It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

A bit cautious, on the one hand, yes, but on the other, I'd rather not dismiss anything too quickly as 'just a rock' (for a number of reasons). Regarding the alleged 'statue', a second or third perspective/view would've really been helpful!

What looks like 'marks' on the rock to the right of that statue is also interesting. I noticed them when BlackCat13 first spotted this feature, but here too, unfortunately, we'd need to get much closer ...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

new_here
reply to post by funbox

Wow, interesting indeed! Looks like a 'flower-rock' if there were such a thing. Also (and I'm sure its been discussed at length) but the big rock to the left of it is quite interesting, with its 'layered' triangle look. Not sure why it makes me think of the Star Trek emblem on their uniforms...

I see what you mean , but I don't think jim does

funBox
edit on 8-2-2014 by funbox because: // wrong quote ,

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

reassuringly wise words Aleister , im as poor as a church mouse atm,

as for the thread, a great idea Jeep3r, we get to collate and analyse the data far easier when its all in one place ,see the storys events unfold and get to witness any interesting patterns emerging

funBox

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Aleister

reassuringly wise words Aleister , im as poor as a church mouse atm,

as for the thread, a great idea Jeep3r, we get to collate and analyse the data far easier when its all in one place ,see the storys events unfold and get to witness any interesting patterns emerging

Looks like a small but committed community evolved around this thread, which is really great (although rather 'unexpected' when I launched this thread). I think it's a good blend of anomalies, humor, creativity and additional info on some of the formations we come across.

And yes, let's go ahead & track down those 'pesky' patterns, that might just possibly cause distress for some on here and at NASA/JPL ...

edit on 8-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

HAHAHA... you are a hoot! A creative one at that!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Brief Hiatus... working on a book.
Nice to be back in the warm NASA/MSL/JPL glow emitting from my screen ; )

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ArMaP

BuzzDengue
Rocknest PIA-16453 13097X, 537Y Center Frame
Close-Up of Apparent Coliseum-esque Structure &
Possible Hangar/Garage Structure Directly Above It

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Where do you see something like that?

PS: please try to use the original photos instead of panoramas.

Hi ArMaP!
In answer to how I see the referenced hangar/cavern...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

ArMaP, I would love to get to the source images that comprise the Rocknest mosaic, if I knew how. Does a composite index exist?
I did use the TIF 120+MB mosaic file, which was the best I can find currently. If someone(s) can "edja-muh-cate" me, I would certainly jump at the chance to get to the lowest generation image I can get my eyes on to review. Any ideas anyone?

BD

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yeah. Very briney water. That shows up in the summer near the equator. If that's what it really is, it seems that there could be ice under the surface. And that does present the possibility of life in that ice. Though it would be slow life and I don't think it would make statues, it would probably be tiny. Like, really tiny. Like the bacteria found in ice in Antarctica perhaps.

edit on 2/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Here is what the researchers had to say about the bacteria that they tested, “bacteria can glean information from the environment and from other organisms, interpret the information in a ‘meaningful’ way, develop common knowledge and learn from past experience.”

aboutfacts.net...

I can just see all those tiny little cities with their little pipes bringing deeper water tinie little statues... Rover could be a menace!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

If you get a chance would you do your enlarging thingie with the chain link thingie that I have a few pages back...I have been looking at this are a long time, maybe I am seeing this all wrong but it looks very odd to me.

It is under the two big wedge rocks in the top left. The right wedge of the two.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I thought I saw a few chain link thingies, did I get them all ?

funBox

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

BuzzDengue

I don't think things are that far away, and a dark area can be a shadow or just the side of a rock that is in the shadow. The "open rotunda" looks like another "perspective artefact", with several parts appearing closer to each other because of perspective.

ArMaP, I would love to get to the source images that comprise the Rocknest mosaic, if I knew how. Does a composite index exist?

Sometimes, on the PIA page, they say from which Sols the photos came, but not always, I don't know of another method than just looking for the photos. Not high-tech, but it usually works.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Char-Lee
I can just see all those tiny little cities with their little pipes bringing deeper water tinie little statues... Rover could be a menace!

I hope you are not like other ATS members that can see tiny cities everywhere.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee

I hope you are not like other ATS members that can see tiny cities everywhere.

