It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

that rock reminded me of the eraserhead baby again

funBox

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

that rock reminded me of the eraserhead baby again

Ewie sometimes I hate your blowups! No longer looks all shiny like in my magnifying glass !

i still feel right about the objects though being parts of some whole with design.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Hovering mushroom:

It has a little four-pointed star pattern on it, too.

Actually, it looks more like a little Celtic cross.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...]http://mars. jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/proj/msl/redops/ods/surface/sol/00566/opgs/edr/ncam/NLB_447749176EDR_F0290566NCAM00354M_.JPG

edit on 11-3-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

certainly looks like it, you can see the whole circle as a shadow!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I wonder what their wing beat ratio to atmosphere is

less air must be a disadvantage to flying, not that ive ever managed to throw myself at the ground and miss *still trying*

funBox

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Char-Lee
Does anyone know what causes splotches is it water?

My guess would be that little particles of dust stick to each other because of static electricity, kind of like dust bunnies, and then they get blown around by the wind, picking up more dust and leaving little trails. That's a guess. I don't know.

What about picture number one? That thin line from the thing on rover looks like a thread, is that a wire?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

jeep3r
reply to post by Blue Shift

Just trying to catch up a bit, this thread is moving on pretty fast ... here's a formation that IMO we should be keeping an eye on. It's from sol 551 and I took the snapshot below from this GigaPan:

Source Images: 1 | 2

I see several interesting features just on this one chunk (wonder if anybody else does, too?). But prior to any interpretation, I'd like to wait for the sol 551 updates (the MastCam left images are still missing). Then, we'll have a chance to look at it in 3D to rule out any tricks of perspective, light and shadows ...

All kinds of odd and interesting things in the glob!
Did you see Alien crawling over the rubble in pic 2?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

funbox

yep looks like one of the IT's lost its's dental plate

interesting shape indeed

funBox

it is some part of the statue...I just know it!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

funbox

yep looks like one of the IT's lost its's dental plate

interesting shape indeed

funBox

Did you see the spikes on this closed hand like feature? It is really interesting. I think i enlarged it before i cropped and messed it up.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Aleister

I wonder what their wing beat ratio to atmosphere is

less air must be a disadvantage to flying, not that ive ever managed to throw myself at the ground and miss *still trying*

funBox

I wonder, maybe the body could have grown to compensate in some way to make flying things.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

also a weaker gravitational field might help things a bit
we haven't had to many flying anomalies yet, well bar the dirt on mardi cam

funBox

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

funbox

also a weaker gravitational field might help things a bit
we haven't had to many flying anomalies yet, well bar the dirt on mardi cam

funBox

weaker gravity and lighter atmosphere, made for flying. That would explain the lack of tracks, everybody flies! char-lee, I didn't mention that that was a very good question awhile back, what made those marks on the Rover. My own opinion: I dunno.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

goh! im so behind with the pics. havnt even looked at Jeeps yet

these Char-Lee ? the fist

funBOx

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Aleister
weaker gravity and lighter atmosphere, made for flying.

I'm thinking that a thinner atmosphere would make flying more difficult, as it would be harder to create the situation where air flow/air pressure on top of a moving wing would be significantly less than that below it. Because PV=nRT, and all that stuff.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yes right with the rest of the shattered statue! Hope you rested your eyes well! If the tines are actually connected to the fisted hand as appears to us with no eyesight, maybe the other one in the ground belong to hand number two!

I think this is the head of the statute (I rotated it needs all the way around and I enlarged too much to see i think it looks like a bird head kind of) and the weird (dead vulture) is like feathery part that goes on the shoulder or shoulders, may be more...now I know you all think my imagination is going like crazy, but I am a sculptor and I just feel really strong that this is a something.

Head

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 11-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Aleister
weaker gravity and lighter atmosphere, made for flying.

I'm thinking that a thinner atmosphere would make flying more difficult, as it would be harder to create the situation where air flow/air pressure on top of a moving wing would be significantly less than that below it. Because PV=nRT, and all that stuff.

so true if you were built like us or our birds, but what if they come with a gas bag inside or some other built in compensation for what we consider air flight needs, we may be all wrong anyway and those needs are only on earth for just the way things are here.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

OH you already saw it sorry about that!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Char-Lee
so true if you were built like us or our birds, but what if they come with a gas bag inside or some other built in compensation for what we consider air flight needs, we may be all wrong anyway and those needs are only on earth for just the way things are here.

Well, you'd need a gas that was a lot lighter than CO2. Helium or hydrogen, preferably. I don't know how a creature would come up with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Char-Lee

Well, you'd need a gas that was a lot lighter than CO2. Helium or hydrogen, preferably. I don't know how a creature would come up with it.

Yes pretty weird having magnets in the head to navigate also but you know, nature does things!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

some kind of internal electrolysis ?

funBox

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

this is one crazy picture , how much weird stuff can one picture give ?

at the moment i cant even see properly to see the head , let alone the shoulders , my eyes are on fire
imight be coming down with gif blindness,ide best alert the wolves for a new batch

funBox

*rummages through his assortment of jnr reading materials*

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join