It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Hitler's Holocaust - Evil Britain's pet Holocaust is just as horrible !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Stu,

This guy is blowing nonsense to promote his position. He is weak, thinks he has the world by the cajones, little does he know, things here in the USA change so quickly, he could be hurting in a heartbeat.

Regards,

Bubba

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix

BubbaJoe

JohnPhoenix

BubbaJoe

JohnPhoenix

Oh btw, no job, fully retired at 46 with two houses, cars, all paid for, wife, kids, money " in the bank". I can pretty much do whatever I wanna do till I'm 100. Posting on ATS is Great fun so I think I'll keep at it for your enjoyment.

So based on that, you can pretty much piss on people's entire history, compare their government to Nazis, and do whatever the hell else you want. I am pretty sure there are people on this site that can buy and sell you many times over. I would suggest you get out of the whiskey, and truly figure out what is important in life, or none of what you listed will be yours any longer.

You BETCHA BUDDY !

Er.. that was funny because you are one of the ones who still have no clue why I mentioned Hitler or seem to understand what this thread is all about.

LOL I'd like to see someone try.. TRY to buy me off of ATS. Not gonna happen.

I know all about what this thread is about, it is a I got mine, now you get yours thread. OMG the government is going to control us, what the f ever. Rush has been on for 20+ years, and hasn't got me on board, your sorry post isn't going to either.

I am a pretty astute historian, WWII and Hitler are one of my favorite subjects, I will do you the favor of not exposing your little scam on the less well informed, while stroking your ego. While in my mind, I will ignore most of what you post. Karma really is a ruthless individual, reap what you sow.

Yep.. I was right. No clue what this thread is about. You couldn't be more off.

OMFG, if I am that ignorant please explain to me, and please use small words.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'm still not seeing it. I still think those 750,000 pets could have been given better choices. No bullets? The Cash captive bolt pistol comes in either 22 or 25 caliber. Sure many people took the pets to the shelters for this purpose but some still used this gun as that was the guns purpose.

I did read the BBC article and it pretty much confirms exactly what I have been saying. People did have better choices but on a government recommendation thousands of people became stupid enough to murder their pets. The article basically says this same thing. Lots of people felt this was a tragedy and the wrong direction to go.. according to your article.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix

Doesn't anyone have good reading comprehension skills these days.. i never implied killing animals were worse than killing humans - everyone here is missing the point. It was Never about Humans vs Amimals !

I would say it's less of an issue about people's reading comprehension skills and more about your skills in expressing yourself...that coupled with keep redefining what exactly the point is you are trying to make.

You quoted "those British" as being just as evil as Hitler.....hence the obvious comparison's people have been making between human vs animal life and the huge gulf between the circumstances and motives.

I see no problem with the subject you brought up being discussed and I indeed have a certain amount of symphony with the subject matter. I even think it is valid to discuss if such drastic measures were really needed....

But with the way in which you presented this discussion including the title itself ...you just failed big time.
That was either an oversight on your part, or maybe the plan all along.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I know, I said as much myself when I linked the article. Not entirely sure what your point is?

This was just pre-emptive advice and, as it turned out, bang on the money. Those pets that were "murdered" in Sept 1939 would have been dead either from starvation or bombing in 1940.

Do you even realise just how little people had to eat with rationing in effect? There would have been NO spare meat for your cat or dog once it kicked in.

Personally, it just seems to me like another arrogant, holier than though Yank spouting off about something he has no understanding of in the slightest...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Indeed - had he gone about this in another manner - maybe "Was it right to euthanise Pets in WW2?", then he would have had a perfectly civil discussion about, although I suspect my and others opinions here would remain unchanged.

His direct attack on the UK and comparison with Hitler himself was his mistake.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix
reply to post by stumason

I'm still not seeing it. I still think those 750,000 pets could have been given better choices. No bullets? The Cash captive bolt pistol comes in either 22 or 25 caliber. Sure many people took the pets to the shelters for this purpose but some still used this gun as that was the guns purpose.

I did read the BBC article and it pretty much confirms exactly what I have been saying. People did have better choices but on a government recommendation thousands of people became stupid enough to murder their pets. The article basically says this same thing. Lots of people felt this was a tragedy and the wrong direction to go.. according to your article.

Seriously, we have far more serious problems in today's world, not 60 or 70 years ago, what is your point? You compared the Britons to the Nazis, at some point in this argument there has to be a point. You have told all of us that we are idiots for not seeing the point, so be a good teacher and show us the f'ng point.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Logos23

Indeed - had he gone about this in another manner - maybe "Was it right to euthanise Pets in WW2?", then he would have had a perfectly civil discussion about, although I suspect my and others opinions here would remain unchanged.

His direct attack on the UK and comparison with Hitler himself was his mistake.

Perhaps he has a euthanized dog in world war II, and can't get over it, or perhaps he likes to find subjects to compare people to Nazis, or perhaps he has so much time on his hands, that dismaying the British is the "pet" project at the moment. Whatever the case, I will probably be off his string due to coming close to the truth, and I don't know him, but feel sorry for his wife, just saying. Let's face it, if putting humanity's violence out there in our face is the objective, then he should have taken lessons from Kubrick, at least that man was effective, but paid a great price for it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Wow John trying to bash us Brits again by saying we were as bad as Hitler by putting down the pets we could not have looked after......
Sorry dude but you have just shown your true colours.....
At least us Brits stood up to the nazi's a whole three years before your lot decided to fight the evil twits.
edit on 2-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

How could we have fed them? Rationing gave a person 8oz of ham or bacon, a pound of meat and one egg a week. I bet you could eat that in one sitting.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Bloody idiot never been far from food that is shop-able at less than a mile from home.....