I've been caught up in three Mars finds now. Arken's spine, which has at least some percentage points of being a real spine (taking into account the long odds of life evolving on Mars to that extent, but leaving the slight possibility open). Then BuzzDengue's first and largest spoke-with-vug-and-rim, which has the best rim of the bunch found later (those later ones add a little percentage points to this collection of rocks being something quite interesting, but more hopeful on this one than knowledgeable about exoplanet marine biology). And that Blueit thing that looked so damn real to my brain. I thought that had more than a 25 percent chance of it being something fun, then when funbox said it was missing on the next photos of the same spot, that sounded cool enough to sound my second alarm about something found on this thread. Then it turned out to be a few rocks, but its paws actually turned out to be Mar's most magnificient pair of, ah, imaginary-rocks found yet (by funbox, thus further earning his name)! Everything else have been certainly rocks and more rocks, imnho, but the spoke-creature things/or/photo/artifacts seem the most interesting, or at least maybe repeatable in various forms.
edit on 8-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

funbox

I thought I saw a few chain link thingies, did I get them all ?

funBox

Thanks!! Wow they still look like chain links to me! Below that area and coming from it are cable like things in the rocks and sticking out at the end, I am just trying to see how rock can form and make such fibrous looking or elongated free from connection to surrounding rocks type form.

Lot more of this stuff in the area, could even be a Marsinsectum!

Like the little gear looking thing in one of your recent finds, they look so created and unnatural.

There is a weird thing in the bottom right corner of this picture, wish I had the next photo below to see it.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I know nature can fool us but certainly no harm in looking and thinking![
edit on 8-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Warning, do not beleive your mince pies

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Warning, you must not believe your eyes

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

the fantastic four payed a visit to mars
or is that a five ?

ah but they cannot be chains at this altitude, theblue it dungeons are way below

reply to post by new_here

thanks. that'll be 200 d ong
i need cash to buy gif juice

*funbox rechecks the wolf bladder pouch*

reply to post by BuzzDengue

that wouldn't be a book on mars anomalies would it ?

funBox

edit on 8-2-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

ArMaP

BuzzDengue

I don't think things are that far away, and a dark area can be a shadow or just the side of a rock that is in the shadow. The "open rotunda" looks like another "perspective artefact", with several parts appearing closer to each other because of perspective.

From the Rocknest position to that base of Mount Sharp, it appears to be roughly eight miles (estimate six straight to it). You really aren't serious with the "perspective artefact"(sic) angle, really? Did you go look at the original? Did you take the time? You gotta do better than that!
...it is there, and it is real, and it is real big...

Sometimes, on the PIA page, they say from which Sols the photos came, but not always, I don't know of another method than just looking for the photos. Not high-tech, but it usually works.

Thanks, I tried to back track and follow the construct... I guess I will languish researching Sols 56 through 101 and hoping they are still included still in the available data sets. I think I am close to projecting the lat/long of the corner of Aeolis Mons in question, then I can search field that vicinity in the UI.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

BuzzDengue
From the Rocknest position to that base of Mount Sharp, it appears to be roughly eight miles (estimate six straight to it). You really aren't serious with the "perspective artefact"(sic) angle, really?

I am always serious, even when I joke I am seriously joking.

Did you go look at the original? Did you take the time? You gotta do better than that!
...it is there, and it is real, and it is real big...

I didn't have the time for it yet, but I will look. If that thing is as big as you say, it should be visible in the HiRISE photos, right?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I thought I'd add a couple of rock anomalies I've found to jeep3r's awesome thread. I believe these are fairly small items, in the 4" to 7" size range. Still interesting though. Pay particular attention to the shadows.

Item one is what I call Rock Handle. Thousands---if not millions---of years old and that handle has yet to snap off (again, look at the shadow). That's one strong rock! (Link to Original):

Item two is Rock Duck. I realize it's not a duck, just looks like one. What's interesting about this rock is it appears that the "head" is inserted into the main body at a pivot point. Very strange. (Link to Original)

Rock Duck has been enlarged 300 percent and lightened from the original.

Enjoy.

edit on 9-2-2014 by papajake because: Fixed typo

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join