It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Noory blacklists Art Bells Dark Matter guests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Recently Art Bell had a show called Dark Matter, some of Art Bells guests were canceled on Coast to Coast with George Noory because they appeared on Art Bell's show. George, Coast to Coasts best shows were done by Art Bell. I found you very boring and glad to hear Art Bell again, I hope he comes back. I am no longer listening to your show, you are ungreatful for Art Bell putting you on the map. If it wasn't for his show that you took over, you would be nothing. George take some vitamins you look pale or is it the make-up?

Let's get Art Bell back on the radio!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

I would love Art to come back, I always felt that he was all about having a good conversation on-air. The Noory years frequently feel like a long drawn out advertisement for his sponsor(s).

The preceeding is just an opinion...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nory has become unlistenable to me. So much love and light mumbo jumbo. It's too campy.

I still like Wells and Knapp. I've moved over to listening to ground zero with Clyde Lewis.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thank God George blacklisted those guests! Now he has more airtime for his new age hippie guests to come on and talk about stuff that the core audience of C2C couldn't care less about.

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

maxzen2004
Recently Art Bell had a show called Dark Matter, some of Art Bells guests were canceled on Coast to Coast with George Noory because they appeared on Art Bell's show. George, Coast to Coasts best shows were done by Art Bell. I found you very boring and glad to hear Art Bell again, I hope he comes back. I am no longer listening to your show, you are ungreatful for Art Bell putting you on the map. If it wasn't for his show that you took over, you would be nothing. George take some vitamins you look pale or is it the make-up?

I get the feeling you don't like Noory then?

Anyway, is there a link to George Knapp, he seems a straightforward type, and not sensationalist.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

maxzen2004

Art Bell will not be returning to radio due to a non-compete clause in his contract with SiriusXM. After a drawn-out #freeart campaign on social media directed at SXM, their legal counsel refused, and is holding Mr. Bell to the contract.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I prefer Darkness Radio with Dave Schrader. Good guests, little bit of humor, and a healthy bit of skepticism. You can download their shows for free.

Darkness Radio

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
By 2008, I was absolutely DONE with Mr Noory. The Nighthawk has changed in a negative way since then.

Art Bell is the BABE RUTH of C2C, and George would have remained in unheard of had it not been for Art Bell.

It stinks, because I liked George from 2005-2007 ish. Then either his head grew too big, or I finally was over it with him, either way, John Wells is better now.

UNREAL that Noory would act in this manner. And he DOES have the clout to change things if he isn't behind it.

Give me 1995 and Art Bell. thank you very much! Noory could NEVER top that point on c2c history.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Perhaps if we emailed C2Cs sponsers we could make Noorey go away. I refuse to buy anything advertised on C2C as long as GN is the host.

George N has turned C2C into a parody of what it once was.
edit on 1-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RidgeWalker

Thanks, the campaign is not dead. I did like George until the low blow.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think Art Bell believed in a lot of what he covered for topics, and when he didn't buy it personally? He was skilled and professional enough for it to never show that anyone could be sure of.

George Noory could just as easily be hosting a news show, entertainment format or perhaps even a geezer shock jock type segment for all he'd change enthusiasm.

I never got the impression Noory believed half of it and he doesn't have the natural talent to put on a good credible show, despite that. Thats my opinion for the biggest difference.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Art Bell is the absolute master at the paranormal radio genre, especially during interviews. He has the knack for saying what the audience is thinking. However, if you look at his history, sadly, he also has a habit of quitting when things don't go the way he thinks they should.

My opinion.

Ian P and Knapp were/are far better hosts than Noory.

I'd love to see Art Bell back on terrestial radio, but I don't see it happening for nearly two years, and by that point he'll be nearly 70 (I think...).

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow, I thought is was just me. I find myself avoiding the show when George Noory is hosting and looking forward to shows with the other hosts. What bothers me about George is that he usually responds to his guests with generic responses in a tone that suggests that he wasn't even paying attention to them. He also often takes the opportunity to rally the listeners with sensational comments His flagship one that he always uses is "There's something going on isn't there? I don't know what it is but everybody is feeling it!"

Anyway, I just don't sense any sincerity from him anymore like I do from the other hosts.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Thanks, I will check it out.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Mr Headshot
Nory has become unlistenable to me. So much love and light mumbo jumbo. It's too campy.

I still like Wells and Knapp. I've moved over to listening to ground zero with Clyde Lewis.

I've been listening to Clyde Lewis going on 20 years now. The only times I ever listened to Art Bell or George Noory were the times when Ground Zero was off the air.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

gravitationalethics

Mr Headshot

I've been listening to Clyde Lewis going on 20 years now. The only times I ever listened to Art Bell or George Noory were the times when Ground Zero was off the air.

CL recently came onto the air in my area. He is definitely interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

Egads, what a thread to begin the new year!
Do you have a link where George "blackballed" Art's guests,OP? Or is that some conclusion you've arrived at through your own negative thinking?

I don't have an axe to grind, as I like both as well as others from other programs too. George is quite respectful of Art according to all I've heard him say. Aside from possible legal reasons involving Sirius, I find it quite normal and desirable that each professional has his own preferred contacts. It's not only respectful, it's to be expected that after so many years on air each one has developed his own contact list.

One radio personality's style is quite different from another, and while our taste in styles usually differ, our own taste in programs evolve too. I feel it's okay to discuss program styles, and to prefer one over the other, but defamation of individuals is not the same barrel of fish.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I liked art... but felt it was like George Noorey. as stated by George was entertainment value. Yes I heard George repeat in question form what the guest just said..and was unprofessional. But George has built a profit making business of it.

I prefer George Knapp. The guy was first a reporter and journalist. And is straight forward as suggested by another poster.

When John B. Wells took over on weekends after I. Punnit. I thought here is a guy so in love with his deep voice...he can't end a statement before the commercial cuts in. But john got it together in a month. Now I look forward to the weekends on C2C.

Bell had the good calls...from some pilot flying over area 51 with sirens going off in the background...to a anxiety filled caller getting the show knocked off the air....

It's radio entertainment in the end. Take it or leave it. As for Noorey black listing guest.... I'm still looking for links or proof. In fact Schrader was a replacement host over the holiday while George was away...

Ever notice how C2C said the gov is racking up a list of PREPPERS.... then the next commercial on the show was for freeze dried food...or some special Venus fruit fly cancer reducer brain supplement that only. Ronald Reagan could obtain?

Art or George....it's still H.G. Wells war of the world.
So sit back and enjoy the stories.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I liked both, but Art was way better IMO.

Now if you want to throw John B. Wells into the mix... I would have to take him. His voice makes me melt into puddles when I listen to him on the radio. Is he any good? I am not sure, as I can't get beyond the sheer sexiness that rides on top of that baritone voice.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I was listening to one of the Dark Matter shows on you tube when Art asked his guests what happened with appearence on Coast to Coast. They were suppose to be on a month after being on Dark Matter and got a call from Coast to Coast producer saying that since you are on dark matter they're appearence was canceled. These were two ladies and I think they talked about witchcraft. The producer from Coast to Coast told them cancel their appearence on Dark Matter or they could not be invited again. Art Bell did mention this a few times, I understand it's all entertainment. Like mentioned, I consider Art Bell the Johnny Carson of late night radio. There will never be another and to hear him again was great!

What George Noory did was a move to protect his show since it's obvious not many people like George.

I do like Knapp and another DJ, I hope Art Bell reads thr threads to see he is not forgotten.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join