It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Immediately Drug & Alcohol Test Congressmen and Senators...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My heart goes out to your wife...Nobody should be treated like that.

You are correct. You better follow their rules to the tee.

I know some people abuse. It's like that since we have had narcotics.

I can only hope these bean counters, Someday have their own beans counted....

Paging Dr. Karma

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i admit i have not read through the comments but OBAMACARE is NOT the reason pain patients are being drug tested!!!! that has been going on for a while now and it's due to the rampant misuse of pain meds. people are faking their pain just to get the meds. Rx drug usage is at an all time high and it's all pain meds. you have to take a drug test to make sure that you are actually taking the pain med (and not selling it) and to make sure you aren't taking too much. docs are trying to cover their asses. has NOTHING to do with "obamacare".

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

whyamIhere

StratosFear

whyamIhere
They charged me $616.00 for violating my Rights.

None of those cowards could pass a test.

They are praying on the weak now.

How much longer until that cup is placed in front of you?

Do NOT pay it.

They now must have a listed pharmacy. All pharmacies are on the same system.

If you get a prescibtion from another Doctor, your Doc has a record of it.

Even if you have medication left from earlier years you can't take them.

The Government did not sneak into my Doctors office. They kicked the door down.

It's not just yours, so don't feel alone on this. The B.S. and draconian nonsense started in my Wife's hospital network last Jan. and it's just like you said. They WILL count every last pill. They WILL compare that to the toxicology panel test as well as testing how much you have in your system.

My wife thought she was doing well..She THOUGHT she had something to be proud of... She wasn't using all of the pain killers she'd been kept on for years. She really was happy with herself..and had no clue WHY they were testing blood load of pain meds ....

Having less than she was supposed to worked against her and had her classified as a possible abuser (dealer, instead of personal abuser). It didn't matter a damn that every last pill was accounted for and she really was just ahead of her pain meds because she didn't WANT to be zoned out all the time ....she also didn't want to be in 24/7 non-stop pain to the day she dies.

due to her moderation in use? She was cut cold turkey, told to call back in 30 days and wished well for the experience. ......

So careful out there and follow their instructions TO....THE....LETTER..because there aren't intelligent human beings evaluating a damn thing. There are computers evaluating the check boxes of a Doctor supplied form, indicating such things as useage and count vs. what's expected.

Not a lot of room to explain why or how.

Do they not realize how dangerous cutting people off of their meds are?!? Especially pain meds! People die and/or go through hell from withdrawals!

Who the hell are they to determine how you should take your meds(Especially pain meds)!? You go to the doctor for help, not to get screwed or possibly labeled as a drug dealer or an addict.

I can't wait until someone dies from this bull and the lawsuits start streaming in.

Kudo's to your wife for trying to minimize her dependence of said drugs...I truly hope they come to their senses soon. I also hope your wife has enough meds squirreled away to keep her comfortable for the next 30 days.

Anyways, call me when the revolution starts. I'll be waiting...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is an article from back in November, a new Congressmen from Florida was busted for coc aine:
news.yahoo.com... aine-possession-charge-081914978--politics.html

I think most of our law makers use illegal drugs, this guy made a rookie mistake. All the veteran lawmakers just have better sources for their drugs.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've been a proponent of drug testing for police, city administrators and all publicly elected officials. In many towns, these are the people pushing for more drug/alcohol testing in schools and on jobs.

Members of congress are probably worst violators, since they have lots of money and consider themselves above the law--these people should also be subject to routine cavity searches--just like cops have been doing to citizens pulled over for routine traffic violations.

If the tests are dirty, cops/politicians/city admins should be immediately impeached, fined and sent to extensive recovery programs at their own cost.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

pasiphae
i admit i have not read through the comments but OBAMACARE is NOT the reason pain patients are being drug tested!!!! that has been going on for a while now and it's due to the rampant misuse of pain meds. people are faking their pain just to get the meds. Rx drug usage is at an all time high and it's all pain meds. you have to take a drug test to make sure that you are actually taking the pain med (and not selling it) and to make sure you aren't taking too much. docs are trying to cover their asses. has NOTHING to do with "obamacare".

My Doctor told me it was specifically because of the President's Healthcare Scam.

No offense but I am taking his word for it. Yes abuse is rampant.

That is not the fault of real Chronic Pain Patients.

Whether or not it is true that is the perception.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This is a clear trampling of our 4th Amendment Rights.
reply to post by whyamIhere

What 4th ammendment rights? You lost those a while back...nobody seemed to care. In fact, most of the US Constitution is either dead or under serious threat. What is it going to take for Americans to stand up to their criminal gov?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Just like with digital piracy online, there will always be a way to "beat the system" and cheat on a drug test. As the tests get more sophisticated, people will just invent new ways to pass them.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

pasiphae

Long time lurker rarely poster here.

