It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Can someone check out the bottom half of a huge stone head at 3 0clock in this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov... paredelia?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Can someone check out the bottom half of a huge stone head at 3 0clock in this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov... paredelia?

I don't see it, but I do see the rover is chugging its way along towards the Buttes quite well. Is this a new pic? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

From sol 505 , yes that pic is just paradelia.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Hello me (linking back to the original post, which pointed out a rock structure in a post by Buzzdengue on the last page of this thread).

Here's a highlighted close-up of the rock skull, most of the rock spine, and the possible rock shoulder structure of the "Martian Skeleton" named Kobi, a fine example of rocks (it's got rock hips and rock leg bones too, not shown in this inexpertly cropped tiny pic):

This rock skull does seem to have the proportions of a standard-issue alien image, and the rock spinal column's rock vertebrae are laid out quite nicely along a line a real spine would rest. As for the neck rock bones connected to the shoulder rock bones, a nice structural integrity holds together. And as in my first post in this series shows, dem rock, dem rocks, gonna....dance around.

Here's the entire rock skeleton again, just waiting for rock Dexter to come by and see if there's any blood evidence:

Buzzdengue lists his original photo as 2014-01-10 01_54_45-Navcam_2014-01-08 1-57-07 UTC SOL 506 Dude 741X 187Y Highlighted

edit on 13-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Good job jeep3r!
I've found some interesting too, proofs of past Mars civilization ... I've found letters written on the stones, carvings on the stones and many more, but it was less difficult then embedding images in the messages in this forum

files.abovetopsecret.com...

6th picture is the falcon in the hand of human.
Feel free to comment, ATS!
p.s. PIA16700
edit on 14-1-2014 by AlexeiVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here's a thread by Arken on a very nice facial and headdress "sculpture".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

"The Sphere Mound"
Rocknest Panorama
PIA16453

The main target is the green circle which we will zoom in on at 9884X-339Y. Does anybody have a range tool for distance?
Only use the original NASA shot in full resolution, not my screenshots to re-verify, please. Mess with your brightness, contrast or even tilt your display... a darkened room also helps, as well as a huge monitor...

--------------------------------

This is where we are headed

-------

Up here is some good junk...

Annotated

-------

Fuzzy Network;
Notice in the red oval to the right that some sort of network or fuzzy framework is all over the hill to the right of the green marked oval. It clearly passes in front of the black rock and is definitely off the ground. Fuzzy framework will be annotated in the next pic with blue scuff marks to show where I see it.

All i know is... THAT AIN'T NO ROCK...

The Rocknest Panorama is good, but some of the recent Mastcam shots, especially the 100mm, are very good. I can clearly see areas of some of the shots where somebody has obfuscated certain objects and areas before posting them at JPL. Photoshopping galore in one particular item... they can't get everything, though

Happy Safari !!!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Some more "not rock" stuff...
"Strewnage"

Jug-esque & Jug Annotated

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hey jeep3r, a pretty interesting thread you built yourself here. I like the idea.

What Joe Public needs is an online reference database of images, map locations and analysis. Keep up the good work

Now, whilst I am not always (or even usually) in agreement over Mars' and Gale Crater thread hypothesis generally, only good can come from such analysis and data keeping. We may not have found that Rosetta Stone image as of yet, but many are confident that such a moment will arrive.

Though yourself and Arken each specialize in unique aspects of analysis - as I do, mainly anything related with visible light and electromagnetic radiation vis-à-vis MRO, Curiosity and Opportunity - we often find ourselves in nodding agreement and wonderment. Maybe eventually the build-up of data will become so overwhelming we will establish a scientific (or at-least popular) consensus which leads to understanding.

Right now, we can point and be amazed at we see, but we have neither the equipment, nor the basic data required to even lobby for the investment in any one direction of intense research. Here's hoping things change quickly. I think they will very soon.

