It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle And Aliens On Parades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It remains such an elusive and evasive phenomena. I remember those crops with the alien head and encircled message. It just seems too good to be true

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

NightFlight
reply to post by samuel1990

I did a search and three pop starts are indicated, Britney Spears, Katy Perry and Lady GaGa. Justin Bieber got honorable mention. Probably someone else.

Wow I didn't know about them.

I was thinking of this one...

Janelle Monáe is a current pop artist whose music, look and everything are inspired by sci-fi in much the same way David Bowie's was in the 70s-80s. As a result she gets compared to Bowie a lot for her aesthetic.

www.theguardian.com...

Janelle Monáe: 'I'm a time traveller. I have been to lots of different places'
She's an android-dating style queen who's been compared to Bowie. Is the R&B singer the saviour of pop?

The last time Janelle Monáe did interviews she generally spoke "in character", from behind sunglasses, and predicted an alien takeover. Today I'm to accompany her to David Bowie is… at the V&A. It's a sign of Monáe's otherness that the closest comparison people could find for her, back in 2010, was one of pop's more astral figures. Like Bowie, Monáe set herself up as a time traveller, with a concept album (The ArchAndroid) and an ever-evolving alter ego (Cindi Mayweather – an alien sent from the future to save mankind in a Fritz Lang-inspired protest movement).

I'm an alien from outer space (outer space)
I'm a cybergirl without a face a heart or a mind
(a product of the man, I'm a product of the man)
Ci ci ci
I'm a Slave Girl without a Race (without of Race)
On the run cause they? hit our ways and chase my kind
They've come to destroy me

And I think to myself
Impossibly (Wait! Its impossible)
They're Gunning for me!
(That they're Gunning For me)
And now the Army's After you
(and now they're After you)

And all the sirens go dooodooo
The sirens go dooodoooodooo
Dooodooooo
Oh baby uh you know the rules
I love you and I won't take no?

They say that Violet Stars will Set you Free (Set you Free)
When your Running Lost and Alone,
(Follow them Down)Up Neon Valley Street
(Up Neon Valley Street)
A pretty day makes a pretty picture
But fall in love and they're coming to get ya
Who knew 10 men with guns were at the door
The DROID CONTROL! (The Droid Control)

Impossibly (Wait! Its impossible)
They're Gunning for me!
(That they're Gunning For me and now there after you)
And now the Army's After you
for Loving too!
(baby I hear the Sirens go Do Doo)

Baby, I hear the sirens go dooodooo
Sirens go dooodoooo
Doooodoooodooooo
Come on Baby 'cause here they're coming now (You know the rules)

[whispering]

Impossibly, there Gunning for Me!
And now The Army's after you! For Loving Too.
Baby, I hear the sirens go dooodooo
Sirens go dooodoooo
Doooodoooodooooo (I said uh baby)
You know the rules

View a sky without any blue.
Breakfast on incandescent, built to chew.
Dream to find another world
Where a cyborg can love and a cyber girl is still a queen.

[Chorus]
Where there's no law,
Tying my heart from the start.
Where there's no war, if my dreams run a little wild,
But if there's no call from joy control
Warning me against this disease in my heart.
Freein' my soul.

Population 10 zillion and six
Where signs say, "Welcome to the Star Core Metropolis."
Me, I live on the wired side of town,
Reaching and searching for a space called paradise found.

[Chorus]
Where there's no law
But if there's no call from joy control
Warning me against this disease in my heart.
Freein' my soul.

And it's a common thought
that wired folk can be sold and bought.
That we have no feelings no memories or minds,
That we're bionic strumpets only worth a dime.
To some it's a surprise when I smile.
And when I hold your hand, they say,
"How can a wired thing understand?
Love is too deep; it's too wide to feel
when your soul is a button
and your foot glows in heels."
Program. Program. Reprogram.
One nation, under a microchip.
Neon slaves, electric savages,
open your hearts. Open your eyes. Your chariot will arrive.

Hey, Anthony Greendown from sector nine. (From sector nine)
With beautiful eyes
I've served you now about thirty-eight times.
Thirty-eight times I've looked in those eyes.
You see me laughing, the love when I hold your hand,
I wanna take you, take you with me to another land.

[Chorus]
Where there's no law
But if there's no call from joy control.
No call.
Please go with me.
Oh come with me.
I need you.
Let's leave. Let's leave.
Come. Come. Come.

edit on 2-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Salinas, California is not far from the SETI Institute. If any aliens made such a crop circle for "First Contact" they're pretty stupid.

Well, have you thought about it deeper than that.

Imagine these restrains are: They are here and so can't act outside low earth orbit (like radio message from space). The message is not directed to anyone in particular and should not be access restricted. The emitter must not be known nor its technology capabilities. To avoid detection it must be sent in less than 12 hours. Energy spent for producing the message must be as low as possible and it should be degradable/temporary with no footprint.

How would you send a message using those requirements ? (I do not believe in alien crop circles, but wouldn't call them stupid, especially for entities that shouldn't conform to our viewpoints and expectations)
edit on 2-1-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Panic2k11

Salinas, California is not far from the SETI Institute. If any aliens made such a crop circle for "First Contact" they're pretty stupid.

