It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Hello, and you came four minutes after I wrote that last sentence (not one I edited).

Char-Lee found a really interesting marsammal earlier, not too far back in the thread, and you'll know it when you see it. Seems like a good find, something you'd have to chase out of your garden or eaves.

Here's her tiny pic and first mention of it, people could almost miss it. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

strangely enough it reminds me of the baby from Eraserhead

strange baby

funBox
edit on 17-2-2014 by funbox because: of the low rumble of industrial machinery . plus howling

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

That's a strange thing to find on Mars (and a strange sentence to write). And look at the shadow. You make it look like something we'd be better off asking you to put it back where you found it. I think even Arken screamed and ran away when he saw it. Jack Hanna took one look and went off to have a drink.

I know it's a long way off and the zoom collapses a lot of the pixelartifact range, but still...

Rock. Or rocks. I don't know (on third).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

quite right Aliester , I don't think this ones going in the can
, might spoil quicker

as for the explodes they expand just the pixel size , sometimes adding a light gaussian blur at low pixel dimensions can blur the jpg compression artifacts , without distorting the line and shadows of the rock/it/marsimal/machinery , in question, il drop up some images to show differences between smoothings of various types, a kinda gallery within a gallery

but not tonight, has been a long and crazy day

reply to post by ArMaP

cheers ArMaP I think that's the one , I searched for it and found black and white , I have all the colour images though , just need to perceiver with the jpl site , there somewhere

funBox
edit on 17-2-2014 by funbox because: added

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Let's talk about this one a bit. Even at this distance, the subtle but numerous and seemingly appropriate "splotches" of grey/black/white along this image seem unusual for a rock. Am I seeing those subtleties incorrectly?

The sun. It seems to me like the sun is almost at high noon, a little bit to one side of noon. There aren't many shadows next to the rocks in the entire picture. But look at the shadow structure under and along the thingit, and the shape of the shadow. How does that fit in with the rest of the shadows on the entire picture?

And within this rock are two points of highly reflective light, spaced like what we would call eyes but Martians call "rng3[qgh". Then what's up with the "leg", is it a separate rock or attached?

I dunno.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Aleister
For it to cast such a long shadow it must have some height, and also the shadows from whatever shape the two ends are, curled and upright, seem to show a structure that is itself interesting.

Don't forget that a shadow's shape depends on two things: the shape of the object projecting the shadow and the shape of the surface where the object is projected.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I couldn't get layer one and two to fuse for some reason. I tried cut and past but that didn't work...I am hopeless, will mess with it again soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

ArMaP

Aleister
For it to cast such a long shadow it must have some height, and also the shadows from whatever shape the two ends are, curled and upright, seem to show a structure that is itself interesting.

Don't forget that a shadow's shape depends on two things: the shape of the object projecting the shadow and the shape of the surface where the object is projected.

Even more interesting in this case. The rock that the shadow is falling along is right next to the object in question, and yet there still seems to be space between it and the rock, space enough to cast a shadow. So it's likely separate from the rock on the right. Anyway, this is an odd one, and why not have an odd one every couple of days or so.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

funbox

strangely enough it reminds me of the baby from Eraserhead

strange baby

funBox
edit on 17-2-2014 by funbox because: of the low rumble of industrial machinery . plus howling

It Does! Not calling this guy cute, but he looks furry. Think he is eyeballing Rover.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

maybe its buried in the sand and that's its arm lifting itsself up
,it probably turn out to be even more bizarrely improbable when in color, but the shadows do seem disjointed, again its a bit far away to tell for certain , maybe some multiple angles of light will shed some light
still playing picture thread catchup

funBox

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Going with the eyeballing for a moment, I'll switch to the point of view of it being a marsmmal. So obviously the sun is shining very brightly off of its right eye, reflecting a round sun. I don't see as bright a shine in the picture, at least on a quick look, an eyeball reflected brightness.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

you don't need to, they will fuse when the jpg is saved, merging isn't really necessary with layers , its better they are independent from one another , you can easily move things around or change layout at anytime

regarding picture , did you not see the eraser head baby pic ? that's one baby sitting ide pass up on , I see mandibles under that domed head

funBox
edit on 17-2-2014 by funbox because: of a sushi chicken for four

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hi there,

Take a look at this photo, at 10 o'clock there is a huge stone and it seems like with some writing on it, on its top, no?
Pretty nice effect from the distance.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

funbox

regarding picture , did you not see the eraser head baby pic ? that's one baby sitting ide pass up on , I see mandibles under that domed head

funBox
edit on 17-2-2014 by funbox because: of a sushi chicken for four

Oh, you are looking at it as a large head. My brain is looking at it as a soft fur head, not very far above the eyes. The part that is larger in back, to me, is either a rock, or it could be dragging a shell around (a fur thing in a shell - now that's an image, whoops, Jack Hanna just ran away again).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

regarding picture , did you not see the eraser head baby pic ?

I Did and it does! Scary...insect or mouse size I wonder.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The part that is larger in back, to me, is either a rock, or it could be dragging a shell around

I have been trying it both ways, and trying not to be earthish about it. I want to see soft black fur little chin whiskers and bright intelligent eyes skinny leg but I am also taking a big bulbous head look, maybe even have the leg come from the face like feelers.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

darkorange
Hi there,

Take a look at this photo, at 10 o'clock there is a huge stone and it seems like with some writing on it, on its top, no?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looks like several rings and a big E.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

darkorange
Hi there,

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Yo. The "writing" on top the rock just seems like sand/dust movement, and for Mars to have writing or numbers anywhere on it would have to mean humans had been there, drawing in dust, quite recently as dust movement goes. The larger rock a ways in front of it, the one that's cracked and you can see the inside looking much like a rock on earth would look if you cracked it with a hammer and split it in two - but this rock, where did the piece cracked off go?

And check out the long trail in the sand on the right-center. Dust devil trail?

What do you think of Char-Lee's nameless thing we're talking about off and on, the furry small/giant headed legged/mandibled damned thing?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darkorange

ahoy

did I hit the bullseye? not sure if I did at 10 oclock a few rocks around with white marks or highlighted edges,

see pic

funBox

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

hopefully bonus family pack size
yum

funBox

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join