Given the time i would rather fed my family than a fekin dog..in fact my dog ( other than a dog liver as its deadly to eat) would of been on the menu..... in fact the only dog not looked upon as food would of been my sheep dogs who would of rounded up my food for me .....

what silly world do you live in..ooh i know still within two meals of anarchy and starvation..... then when hungry look at a dog as a pet and not as a food....

silly silly person

Weavs

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I like animals, and I care about my dog and cat- I wouldn't kill them to survive, in fact killing them might backfire. An animals sense of smell to locate food is far superior to any of our food hunting senses.
Part of me thinks animals are only human like, so it isn't murder. But part of me really loves and respects my dog, and agrees in a very small amount that it is in some very small way murder- but hardly as significant as murdering humans by the millions.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
John Phoenix........ha ha

I know this will cost me ATS points and a reprimand........ I get them so often for not 'agreeing' with our American site administrators....... BUT....... So be it....

snip

The British as bad as Hitler.....?

Visit S Korea (your current allies) who like nothing better than noshing down a Pet curry or two.

The Japanese who will eat anything with a pulse and the Chinese who will eat anything ....period...!

I'm guessing Mr Phoenix that you weren't around in 1939 and so cannot really understand the world then as compared to the comfortable sanitised world you live in now........ If you are old enough then apologies however it would appear that [snip] has affected you...

Good day sir

regards

PDUK

edit on 2-1-2014 by Kandinsky because: Keeping someone out of trouble

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

nixie_nox
P.S. Here is a little reality check. 56% of dogs and 71% of cats that enter shelters, get euthanized.

Almost 4 million animals are put down in the US each year.

And we have the money and the needs to take care of them, but we don't. At least the Briish had a good excuse during WWII.

The holocaust is going on now, and for no good reason.

Worry about the problem now, of the millions of animals euthanized each year due to negligence, and the 25 million animals that are homeless and suffering NOW.

Fantastic info Nixie Nox and so very True in many countries today....

Makes OP's point and thread look rather stupid.

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Why are people trying to debate with someone who's opening argument includes this phrase? This is the level you're dealing with folks.

JohnPhoenix

To me, any human who would kill their pet in such manner is equal to Hitler !

There's no point. It's flogging a dead horse (which even mentioning probably equates me with Goebbels or something).

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Maybe instead of bashing something that happened 75 years ago just before the Battle of Britain & during years of food rationing, the OP can do something useful to this era, like being the monkey on PETA's murderous back for killing the vast majority of animals that that animal loving organization of douchebags tries to avoid the discussion of.

You want to holler about an animal Holocaust, OP? PETA. Hands down. They make less of an effort to save their animals than shelters do.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix

BubbaJoe

JohnPhoenix

BubbaJoe

JohnPhoenix

Oh btw, no job, fully retired at 46 with two houses, cars, all paid for, wife, kids, money " in the bank". I can pretty much do whatever I wanna do till I'm 100. Posting on ATS is Great fun so I think I'll keep at it for your enjoyment.

So based on that, you can pretty much piss on people's entire history, compare their government to Nazis, and do whatever the hell else you want. I am pretty sure there are people on this site that can buy and sell you many times over. I would suggest you get out of the whiskey, and truly figure out what is important in life, or none of what you listed will be yours any longer.

You BETCHA BUDDY !

Er.. that was funny because you are one of the ones who still have no clue why I mentioned Hitler or seem to understand what this thread is all about.

LOL I'd like to see someone try.. TRY to buy me off of ATS. Not gonna happen.

I know all about what this thread is about, it is a I got mine, now you get yours thread. OMG the government is going to control us, what the f ever. Rush has been on for 20+ years, and hasn't got me on board, your sorry post isn't going to either.

I am a pretty astute historian, WWII and Hitler are one of my favorite subjects, I will do you the favor of not exposing your little scam on the less well informed, while stroking your ego. While in my mind, I will ignore most of what you post. Karma really is a ruthless individual, reap what you sow.

Yep.. I was right. No clue what this thread is about. You couldn't be more off.

Interesting to s see you are located in New Orleans.

City over run with wild dogs

www.theatlantic.com...

New Orleans left to rot

www.theguardian.com...

www.reuters.com...

If you are upset about something, i would try starting nearer to home

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I would mention something I learned from my Grandmother which was that they nearly starved during the First World War and so, although I hate to think about it, that advice concerning food for ones pets, was learned the hard way from WW1.

What today is a horrible idea though fades when one looks at parts of the world where war is sporadic etc because you can't relate a country at peace with a war zone ever and especially the suffering endured.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Or we could just forget Hitler and discuss Stalin's 20+year holocaust against his own nation.

Ill probably catch some heat for this one, but I've actually grown to accept Hitler's humanity. He was a man just like the rest of us, not a monster, if anything, he was a monster to himself.

All souls need redemption.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You're insane if you think killing pet animals to save Human beings from starving to death is anywhere remotely near to a regime murdering millions of Humans beings.

The Government had a valid point...pets are a luxury in wartime. Their food had to come from somewhere, and that would have meant the already meagre rations the people had would have been even less...sorry pal...the British WW2 government did the right thing...in fact, most would have probably butchered the pets and ate them....if it was down to a pet or my kids, the pet would get the chop and be cooked.

You are obviously one of those who think a cat or dog is worth more than a child, so i doubt you'd agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join