US Gov't purchasing 14 Million Doses of Potassium Iodide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hopefully I got this in the correct forum, apologies to the mods if I didn't.

HHS Orders 14 Million Doses of Potassium Iodide

So this article is discussing the recent solicitation by the US Gov't for bids on the FBO website for 700,000 packages of 20 dose courses (14 million individual doses) of Potassium Iodide.

I am pretty unfamiliar with standard protocols for stock-on-hand regarding KI the gov't keeps "just in case," so this may not actually be anything too alarming. However the article discusses how the Japanese gov't basically failed to admit anything was wrong with Fukushima until it was too late for many people to get to a safe distance. It then, basically, asks the question: " would our government pull something shady like this too?"

Governments usually respond to disasters very similarly; first move is to avoid panic. The Japanese didn’t want to panic the world, or tarnish their honor and now, as a consequence of their reluctance, Japanese citizens and international aid personal find themselves in a horrible state of being. Panic is usually avoided by keeping their citizens as blind to the truth as possible, until confrontation with the truth becomes inevitable.
The crucial question at this juncture; “would our government be reluctant about warning us of potential disaster, in an attempt to avoid panic?”
14 Million doses of Potassium Iodide say that might just be the case.

Anyway, thought I'd try to get some ATS opinions on the subject. Should we be worried, or is this most likely standard operating procedure?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Theeastcoastwest

I have no idea what they usually have on hand... I'd say with the recent steam from Fukushima it's at least bad timing on their part if they don't wanna cause a little panic.
But honestly I think it's just general provisions because anybody that works on a nuclear sub or fighter jet or carrier take potassium iodide pretty regularly from what I understand to protect them from the radiation they are constantly exposed to. So I'd imagine 14 million spread between everybody probably only last a year or 3. JustA guess though, no proof or nothin like that

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Anyway, thought I'd try to get some ATS opinions on the subject. Should we be worried, or is this most likely standard operating procedure?

yes and yes.

This might get real if anyone gets serious about testing with a mass spectrograph and can measure Cs137 concentration.

The USG would be very stupid not to have seen this coming. They know damn well there are local hot spots in the debris field. This is a civil threat and they are watching this stuff closely. They don't tell anyone what the plan is until they are absolutely nailed.

commence with nailing, ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Between normal stock and for a possible disaster here in America, that is not really too big a quantity. This purchase could be over a period of years also. There are quite a few power plants here in America, something could happen to one near a big city and a lot of Iodine would be needed quickly for the citizens of the city.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yea, there is no radiation coming from japan or anything. Its all a figment of your imaginations.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am going to question your source article, due to many years of dealing with the government procurement process, to ask for that much within a 45-60 day period is far outside of the norm. I am not sure the request isn't valid, but am thinking this is probably a 5 year supply contract.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
if they didn't want to tell people about a impending disaster I don't they would put a notice out asking to fill a order like this on a publicly accessible website... Just being prepared I'd assume

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

SynchronousSnake
if they didn't want to tell people about a impending disaster I don't they would put a notice out asking to fill a order like this on a publicly accessible website... Just being prepared I'd assume

How about plausible deny-ability?

Its on the net...so its a lieeeee.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I checked the FBO website myself, FBO and sure enough, it looks like a rush order.

I mean 14 million doses seems like it would be a very reasonable amount, maybe even not enough for standard stockpiles. It seems suspicious that they would need it so quickly though. I mean, either something has influenced them to get it quickly, or they were being negligent and just realized that have their supply had gone out of date. Either way, questionable.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

rickymouse
Between normal stock and for a possible disaster here in America, that is not really too big a quantity. This purchase could be over a period of years also. There are quite a few power plants here in America, something could happen to one near a big city and a lot of Iodine would be needed quickly for the citizens of the city.

The solicitation specified that it required delivery of the potassium iodide on or before February 1st.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

well until you see another solicitation order for a mass buy of Geiger counters I wouldn't worry

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SynchronousSnake

They are already stocked up on them from the cold war.
Plenty to go around.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Over three hundred million people in the US; who gets the pills?
Bet it's not the 'little people'.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
First of all, don't apologize to the mods... it's their job to keep ATS clean.

Secondly, I was under the impression that the US government has been working closely with the Japanese on this situation (i.e. USS Ronald Reagan). Therefore, you probably won't see one government saying one thing, while the other government says another regarding a particular disaster (until decades later). So, we can say with confidence that if the Japanese government has kept any amount of truth regarding Fukushima from their people, the US government has followed suit.

Besides, as a government, you can't have three-hundred million people demanding that you save their lives. That is the last thing the government wants. They can barely manage the elderly, the unemployed & the veterans.
edit on 0859x6708America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Just to clarify, 700,000 packages of 20 dose courses (14 million individual doses) is enough for 700,000 people (not 14 million). There are 1.4 million people on active duty in the US Military - maybe about half might be put at risk for radiation exposure?

As of 31 January 2013, 1,429,995 people were on active duty in the armed forces,[3] with an additional 850,880 people in the seven reserve components.[4]

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
With everything going on with fukushima and questionable events surrounding it you really have to wonder if that purchase was just because their supplies had gotten low or expired etc i do hope its nothing though!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, I guess I better get some for me and my family just to be on the safe side.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Standard ordering procedure. No worrying necessary. Meds have expiration dates.

I assure you that they will toss out that near-same amount we have now that are expired.

We have to be prepared, and those who haven't a clue about disaster preparedness freak out when they see the numbers.

Multiply that huge amount and then imagine 1,000's of DIFFERENT supplies, meds, food ALSO maintained...and periodically tossed out and replenished.

Sometimes in 1st Response, we talk about how you guys can make us feel. We train-you think we know something. We have logistics movings things to train...must be something up. Order new med supplies, food...even ammo...look out you think something up.

That makes us feel unappreciated (though we don't do this for praise, but because we care about our families and yours). If we weren't prepared with fresh and current supplies and training...you'd be mad at that as well.
What would you have us do?

C'mon. Please MS

EMT/ERT1st Responder Advanced Disaster Life Support
CItizen Corps/FEMA/Homeland Security
Region 2 South
Wayne County, Michigan

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is interesting, Potassium Iodide not only helps stave off radiation poisoning but it also helps rid the body of many of the toxins that they sure love pumping into us, flouride, heavy metals found in some vaccines and the gmo food they got us all eating.

They are a greedy lot though....the more they take out of the hands of the general population, the less there is for said population. I imagine this is not good for the majority, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Radiation from what???
Thats the REAL question .... Fukushima is BETA radiation and doesn't DO anything ... omg
FUKU is a bigger hoax than 911 .... google educateyourself fukushima please and focus on the real agenda - what it's always been ... fear

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join