but...then again I'm not calling those who oppose my views idiots when there is a huge pile of scientific evidence staring at me. Not saying that the OP is wrong, but...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

pikestaff
According to a recent report in climate depot, global sea ice is up 63% last year, another report states that sea ice is at its highest since 1983, actually, there are reports every week about sea ice breaking previous records on climate depot, and twisters in America, tropical storms, ice storms, droughts, floods, you name it, there is a report on it, oh yes, forest fires too.

Again: Summer hot, ice breaks off permanent ice cap, ice inside ocean, ocean cold, winter more ice.

Sea ice is not the same as permanent ice cap.

I'm not sure if that's the point of your post, but I wanted to clarify for the deniers

Cheers

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

jrod

Can anyone name the most abundant greenhouse gas in the lower atmosphere(troposphere)?

Anyone?

If you do not know then you really have no business trying to debate GW.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Water vapor but what is your point?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Finally.

Global warming will not result in a ELE to humans, we have plenty of other ways to cause one. That is my point.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

jrod
reply to post by Kali74

Finally.

Global warming will not result in a ELE to humans, we have plenty of other ways to cause one. That is my point.

It's not a guarded secret for any climate scientist. It's not unknown to anyone that follows climate science. Can you bear out your theory here? How is water vapor being the most abundant GHG mean that other GHG's such as Co2 and methane aren't causing the greenhouse effect and warming the planet to the eventual point of human inhabitability?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join