It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

It took a while to see what you are referring to...but I see it now...

is that a tooth...dripping blood ?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Char-Lee

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by windword

to me it looks like an electric eel...

Good find.

edit:

not sure what you guys call this creature...we call it Murina. I don't think it's an eel.

But also look at the object it is leaning on.

This looks alive to me at the back of the picture.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

That's one of Fort's damned things for sure. Zoomed in on, it looks every bit like a porcupine or something looking at the Rover with two little eyes, and fur. If nothing else this is another one for the "Mars Calendar of Creatures".

And you are the Mars explorer always looking for marsimals. And finding them!

edit on 17-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Aleister
What was the possible scenario? Did the Rover slip and slide and meander down into an area it knew was rough sailing, then, after sliding around, circle around to the other side, just to take a picture of the shell-like object? It could be another one of the flip rocks, or an actual shell, or just a interesting rock (3rd choice probably, I always go with rocks now, but ask questions about them).

I think that's the "appearing rock" at the bottom left corner, with the other rocks near the top of the image being the part from where the other rock broke and, apparently, jumped to where it is now. I think the tracks left by the rover are not as they should because of a wheel that doesn't turn.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh, so it's from Opportunity and not Curiosity. I thought it was a recent Curiosity pic (I'm not good at knowing which uploads are which, and what camera is what). Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Char-Lee
i didn't know what to make of it, seems like a part of a tooth, i wonder what size it is. There are of course all sizes and kinds of tooth fossils and root types. See how over time they can get those patterns also.

I know, that one is very similar to the Carcharodon megalodon tooth I found some years ago, as you can see below.

PS: the serrated edge is still sharp enough to cut paper.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

funbox
from MRO , if someone could help refind the link it would be appreciated, downloaded it a few days ago and cannot find the right place on the jpl site

Could it be ESP_027834_1755?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If anyone is looking for an easy to use program Paint.NET is free and easy to use.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee
i didn't know what to make of it, seems like a part of a tooth, i wonder what size it is. There are of course all sizes and kinds of tooth fossils and root types. See how over time they can get those patterns also.

I know, that one is very similar to the Carcharodon megalodon tooth I found some years ago, as you can see below.

PS: the serrated edge is still sharp enough to cut paper.

Very nice find!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

ArMaP
If anyone is looking for an easy to use program Paint.NET is free and easy to use.

Does it let you bring forward and enlarge without blurring pictures? I need something so i can become less a nuisance

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Does it let you bring forward and enlarge without blurring pictures? I need something so i can become less a nuisance

Yes, zooming in doesn't resample and resizing has several options, one of them (I think it's called nearest neighbour) doesn't resample either, we just get bigger pixels.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

funbox

that looks quite small, should be interesting to see it in color.

ok I got it this time I think

not sure if this is the one you're describing Aleister ?

funBox

I was thinking how easy it is for us to think only in our own known terms. When it comes to size of objects I think we need to ignore our need to find earth size.

Short story

When i was about 3-4 my Family went hunting arrowheads. My father made beautiful framed groupings of them and he also made arrowheads himself just like the old ones if he need a fill in piece.

We lived in the high desert and it was a common hobby hunting and collecting along with minerals. Well this day my Mother was crawling along on all fours and being a little kid I simply crawled behind her wherever she went. She found a lot of arrowheads but suddenly I shouted in delight because my Mother had crawled right past a huge and perfect spear head, it was about 5 or 6 inches long and gorgeous! She missed it because she was focused on small...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know...rocks...right?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
I know...rocks...right?

If you have a better explanation...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Nah...I've seen too many SF movies to speculate...obviously.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by ArMaP

Nah...I've seen too many SF movies to speculate...obviously.

If I saw those rocks, I'd run. Strange rocks that the rover is walking in now, it reminds me of R2D2 walking along the rocky path, minding his own business, with all the little yellow-eyed creatures following his movement, ready to pounce. You can keep Mars, give me a nice stroll on Saturn any day.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Lizzy's shadow looks kind of bumpy. Bottom left under wheel.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Looks like a big grasshopper.. Anywhere except mars, and people would be claiming it is a live insect. Another odd thing in that same image is up and on the left side, the rock with multiple spiky things protruding from it..

The things I have been seeing in mars images just don't make sense if I am to stick with currently accepted axioms.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Lizzy's shadow looks kind of bumpy. Bottom left under wheel.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I've spent the last eight or nine minutes just looking at the shadows on the rest of the objects in the picture. The rovers wheel, the shadows of all the rocks, and iz must say that the shadow on this thing is unique for the rocks in that picture. For it to cast such a long shadow it must have some height, and also the shadows from whatever shape the two ends are, curled and upright, seem to show a structure that is itself interesting. So it's a tallish little rock and our perspective isn't taking in its height. With things on either end of it (I think part of the "leg" is a separate rock). Nice find. I wish funbox were here to do his best with that marsmammal you found earlier.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
ahoy peeps

online free paint editing package , not bad from here

online photo editor

been messing around with it , seems good enough for illustration , layers etc

a simple gif on how to use, probably not very clear , kinda like some of the mars pics :

higher res

funBox

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join