It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Immediately Drug & Alcohol Test Congressmen and Senators...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I completely 100 % concur.

No argument out of me on this AT ALL!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Now its time to get rid of all drug testing. Its unconstitutional and goes against a free republic. It will remain the law till we the people stand up and make it a campaign issue. The time to sand up is now

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You a Congressmen or a Senator?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

LDragonFire
Now its time to get rid of all drug testing. Its unconstitutional and goes against a free republic. It will remain the law till we the people stand up and make it a campaign issue. The time to sand up is now

You are absolutely correct.

The whole idea of turning your doctor into a Police Agency.

Also, urinating in a cup is just nasty and degrading.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

whyamIhere
I have never had to take a Drug Test in my Life.

Recently, the new Obamacare Law requires Drug Testing of Chronic Pain Patients.

The not only test for illegal drugs that you might of consumed in the prior month.

They are testing to make sure the prescribed drugs are in your system.

Recently some Congressman have been passing laws to test Welfare Recipients.

Really? This is the worst kind of Nanny State Big Government Overreach.

Welfare recipients receive very little in the big picture.

Congressman handle our money. The make laws that can ruin lives.

This is a clear violation of my rights as well as my Doctors rights.

After they illegally search my urine...They send me the Bill. WTF?

It's time to immediately Drug Test our Congressmen and Senators.

Then we can move on to our Steroid pumped bald behemoth Law Enforcement.

This is a clear trampling of our 4th Amendment Rights.

You've got my vote.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

ImaFungi
reply to post by whyamIhere

If people propose in rage to drug test welfare recipients, it seems quite an obvious priority to make sure our supreme elected leaders, the best among us, are tested as well.

"First" among us perhaps, but NOT "best."

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Wow thanks for bringing this to our attention!
I've never been able to stomach pain medicine so this isn't gonna affect me, but it certainly brings lots of questions to mind.
Like, what kind of penalties are involved?
How often are you gonna be tested?
Are they gonna make you bring your pills with you every time you get tested, so they can count them?
What about false positives and negatives, how are they going to handle those?
If I'm injured in an accident, am I gonna have to submit to a drug test in order to receive pain medication?
What if I test positive for THC? Do I just get denied medication, or am I reported to the police as well?

I could go on and on... this is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Bone75
Wow thanks for bringing this to our attention!
I've never been able to stomach pain medicine so this isn't gonna affect me, but it certainly brings lots of questions to mind.
Like, what kind of penalties are involved?
How often are you gonna be tested?
Are they gonna make you bring your pills with you every time you get tested, so they can count them?
What about false positives and negatives, how are they going to handle those?
If I'm injured in an accident, am I gonna have to submit to a drug test in order to receive pain medication?
What if I test positive for THC? Do I just get denied medication, or am I reported to the police as well?

I could go on and on... this is ridiculous.

They will withhold meds for illegal substances.

Must be tested at least twice a year.

I was told to bring my meds once so they could bean count.

My Doctor quit testing for THC....But you must produce a valid card for your State.

If you live somewhere where THC is still a class 1.....You are just out of luck.

Also, better hope there is no false positive.

The Government is holding out a cup...For everyone except themselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Forget drug testing, what these people need is a competency test. They should have to prove their competency by a public means test, as well as provide evidence of all their financial transactions.

And if that were to happen it would clean out congress quicker than any drug scandal would.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

whyamIhere
They charged me $616.00 for violating my Rights.

When I was driving HGV's (uk) I had to do a pee test every 5 years, when I had my last one I found out it also included drugs, total cost was £40, and I thought that was a bit steep! but you had to pay $616 !! WOW!!!!

I agree with others in this thread, those who run our countries should be tested for alcohol every day, same test as a driver has to take, and same punishment too, and if they test positive they get banned from that job for a year.
edit on 2-1-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
They test athletes. Why not test those that actually govern our lives? You know these people have to be on drugs, to make the stupid decisions they make!

Exhibit A
Marion Barry

Barry came to national prominence as mayor of the national capital, the first prominent civil-rights activist to become chief executive of a major American city he gave the presidential nomination speech for Jesse Jackson at the 1984 Democratic National Convention. His celebrity transformed into international notoriety in January 1990, when Barry was videotaped smoking crack coc aine and arrested by FBI officials on drug charges. The arrest and subsequent trial precluded Barry seeking re-election, and Barry served six months in a federal prison. After his release, however, he was elected to the DC city council in 1992 and ultimately returned to the mayoralty in 1994, serving from 1995 to 1999.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

WonderBoi
They test athletes. Why not test those that actually govern our lives? You know these people have to be on drugs, to make the stupid decisions they make!