I've been a chronic pain patient for about a decade. They have been testing me the entire time I have been part of the pain mgmt. program. Usually once twice a year. I was told that because of the new laws that I could be tested more. I do have to see my Dr. more often than I used to because of the new laws. They also added tobacco abuse to the list of things to be tested for...not sure what the deal is there but it's on the print out that the Dr. shows me.

The main problem does lie in massive Rx abuse. People are rather talking too many or selling them off in a lot of cases. Because of that the feds have dumped a huge pile of red tape in the lap of any Dr. that deals with pain mgmt. Pain mgmt. Drs have to deal wit ha lot of stuff your average family Dr does not. This is why many times they refer you to a pain clinic rather than deal wit hall the extra crap the clinics have to deal with. I'm one of the lucky ones in that my family Dr also does pain mgmt. so I didn't have to have another one to go to.

I like many thought a lot of the talk from the medical community dealing with the new law(s) was about half BS. But looking around on my own as well as the paperwork my Dr gives or shows me sums it up pretty simply. The new health laws are adding even more red tape by the boat load and that includes more drug testing. I did get bills for the tests at first but said flat out that I would not pay them. Called the testing places and said I don't care what they say I didn't not require or ask for the tests so I will not pay for them. Bills have stopped coming so I guess it got sorted out some other way. The last test they got their ...Sample..At the Drs office. So maybe they are dealing wit hit in house but I am still not getting billed.

According to my Dr as more of the stuff goes into effect more BS will there for us to deal with. Stay tuned I guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Don't vote for any of them. It's cheaper then testing them.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Well the bedside manner of Nurse Ratchet came from a new Doctor assigned to her within the 'group unit', for how one of the two big hospitals here does it. This doctor, who didn't even give advice for ways to ease the break from the prescribed and perfectly legal pain meds...had been a U.S. Navy Doctor and apparently worked some sort of shipboard medical support for the recent wars.

She was quick to say my wife should just learn to deal with the pain of neuropathy and nothing can be done, sorry. She had seen much worse, she explained, and this was not enough to her thinking. In almost those words, too.

Quality of life seems to have become a distinctly lower priority in the big picture. starting last Jan or so.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Great post!
I UA'd for 17 years as a CDL holder; an excellent application of testing laws.
I would agree that our lawmakers at the highest levels, congress, POTUS, SCOTUS, should all test regularly. Their responsibility would be the same as a truck driver, school bus driver, heavy machine operator...other people's safety is dependent on their ability to make clear decisions whilst on the job.
The other thing that I keep reminding myself is that laws, rules, regulations and policies are set for those that follow the laws and not necessarily for those that make the laws.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I agree, they are government employees and they should be drug and nicotine tested for pre-employment purposes. Even Walmart employees have to drug test and many hospital employees have to submit to a nicotine test now. It makes me upset and angry because your personal life outside of your employment should be just that, personal. Then you have states like Florida that I believe require public assistance participants submit to drug testing and it all makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I seem to be in the minority here in that I'm somewhat ok with drug testing in certain positions. It's too easy for users to beat the system though which makes the whole thing rather pointless.

The only other thing I'm going to say about this, is that have you ever noticed that those who decry homosexuality typically have hidden homosexual thoughts or are flat out gay? Those who make a big deal out of finding pedo's tend to go down as pedo's, and so on.

Think about this the next time some elected official gets on their soapbox about needing to go after all the drug users. Statistically they're much more likely than average to be a drug user.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Or maybe its their way to get rid of us. How many of us can afford to pay that each time we have to have the drug test? For people suffering chronic pain those meds are what keep them alive. No test, No drugs, and then its lights out, good night.

The drug testing is necessary to make sure that people are not selling the script but, not every time that you go in for a checkup, which most times is every month.

edit on 3-1-2014 by katou1957 because: addressed testing neccessity

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Sources??????

Not a one poster has asked for the source of the OP's 'facts'?
edit on 4-1-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The better approach would be to simply legalize all drugs and disband the Nazi DEA and substantially cut the other law enforcement agencies. Make the fat, lazy pigs do real work and stop legislating what a person can do with their own bodies.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I would also test these inept idiots DNA also. I would bet 50% or more would be not from this earth.( not that they themselves are from off planet but that some of their DNA is from off planet) Something is wrong with these people. They have no soul nor spirit and care for no-one, not even their so-called family's. don't people realize that these black opts are at least 100+ yrs ahead of us in all fields.... Thanks for post...
edit on 14-1-2014 by Caji316 because: added a statement

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We should get an Iranian Doctor to check them out.

I have suspected our leaders were "Tall White Aliens" for quite some time.

👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽

Or just big steaming piles of

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join