It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

just noticed there was another link for the head , so I added in for perspective shadow change

kinda eerie

funBox

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

It looks like the reptillion from babylon 5.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think i may be going mad but in this image all around the top right of this image they are more heads and a skull shaped rock. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
I think curiosity as stumbled into an ancient battle ground.

And in the top left corner there appears to be spikey chrystals?
edit on 23-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Please tell me im going crazy but is that a tiled floor in this image,just above centre? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
I think theres going to be an anouncement by nasa which will change the world and our place in it forever.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by funbox

It looks like the reptillion from babylon 5.

Is he at the dentists?

"Say ahhhhh"

Anyone wishing to see Curisotys first year in motion, try this thread

There's been a lot of weird stuff captured on Mars, it just doens't look natural is all I can say:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I tried to convince myself of pareidolia but not after seeing the above links. I also don't think it's a far flung notion to at least consider the possibility that Mars was once habitable.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Those are all rocks. Everyone's are rocks. That's not a head, it's a rock. There is no tile floor. Rocks. Except for BuzzDengue's amazing find.

Why is everyone on ATS not talking about Buzz's Spike fossil/rock? I can't even describe it as a rock, it makes no sense as a rock. This could be the smoking gun, the Holy pail, the chest of gold at the end of the rainbow, the Big Un, the Maltese Falcon of Mars discoveries.

Please, someone, explain how it is a rock. Describe the way this rock was created, and don't forget the exact curvature of the rim which goes in and out, in and out, right along the line of "spokes" which are sunken a little into the surrounding undulating wall. Last time I looked at BuzzDengue's post, where he discovered this, he had three stars! My God, people get three stars for calling Chris Christie a bully, a fat bully. Three stars easy. For possibly the proof that there was previous life on Mars, the first thing that may have nailed it down, he's gotten three stars.

Let's look at it again, courtesy of the expertise at the zoom and the camera of funbox:

Please explain how this is a rock. The spokes, the middle of the spokes, the rim surrounding and attached to the spokes. Just what kind of rock is this?

EDIT: I just checked again. Buzz's post, where he announces his discovery, has three stars. If Albert Einstein had first posted his theory of relativity on ATS I betcha, I would put money on it, that he would have at least four stars by this time. The world is upside down, and rocks are falling from the sky.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Please tell me im going crazy but is that a tiled floor in this image,just above centre? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
I think theres going to be an anouncement by nasa which will change the world and our place in it forever.

do you mean ?

funBox

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

That is pretty interesting. To play along, it's covered with space glitter and looks separate from its surroundings, with a line right up the middle so it can be opened from below. I wouldn't want to wait around to see what dances on that dance floor.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That "head" really reminds me of the famous bog man mummy: science.kennesaw.edu...

Even looks like it has the hat!

As for the spoke/wheel/engine, it does look impressive at first glance, but staring at the zoomed-in image for a moment, to me, it appears to just be a grouping of individual rocks in shadow upon a slightly-raised mound of sand as opposed to one single object.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

that would be the open and closed clams living ones too by the looks, but im to tired from laughing, farting dear can do that
... too funny that expression on the deers face

clams away

funBox

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
from sol 520

the clams , im not saying they are clams, well not earth clams, but the resemblance is uncanny

picture

ahh the other wheel , I may redo this ani again, to get some more clarity

funBox

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Charizard

As for the spoke/wheel/engine, it does look impressive at first glance, but staring at the zoomed-in image for a moment, to me, it appears to just be a grouping of individual rocks in shadow upon a slightly-raised mound of sand as opposed to one single object.

Needs more than a moment, take a look at the rim around the objects "spokes" and how it undulates with the spokes, which are attached to it. There is one "spoke" that's disconnected, but it could have just broken off. But the rim combined with the spokes, then that central mound with a vug on top (a good song title), all of these things taken as a unit make this one worth the time to discuss and promote its existence until experts in geology and biology explain it all away.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Please explain how you think the resolution and detail in the zoomed in images is good enough to make claims like that?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

funbox

from sol 520

the clams , im not saying they are clams, well not earth clams, but the resemblance is uncanny

funBox

Don't you mean the resemblance is unclammy?

wmd_2008

Please explain how you think the resolution and detail in the zoomed in images is good enough to make claims like that?

Which specific claims? And there seem to be enough details present to see the rim and the contents of the rimmed area pretty clearly.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

This certainly looks clammy, although I also have to support wmd with regard to the low resolution (goes for the 'spokes' and the 'clam' features). It seems it's always much too low, what a coincidence, isn't it!?

But again: the looks of it are pretty clammy, me thinks!

edit on 24-1-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

funbox

symptomoftheuniverse

do you mean ?

funBox

yes thats it,thanks funbox

Btw heres a better view of the head mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

ahh resolution, I suppose it all depends on how simplistic you want to see, if it just geometric patterns , then light and dark is all you need, gradations are even more useful for defining curves etc. highlight and shadow is not so heavily dependant on 'resolution' as say for instance, surface texture, color surface detail. simple geometry's, light and dark is all ya need

resolution like revolution is a dirty word, and has way too many meanings, blowing up an image or increasing the pixels hight and width , do not add detail, it just makes it easier to highlight what your talking about

@aliester@ ill leave the cheese clams to you m8
'unclammy'

@Symptoms@

added you third head from the link , I reckon we have a mars gurning champion here

funBox
edit on 24-1-2014 by funbox because: wolves forced a removal of the teeth

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Good pointers, funbox ... the images do deliver a variety of useful information on different levels, with colors & shading being an important part of the analysis, no question.

IMO a minimum resolution for recognizing details is still desirable. It would at least support/substantiate the things we can only 'assume' or guess at, based on gradients and colors. I guess that's why I'm a bit sceptical whenever we look at the mid/far-field of the low-res navcam images.

But sometimes I guess we just gotta work with what we have. And the one thing we've all learned up to now is that almost none of the features, that are interesting to us, have been imaged up-close using MastCam100 or MAHLI. And again: coincidence?! I don't think so ...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by jeep3r

ahh resolution, I suppose it all depends on how simplistic you want to see, if it just geometric patterns , then light and dark is all you need, gradations are even more useful for defining curves etc. highlight and shadow is not so heavily dependant on 'resolution' as say for instance, surface texture, color surface detail. simple geometry's, light and dark is all ya need

resolution like revolution is a dirty word, and has way too many meanings, blowing up an image or increasing the pixels hight and width , do not add detail, it just makes it easier to highlight what your talking about

@aliester@ ill leave the cheese clams to you m8
'unclammy'

@Symptoms@

added you third head from the link , I reckon we have a mars gurning champion here

funBox
edit on 24-1-2014 by funbox because: wolves forced a removal of the teeth
Great job funbox and i just say how nice it is that you add a bit of fun to these threads,good on ya. Mars gurning champ lol.
BTW in this image ,above the wheel ,towards top centre,curiosity seems to be pursued by a giant snail-oops lol, mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

hmmmm ha
,that rock is way too t'nc unfriendly to enlarge ,it looks engorged enough already

@jeep3r

this pic speaks volumes ,. but im not sure that I would agree with the distances if the color chart is zero metres, those houses look closer to me than 880 metres

all these pics we are getting are around 350 kilobytes, anyone know how big the Raw files they downloading are?, or are these being processed on board the curiosity ? surely they must be higher quality before processing?

funBox

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join