For instance, NASA recently completed (via sub-contracting out) the development of image processing software to be used on MSL Curiosity pictures that uses an algorithm to extract specific image content to be further analysed. Though publicly tagged as being to aid the analysis of pebble sizes, the software is used to analyse light anomalies and extract such from the images. Very interesting stuff, and nice to see NASA taking some bold if not public steps to investigate long-held suspicions.
edit on 15-1-2014 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Thanks, Blister ... I also think an anomaly image database of some sort would be helpful. IMO it would also be a good idea to rate those anomalies in terms of their 'unusual features'. Criteria for that could be resolution, repetitive elements, resemblances with known shapes (natural & unnatural), uniqueness & contrast regarding the surrounding terrain etc.

But having the more interesting anomalies compiled in a single thread (which gets updated from time to time) is certainly a good starting point for keeping track of things.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

im sure ive seen that skellington dancing around in 3dstudio max , o yeah when I rammed a biped in around 15 years ago, ahh memories

Edit* ahh wrong thread.to many mars anomalies threads atm , could do with their own forum

funBOx
edit on 15-1-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

im sure ive seen that skellington dancing around in 3dstudio max , o yeah when I rammed a biped in around 15 years ago, ahh memories

please excuse the extra post , amazingly this was replied to in the thread it was intended, which wasn't here.odd

funBOx

edit on 15-1-2014 by funbox because: of wolves pranks

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Dem bones dem bones. I've opened a new thread on the rock skeleton Kobi, so it now has its own sturdy home after renting a nice apartment here. Come look when you have a few minutes:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

see other post it'll probably end up there anyhow ..

o look it did
how is that even possible when I replied in another thread .. did someone attack a micro blackhole to the centre of this thread?

funBox
edit on 15-1-2014 by funbox because: of a large gravitational force.. caused by wolf flatulence

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

funbox

see other post it'll probably end up there anyhow ..

o look it did
how is that even possible when I replied in another thread .. did someone attack a micro blackhole to the centre of this thread?

funBox
edit on 15-1-2014 by funbox because: of a large gravitational force.. caused by wolf flatulence

Jumps through micro-blackhole pulling rocks and sand along to be used as snowballs which, when tossed into the dust bin of history, score eleventi points apiece!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Since this thread is a warehouse for Mars finds, user MysterX has found a nice airplane on Mars. A link to that post:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by BuzzDengue

Buzz, look at your last two pics, near the top left hand corner. You've got what looks like an entire human or martian skeleton in there. Happy Halloween??? (I tinted it just because I've learned how):

Getting back to that particular formation, I think I know what you meant when interpreting those features as a potential anomaly. I believe that I found the right section in that SOl 506 navcam image, but please correct me if I'm wrong:

IMAGE SOURCE 1 (SOL 506, 2014-01-08 01:57:07 UTC)
LEFT: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
RIGHT: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

IMAGE SOURCE 2 (SOL 506, 2014-01-08 01:57:38 UTC)
LEFT: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
RIGHT: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

IMO, those are most probably image processing artifacts (like extreme blurring due to zooming in too much etc.). The enlarged cropped sections above are pixelated, without blurring caused by oversampling and I think that's why the outlines are even less visible than in the image you provided.

Of course, I can't completely rule out that it might be something else than rocks, that's for sure. But unless we find MastCam100 images of that area (with higher resolution) it's probably rather rocks and pebbles with streaks of light colored sand inbetween. Just my 2 cents ...
edit on 16-1-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Thanks for the pics and yes, this does seem like photo clutter. I was going by the posted picture alone, and not the larger zoom-out you've provided. I stand corrected. A full martian/alien skeleton will have to wait for another day (unless you count Arken's spine).

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

No problem, Aleister, and thanks for your feedback ... looks like we all have to continue looking (although there already are some really good and intriguing formations/features among those discussed in various threads)!

P.S.: I think it's better to look twice and very closely at something (even if it's low-res and however doubtful it may be) than to ignore something straight away!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join