It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

if that was on earth , I wonder how many reply's there would be of blug or blurred

im going for a conservative 100 million quadrillion , then I might be using a proverbial dimension or two

looks a bit more like a clomet to my eye , tail and all

funbox

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
looks a bit more like a clomet to my eye , tail and all

The one in the upper right corner looks more bug-like. So, two out of the four images have some kind of anomaly.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

pics

seems familiar some how ..

funbox

edit on 5-12-2014 by funbox because: added gif juice

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
some oddity from Mahli cam

extreame-o-pilla ?

funbox

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
White bug this time. Sol 823:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

an interesting re-occurrence , albeit not quite the same in shape , ide say they're similar enough to interrelate the two differently timed and framed occurrences to one attributable thing

funbox

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Another one of those little antenna bugs:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's the other one I found all flattened out a while back:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Another one of those little antenna bugs:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's the other one I found all flattened out a while back:

Interesting.

Have you got a reference for the second pic? Pls.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blister
Interesting.

Sure. It's from Sol 572:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

find a third and you'll be able to name it

relevantly irrelevant , but to add some more weight to the extremophiles category of creature , the Japanese may have unearthed them to the extreme

life in deep places

their maybe chance yet to see something unearthed by the rover that's still in motion

quite a bundle of shots in 837 ,

mast 837

keeping it with the draconian theme

funbox

edit on 15-12-2014 by funbox because: wolf riding dragons

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

find a third and you'll be able to name it

I'll keep a lookout for another one. Although I think it's funny that of all the shapes I've seen, I wasn't expecting to find another one of the little antenna bugs.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Even though you, yourself (as your avatar), have antennas?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Blister
Interesting.

Sure. It's from Sol 572:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Many thanks, Blue Shift

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Even though you, yourself (as your avatar), have antennas?

Yeah, but my antennas aren't like an ant's or whatever. They're not symmetrical.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Talking about extremophiles: Curiosity monitored considerable spikes of methane on ground-level ...

Methane 'belches' detected on Mars

The US space agency's (Nasa) Curiosity rover has detected the intermittent "belching" of methane gas on Mars. The robot sees very low-level amounts constantly in the background, but it also has monitored a number of short-lived spikes that are 10 times higher.

Methane on the Red Planet is intriguing because here on Earth, 95% of the gas comes from microbial organisms. Researchers have hung on to the hope that the molecule's signature at Mars might also indicate a life presence.

The Curiosity team cannot identify the source of its methane, but the leading candidate is underground stores that are periodically disturbed.

Now, where exactly does the methane come from and what was the cause for it getting there? To find that out should be the next 'pressing issue' on the agenda ...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

if only they thought to pack a mic , we would be able to hear the little buggers chuckling and running away whilst holding their blue noses ..

well cant be anymore cryptic than that, underground stores? is that like saying there's either something rotting down there or something surviving underground, that's eating other things underground, digesting them, and relieving themselves for the spectrometers pleasure? what know geological process does this on mars?
shame they didn't drop up the data , sol times , frequency , strength , temperatures, etc

smells like the time bombs started ticking , pun intended

did you just say the word Symmetry ? *peers far out into the room* I smell trouble

funbox

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

if only they thought to pack a mic, we would be able to hear the little buggers chuckling and running away whilst holding their blue noses ...

Acoustic evidence, so to speak?

Well, I just hope that it doesn't require JPL's "2020 Mars Rover" with a brand new suite of precision instruments to get to the bottom of the methane mystery (although I'm afraid that we'll have to wait that long, unless MAVEN can somehow provide some additional insights) ...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

if only they thought to pack a mic, we would be able to hear the little buggers chuckling and running away whilst holding their blue noses ...

Acoustic evidence, so to speak?

Well, I just hope that it doesn't require JPL's "2020 Mars Rover" with a brand new suite of precision instruments to get to the bottom of the methane mystery (although I'm afraid that we'll have to wait that long, unless MAVEN can somehow provide some additional insights) ...

is Maven's resolution fine enough to pick up such localisations of flatulence ?

funbox
edit on 16-12-2014 by funbox because: it transmuted into it

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

I don't think so, and it's a completely different mission altogether ... just for a brief moment I was thinking it could perhaps contribute something to the methane question. But looking at the instrument list, I do have some doubts.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

maybe the last instrument on the list , Neutral Gas and Ion Mass Spectrometer (NGIMS) might do it, but im thinking its more for scooping of the upper atmosphere, unless they try a trick like them crazy cliff divers , swooping in low to capture a blue it fart

smash .. next anomaly to look at

funbox

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join