It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

I know it's the edge of a rock but when you zoom right in it looks good.
Just a bit of fun !

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
somebody please explain this valve: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

I believe this was answered a little while back. If I remember it right it went something like this;
There is a tube like item that comes out from the rover, and moves down until it hits the ground. Then another skinnier tube, or little scoop comes out from that, and takes a soil sample. I believe the outer tube stays on the ground during the sample taking, so that the whole device does not move around......(?)

If this is wrong People, Please correct My statement, but go easy on me for messing it up! LOL!!!

My memory is terrible anymore, but I like to try to help Others out......
Syx.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88

Somebody please explain this valve: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's a possible explanation for the feature you're referrencing:

Image Source

The alleged "celtic cross" indeed made some headlines recently and explanations for what it is only came in slowly ... for all we know, it's part of Opportunity's APXS sensor.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
somebody please explain this valve: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I have one nearly as good as that:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i wonder if this was made by the drill head , looks a little too chaotic for that though

mahli

funbox
edit on 11-11-2014 by funbox because: Wargs howl at an oddly shaped moon

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Either made by something at the rover poking around, or if not, a riddle within an enigma wrapped around a whatsit leaning against a disenfranchised-illogical question taped to a fnord.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
For the machinery folks. Screw head in decayed machine parts:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
i wonder if this was made by the drill head , looks a little too chaotic for that though

My experience with that camera is that the images make more sense if you turn them 180 degrees:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

ahh that's better makes perfect sense now

Laser?

funbox

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
Laser?

It looks like they're having some trouble with the brush. It has a loose part right in the middle that is likely gouging out holes rather than just brushing away the dust:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

you think its the brush ? hmm im having flashbacks of triangular markings ,,...

from the on-board test slates

funbox

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Some peculiar features or formations captured by MAHLI on Sol 810: mars.nasa.gov...

Enhanced version:

What do you think, concretions or fossilised life forms?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Those are interesting, but they look too different from each other to be some kind of fossilized life form.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Not that looks matter but:
Stromatolite fossils

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
hmmm I wonder if anyone else expected this .. looks like a big boost for panspermia theory ... almost reading like a cheesy si fi plot

how benign

www.bbc.co.uk...

being discussed here Comet landing: Organic molecules detected by Philae

toateebox
edit on 18-11-2014 by funbox because: h=wolf

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
What do you think, concretions or fossilised life forms?

Mud bubbles. They (and I) were looking at some of these a few weeks ago, although they weren't as flat as this.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
They were apparently caused a long time ago by briny mud oozing out of small holes or cracks in the covering layer and hardening upon evaporation. It oozes out, then builds up, then oozes out some more. That's the way I see it, anyway. I think this is some of the same stuff.

edit on 18-11-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This area of exploration is not thrilling me. Hopefully, we'll get some more interesting rocks to look at when Curiosity starts heading toward the mountain. Otherwise, this area is pretty boring:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yes, I keep reading that Curiosity is just about there, is at the foothills, dug into the foothills, has the mountain just ahead of it, and I have no idea where it actually is. There are links, I know, somewhere. The only NASA/JPL link I keep in my signature links to the new picture uploads, and even those I haven't looked at lately. You guys are steadfast on this thread, which has slowed...slowed...like Marlasses....and thanks for keeping the lights on so the rest of us can come by and warm ourselves occasionally. I can sense the whatits just popping out willy-nilly soon, and then Curiosity will rev this puppy up like a summer's day on the yesteryear slopes of Mount Sharp.

edit on 26-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

or one of the wheels will giveway on loose ground and unveil a huge cave entrance into a mystical blue-it treasure trove of antiquity, all cave like and mysterious , I hope its charged up it's lantern and donned it's 70's fashioned cardigan ..

blueshift's right , they need to get out of dodge to somewhere that isn't made of mud cakes..

798box

edit on 26-11-2014 by funbox because: ss wolfenstein

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join