page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Theeastcoastwest

MountainEnigma
reply to post by Theeastcoastwest

What would be very helpful to know is what area of the country are they for? If we knew where they are being dispersed to, we would know where to move from or where not to relocate to or vacation at.

I agree, but I'm afraid the closest information we have, to my knowledge, regarding that right now is the address listed for delivery on the solicitation for bids. Which is the HHS (headquarters?) building in Maryland.

That would correspond to FEMA region 3

The address listed isn't necessarily the place of delivery. Agencies buy for other governments all the time, it will be the headquarters listed for purchase but you have no idea where it will be sent too.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

NewsWorthy

I have no idea what they usually have on hand... I'd say with the recent steam from Fukushima it's at least bad timing on their part if they don't wanna cause a little panic.
But honestly I think it's just general provisions because anybody that works on a nuclear sub or fighter jet or carrier take potassium iodide pretty regularly from what I understand to protect them from the radiation they are constantly exposed to. So I'd imagine 14 million spread between everybody probably only last a year or 3. JustA guess though, no proof or nothin like that

Nobody working on a nuclear sub or fighter jet or carrier should have to take potassium iodide regularly because nobody should be "constantly exposed to" radiation. If they are, there is a big problem. Each tablet of potassium iodide is good for one adult for 24 hours. So 14 million doses is good for 14 million people for one day, or 7 million people for two days, and so on. Radioactive iodine has a half life of 8 days. So after 8 days half of the original amount would still be there. After 16 days half of that half (1/4th of the original amount) will still be there and so on. Radioactive iodine is a product of a fission event, nuclear bomb or reactor melt down. The purpose of these pills is not to protect from radioactive iodine coming from the ocean from Fukushima. If there was any, it takes too long to get here. If there is ongoing fission from the melted cores, I suppose iodine-131 could arrive here by air. There shouldn't be any worry about radioactive iodine from the spent fuel. I don't think a dirty bomb would have any radioactive iodine. The only thing I could see these pills being needed for are a core meltdown or a nuclear bomb going off somewhere on the planet. If there is ongoing fission of the three melted cores at Fukushima then maybe they are planning on sending people there. I doubt it. My guess is that they expect a nuke to go off somewhere. These pills saturate your thyroid with iodine so that you cannot absorb the radioactive kind and develop thyroid cancer. I suppose you can still get bone cancer from radioactive strontium that mimics calcium, but I think you would have to eat contaminated food. You may be able to protect from this by taking calcium.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

So find out who has recently cornered the market on potasium iodide?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

Star for you. Lots of people think PI is some kind of magic bullet against all radiation. It does basically one job: protects your thyroid against some types of isotopes. It's used because people don't have any natural shielding there.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

violet
reply to post by rickymouse

I was reading about this last night. It said companies are starting to stash this iodine because they know the demand will be high to make money off it.
How true, we did use to have iodine on hand. I don't have any in.

From what I was reading the fear is the radiation from Fukushima reaching our west coast if reactor 4 has a meltdown.

Source
edit on 2-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

Interestingly enough, if you follow the links to the sources article from storyleak, it takes you to an Alex Jone's article which cites it's source as being the source in my original post.

Funny what a small place the world wide web is.

I certainly makes sense though, from a business stand point. There certainly has been lots of radiation talk in the media lately.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

nixie_nox

Theeastcoastwest

MountainEnigma

What would be very helpful to know is what area of the country are they for? If we knew where they are being dispersed to, we would know where to move from or where not to relocate to or vacation at.

I agree, but I'm afraid the closest information we have, to my knowledge, regarding that right now is the address listed for delivery on the solicitation for bids. Which is the HHS (headquarters?) building in Maryland.

That would correspond to FEMA region 3

The address listed isn't necessarily the place of delivery. Agencies buy for other governments all the time, it will be the headquarters listed for purchase but you have no idea where it will be sent too.

From the FBO website, which is found in the first sentence of the source article:

(v) Delivery is required on or before February 1, 2014. Delivery will be made to: DHHS, SSC, Bldg #5 Receiving Dock, PErry Point,MD 21902

I would suggest at least skimming the source article, it does have some valid information, and from what I can tell was the source that every other alternative outlet sourced this info from. Even the conspiracy king himself, Alex Jones, seems to have sourced his article from this one.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Theeastcoastwest because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Theeastcoastwest

[
this article is discussing the recent solicitation by the US Gov't for bids on the FBO website for 700,000 packages of 20 dose courses (14 million individual doses) of Potassium Iodide.

. Should we be worried, or is this most likely standard operating procedure?

the 14 million doses headline is misleading...

the 700,000 20 dose regimen packages is the important number

a 20 day supply would last 700,000 government elites, hid away in the underground bunkers just might be enough for the continuity of government bunkers in both W VA and Colorado...it would likely save 90% of them from radiation sickness for the 20 days of meds

but there are only 60,000 government personnel that have the necessary credentials for entry into these bunkers

so let's figure those 60,000 elites needed the drug for a year --- that would use up 13 each 20 pack prescriptions x 60,000 patients = 780,000 20 day packages of iodine

so ordering 700,000 packages (enough for the bunker protected elites including mostly government elites)
is telling us that the anti-radiation drugs are not for us poor slobs on 0bamacare / ACA
but for the people 'worthy' of continued living in an irradiated landscape

wake up America... read between the lines
edit on rd31138875595303322014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As others have brought up, this does very little to shield you from radiation. No one is going to survive in a bunker eating these and due to the half life of radioactive iodine the would do next to nothing for any radiactive waste washing up on the west coast.