Well, have you thought about it deeper than that.

Imagine these restrains are: They are here and so can't act outside low earth orbit (like radio message from space).

Why not? We send messages from low earth orbit all the time. Why couldn't advanced aliens?

The message is not directed to anyone in particular and should not be access restricted.

A message from space, especially from low earth orbit would not be access restricted. Anyone who chose to tune to the right frequency (including a lot of well equipped amateur radio operators) would be able to pick it up.

The emitter must not be known nor its technology capabilities.

Why not? Presumably they are more advanced than us, why the secrecy? What could they possibly be afraid of that stamping a "message" in a bunch of crops seems like a smart way to communicate given the better alternatives they would have ruled out?

To avoid detection it must be sent in less than 12 hours. Energy spent for producing the message must be as low as possible and it should be degradable/temporary with no footprint.

And here is where I call B.S.

It takes far more energy to stamp simple message out in a crop than to send 2 megabytes of data via WIFI.

How would you send a message using those requirements ?

Simple. I'd send a message via a satellite at one of the Lagrange points. They aren't the easiest places for humans to get to and from L5 the energy requirements would still be less than stamping some nonsense puzzle in a field.

(I do not believe in alien crop circles, but wouldn't call them stupid, especially for entities that shouldn't conform to our viewpoints and expectations)

No but if they are intelligent, technologically sophisticated beings more advanced than us (and if they could get here then obviously they would be) then I would think they'd have a better way of making contact than duplicating some guys prank from the 1970s.
edit on 2-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Why not? We send messages from low earth orbit all the time. Why couldn't advanced aliens?

A message from space, especially from low earth orbit would not be access restricted. Anyone who chose to tune to the right frequency (including a lot of well equipped amateur radio operators) would be able to pick it up.

Because it makes many assumptions that we don't know if they are valid. It depends on what you define as advanced itself, all we got it some clues to advanced craft in Earth's atmosphere, beyond that it is speculation. In any case a message from space to be validated must be sent from a considerable distance as to be triangulated by several observatories. Since we have no indication that they use radio we must assume that they use other forms of communication even some that we may not be aware off. There are plenty of reasons why they wouldn't do it in a way conventional to us, in any case it wouldn't be freely accessible to the general population and it would disclosure location.

Why not? Presumably they are more advanced than us, why the secrecy? What could they possibly be afraid of that stamping a "message" in a bunch of crops seems like a smart way to communicate given the better alternatives they would have ruled out?

We don't know why the secrecy we only know that they are secret and avoid direct contact. There is plenty of reasons to be afraid especially if we consider the other factors our best guess that they don't particularly care about interacting openly with human society. We also don't know the intended destination for the crops, since they are often only observable from above we should not assume that they are even intended for humans (or all humans).

I already covered several reasons why they may chose crop circles I asked you viable alternatives considering the characteristics of the method selected, that I presented as restrictions that relate well for what would be some of their requirements.

And here is where I call B.S. It takes far more energy to stamp simple message out in a crop than to send 2 megabytes of data via WIFI.

Again you make several assumptions and considerations that do not apply. Signal encoding especially using human technology would be even more easily falsifiable and would require disclosure of source and target. I think any restriction of energy use would be to avoid detection especially from satellite observation.

Simple. I'd send a message via a satellite at one of the Lagrange points. They aren't the easiest places for humans to get to and from L5 the energy requirements would still be less than stamping some nonsense puzzle in a field.

Beyond some objects flying over Luna I'm not aware of any observation of UFOs outside of Earth (I exclude Mars and Jupiter since the first has very few UFO observations and the second has several good explanations and the UFOs did not demonstrate abnormal physics capabilities). I myself am still in the fence regarding the "close" objects observed during NASA missions on Low Earth Orbit. But I do believe in that "alien" crafts fly/swim on Earth and on an continued "alien" presence.

No but if they are intelligent, technologically sophisticated beings more advanced than us (and if they could get here then obviously they would be) then I would think they'd have a better way of making contact than duplicating some guys prank from the 1970s.

Agree, but as I stated my objection was to the term stupid, I think I presented several constrains that would make in not stupid at all.

Imagine a fifth column that lives infiltrated in human society and wishes to remain unobserved but at the same time needs to communicate (for example among themselves or with observation crafts). Using other methods may make them more vulnerable to discovery (require possession of alien tech. or vulnerable by using human tech., consider what we now know about the NSA for instance), in any case my list of requirements was based on the facts we can extrapolate and useful to consider such method not stupid (after-all I was defending that point).

Can you present any other method that conforms to the requirements ?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I didn't know about Janelle Morales lol! I've heard of her, but didn't know her music.

HOWEVER, I am very familiar with Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. I absolutely loved the song "E.T." when it came out and I was surprised to be honest because it didn't seem like a song Ms. Perry would do. Lady Gaga on the other hand, well there's very little left that she does which is shocking.

Thanks for the information on this artist, I'll be paying more attention to her now. I really enjoy the unique artists.

<< 1   >>

join