Exhibit A
Marion Barry

Barry came to national prominence as mayor of the national capital, the first prominent civil-rights activist to become chief executive of a major American city he gave the presidential nomination speech for Jesse Jackson at the 1984 Democratic National Convention. His celebrity transformed into international notoriety in January 1990, when Barry was videotaped smoking crack coc aine and arrested by FBI officials on drug charges. The arrest and subsequent trial precluded Barry seeking re-election, and Barry served six months in a federal prison. After his release, however, he was elected to the DC city council in 1992 and ultimately returned to the mayoralty in 1994, serving from 1995 to 1999.

he was a democrat, right?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

whyamIhere

None of those cowards could pass a test.

They are praying on the weak now.

How much longer until that cup is placed in front of you?

Do NOT pay it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I agree , but want to take these tests to a whole other level. Everyone should be tested, every month ! Those that test drug free should be sent to a psychiatrist to determine why they don't need something to be dependent on....why, it's just unnatural to not need pharmaceuticals in this day and age !!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

StratosFear

whyamIhere

Do NOT pay it.

They now must have a listed pharmacy. All pharmacies are on the same system.

If you get a prescibtion from another Doctor, your Doc has a record of it.

Even if you have medication left from earlier years you can't take them.

The Government did not sneak into my Doctors office. They kicked the door down.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh I so agree! There has to be a root to the psychotic behavior in US congress. I've been sayin' it for years-that US congress should be drug tested. I also think that teachers should be drug tested too. When it was mentioned, teachers marched on the capitol; and refused very furiously. I didn't understand why. They are around kids and should be monitored. Why're they so against it? Are they hiding something?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

whyamIhere

StratosFear

whyamIhere

Do NOT pay it.

They now must have a listed pharmacy. All pharmacies are on the same system.

If you get a prescibtion from another Doctor, your Doc has a record of it.

Even if you have medication left from earlier years you can't take them.

The Government did not sneak into my Doctors office. They kicked the door down.

It's not just yours, so don't feel alone on this. The B.S. and draconian nonsense started in my Wife's hospital network last Jan. and it's just like you said. They WILL count every last pill. They WILL compare that to the toxicology panel test as well as testing how much you have in your system.

My wife thought she was doing well..She THOUGHT she had something to be proud of... She wasn't using all of the pain killers she'd been kept on for years. She really was happy with herself..and had no clue WHY they were testing blood load of pain meds ....

Having less than she was supposed to worked against her and had her classified as a possible abuser (dealer, instead of personal abuser). It didn't matter a damn that every last pill was accounted for and she really was just ahead of her pain meds because she didn't WANT to be zoned out all the time ....she also didn't want to be in 24/7 non-stop pain to the day she dies.

due to her moderation in use? She was cut cold turkey, told to call back in 30 days and wished well for the experience. ......

So careful out there and follow their instructions TO....THE....LETTER..because there aren't intelligent human beings evaluating a damn thing. There are computers evaluating the check boxes of a Doctor supplied form, indicating such things as useage and count vs. what's expected.

Not a lot of room to explain why or how.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Drug testing?

It's time for elected officials to submit to personality inventories so we can weed out all them (horray for me- you can piss-off) sociopathic career types.

How many unconscionable laws has congress passed?
How long has DC been in the business?

These people are not the OFF-PLanet redeemers we pay them to be, or are they?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Cops should be drug tested weekly and alcohol tested daily!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is important for the constituency to know that the legislators who represent them are not legislating while under the influence. The stupid laws being passed make a good case that quite a few of them are indeed quite impaired while legislating.

A better result will be gotten by REMOVING ALL DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS FROM OFFICE AND NEVER VOTING FOR THEM AGAIN. I do not understand people who cling blindly to party loyalty and insist it is THE OTHER PARTY WHO IS MONKEYING UP THE SYSTEM! Democrats and Republicans do not represent the people in their Congressional districts as they are supposed to. They represent those who give them money and favors.

When you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you have always gotten as a result.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join