But if you're worried at least make sure you get actual KI tablets and not KIO3. A lot of the "Doomsday pills" as they are marketed are not even the stuff that offers your thyroid the limited protection of eating iodized salt or farm raised fish. KI supplements have their place and its not being taken daily, some people are allergic to iodide and would not even be able to ingest them without consequences. Iodine is good for you in general and it has cancer fighting properties, potassium helps with joint pain and other things, but as anyone who has experience with supplements should know, your body can only absorb so much before it takes excessive measure to get rid of the excess, usually from your rear end so be warned.

To expound:

I can't believe what I'm reading in these reviews. It is true that iodine is the only chemical that provides any protection to the body against radiation. But what is important is how weak and insignificant this protection is. It only protects you against radioactive iodine, which is one of the weakest forms of radiation byproducts from a reactor. It provides absolutely NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER from gamma or beta radiation which is what peels the paint off your house and makes people glow in the dark. The only protection against that is lead, which means a bomb shelter or similarly shielded structure. Let's face it... if you're unlucky enough to be in range if a reactor undergoes an emergency pressure venting, or a warhead detonates in the area and you survive the blast, you've already received a lethal dose of radiation. It may take as long as 72 hours to die from it, but you will die from it as there's no cure. Some of the best examples are the responding firemen at chernobyl and the damage control crew on board the K-19. Those men were walking dead men four seconds after entering the building (or reactor chamber on the sub), but some lasted 3 days before their organs liquefied... particularly the liver, pancreas, and kidneys. It's a horrible way to go but my point is these pills do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to protect you from it. Their only value is they keep your thyroid gland from absorbing radioactive iodine particles which may be present in food or water after a nuclear event. The problem is, radioactive iodine is never present by itself.... it travels with cesium, strontium, and several other nasty radioactive by-products in the form of fallout. This is why the dust cloud from atomic detonations, or radioactive cloud from emergency venting of reactors is so deadly. This fallout dust contaminates food and groundwater in the surrounding area, and no iodine tablet will provide you an ounce of protection against it. The solution? Either spend the rest of your life in a bomb shelter.... or live your life just as you did before you read this, content in the knowledge that such a catastrophe is very unlikely to happen to you, and there's nothing you could do about it if it did anyway

so ordering 700,000 packages (enough for the bunker protected elites including mostly government elites)
is telling us that the anti-radiation drugs are not for us poor slobs on 0bamacare / ACA

Get your Doomsday pills here Note: Don't really buy these*

As you can see this stuff is dirt cheap (right now) and can be synthesized from most table salt and smashed bananas, so I don't think you'll need insurance if it comes down to it. It's not a horrible idea to have some on hand but just make sure you get it from a decent source that actually prints the chemical compound formula on the label and is manufactured in a proper lab, not some ex meth addicts confiscated gear. I stock of about 2 weeks per person should run about 15-20$ each currently.

edit on 3-1-2014 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

St Udio

Theeastcoastwest

[
this article is discussing the recent solicitation by the US Gov't for bids on the FBO website for 700,000 packages of 20 dose courses (14 million individual doses) of Potassium Iodide.

. Should we be worried, or is this most likely standard operating procedure?

the 14 million doses headline is misleading...

the 700,000 20 dose regimen packages is the important number

a 20 day supply would last 700,000 government elites, hid away in the underground bunkers just might be enough for the continuity of government bunkers in both W VA and Colorado...it would likely save 90% of them from radiation sickness for the 20 days of meds

but there are only 60,000 government personnel that have the necessary credentials for entry into these bunkers

so let's figure those 60,000 elites needed the drug for a year --- that would use up 13 each 20 pack prescriptions x 60,000 patients = 780,000 20 day packages of iodine

wake up America... read between the lines
edit on rd31138875595303322014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

It is very interesting that the numbers of individuals with clearance to bunkers is similar to the doses recently ordered.

Could you elaborate upon where you sourced them from?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say, is this:

Is this something which the gov't does periodically?

OR

Is this a totally new thing, which the gov't has never done before??

If this is the case, then the only thing I have to say is, if it is option #2...then we may be on for one hell of a ride!!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Chalk this up as another way the evil elements within our gov. are creating a scarcity of ANYTHING the public would consider a benefit to their personal survival.. no matter how minor that benefit is...

Full Spectrum Dominance...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They want to protect theirs, but no us! Fortunately there is something better they don't want you to know about either. Do get your hands on some natural zeolyte, as it protects your body from radiation better than potassium iodine: Zeolyte

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So should we be expecting radiation poisoning anytime soon, or what? Had a look into zeyolyte, looks interesting. Is Potassium Iodide isolated as a radiation prevention supplement(through thyroid), or is there other applications it can be used for?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I took the pills when the Japan incident, but after taking them for about a year they started to give me side effects like headaches.

So I had to stop them, I guess the government know something that they do not want to share with the common people so I will have to start taking them again.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As always it depends on who or what one may choose to believe......
Feel free to browse this......

guardianlv.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
look in Japan there's a NEWS black out all around the world. None of the NEWS CHANNELS TALK ABOUT IT THE NUCLEAR CRISIS in Japan, Research it on you tube. ... redbuttonstudios on www.youtube.com/redbuttonstudios believe me it's the truth the Japanese Organized Crime is telling the truth here, US Radiation Detectors are all Off in California, could say some thing different but can't research it. ... Assumed names mean a lot.

This is Life
and this is D E A T H
it up to you
edit on 8-1-2014 by ThomYkabal because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join