It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
And here is the same head but this time its around 8 oclock mars.jpl.nasa.gov... images from sol 513
Note the debris field

Ah, here is your head with helmet (or rock head with rock helmet). It's a pretty good one, as Martian heads go. It's not the one I was looking at before. Still think it's a rock, something I haven't heard anyone say about BuzzDengue's find as yet. And I thought it was larger in my editing "room", but I don't know how to make cutouts larger as yet. Sometimes they come out larger, other times they don't. This is a good one to zoom in on though. If funbox was providing the pic he would have made a gif of it, had it giving a lecture but the climate of Mars, and introducing you to its crew (I'll look around the "debris field" now).

edit on 22-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Its at 5oclock(imangine the whole image as a clock face)in the first image and 8 oclock in the second image. That rock is not what i was refering to. Thanks for trying though.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

did you mean this head
?

ha, snap! ;D

funBox
edit on 22-1-2014 by funbox because: because Aliester is too good at cards,

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

funbox

did you mean this head
?

funBox

That's the same one I got, but you cut it out rather nicely. It can now be made into a postage stamp for what used to be called "Airmail".

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

funbox

did you mean this head
?

ha, snap! ;D

funBox
edit on 22-1-2014 by funbox because: because Aliester is too good at cards,
no it aint, any idea how to tell the time? That is obviously at 9 oclock in the linked image.
And at 3 oclock in the other image i linked to. Never mind
edit on 22-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Here ye go. Very creepy.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

not to forget the range in postcards

funBox

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

That one looks like toast. Well burnt toast, with a face where Jesus ought to be.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Aleister

Here ye go. Very creepy.

Thankyou and it is creepy. I would love a close up of the head,but i doubt nasa does.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

rather surprised looking jesus , an expression by all intents and purposes looks like

wtf am I doing on mars emblazoned in a rock shaped piece of toast

funBox

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ahh I was just messing
here ya go found at sixish was it ?

funBox

edit on 22-1-2014 by funbox because: wolf attack , 15 points removed

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

funbox

ahh I was just messing
here ya go found at sixish was it ?

funBox

edit on 22-1-2014 by funbox because: wolf attack , 15 points removed
thankyou, you are a good one lol, sooo thats the downed craft which your engine came from. The pilot was decapitated and his head did a" total recall" and freeze dried in place. So there you go.
Will try and find a higher resolution.
In this image you can see where the body of the craft has implanted itself in the ground with beams and other wreckage scattered around mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

... pixel addresses are most helpful from the NASA source file... TCPC

Yes, that is likely a crash site or demolished structure.

Try this in your software's color settings...
A) bump your contrast slightly,
B) increase the Gamma Correction by 10%,
C) max out your Color Saturation...

You can see the copper metal patina and the surface debris stands out so much better.

These types of crashes, utter destruction - obliteration, are in soooo many NASA images... they picked this landing site because the mapping data indicated the water breach in the crater wall and in addition many crash debris fields. NASA hit their bulls eye with Curiosity and now they have an embarrassment of riches, from the data/image side of the ledger. But no reason for these images to be this blurry/fuzzy with respect to resolution... honestly, I believe that they are applying a practically transparent alpha channel with a random type geometric pattern to do a "delicate redaction" on the fine detail of the content is in these images. Don't believe me? Zoom in to a ferocious level (900 to 1500%) on the ridgeline on this picture (or many others) and you will see the messiness show up. In some areas that they misapply the pattern you see crystal clarity at big zooms. If some has programs to show photo-doctoring, can anything be seen on this particular source file?
All my opinion of course, formed after substantial effort and time-on-station.

edit on 2014/1/22 by BuzzDengue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Higher resolution on this won't be available on this till the scheduled package release in the March timeframe.... if then...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzDengue

I personally think the "debris field" is all rocks, but we are lucky to have your technical know-how as you both eye the pictures and give advice to those who need it. As for your spoke, which seems like the likeliest fossil found on the site, or at least tied with Arken's spine, I'm surprised it hasn't caused more of a sensation here. The entire site should be lined-up bandwidth to bandwidth taking a look at what you discovered. We should really have some expert analysis by folks who know geology inside and out, as the descriptions I put up of your find were just the ramblings of a layman thread wanderer trying to put into words what I see on funbox's pictures and gifs. It's a shame NASA doesn't drive Curiosity right back there, for if they see that formation (and maybe they haven't seen it) and don't explore it, then the Rover ought to hang it up and start appearing at shopping centers and store openings.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

wouldn't it be good to have the original raw images. says Raw on the site, what it really means is .jpg,

funBox

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the support,i know what your saying about the resolution. I have so many images of anomolies i myself have absolutly no doubt whatsoever that a past civilisation existed on mars.
What i do not understand is why nasa covers these things up. Do they want any technical discoveries to themselfs perhaps?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

BuzzDengue

Higher resolution on this won't be available on this till the scheduled package release in the March timeframe.... if then...

i have been messing around with the image and im sure the head structure is the same shape as that very old image of that famous skull. www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
edit on 22-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Here's a good thread entitled "MARS: Crinoid and Prasopora Fossils Exposed":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's a thread about rocks in a Mars photo which seem to have moved in-between one photo and another taken a bit later from a little bit away:

It's an interesting one, and besides the mystery of the moving rocks gets into the discussion of rover cameras and how NASA then composes images.

--------------------

This thread started out as a collection of threads which show Mars anomalies. It may have been better for the Spoke "fossil" discovery to have been on its own thread, as it is getting much less discussion here than I would have thought (a very possible Mars fossil has been found, and it needs more people with geological knowledge to discuss what else it could be) and I will keep asking people to come look at it to give their opinion.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Another good thread, "MSL Sol 514: Mineral Veins Or Fossilized Crinoid Columnals?", by Jeep:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join