It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Love it when you make those shots ;-)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

cheers, seems like there are a fair few bits moving about those shots, excluding those that appear to be moving through the lengthening of shadows, and given that there's only seven or so minuets elapsed, I say they are moving too slowly to be vibrational/wind movement . and as pointed out many times already the wind only has the power to move micron sized objects

and if moved by wind /vibrational movement why the clean consistent trails?... if these rocks were being vibrated /blown they wouldn't hug the rovers surface creating troughs in the dust/dirt

very odd

funbox

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
and if moved by wind /vibrational movement why the clean consistent trails?... if these rocks were being vibrated /blown they wouldn't hug the rovers surface creating troughs in the dust/dirt

Rocks? What rocks?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

add it to the paragraph above and you'll get it.

detritus even

funbox

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I'm thinking that it has to do with the drill. I think the drill would create consistent vibrations that would juggle the little pebbles around enough to create the trails depending on the tilt of the particular piece of equipment they were on.

As for the little bugs jumping off the top part and vanishing, if they were too big to be moved by the wind, I don't know. A bigger bump from somewhere? Movement of the camera arm?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Interesting comparison, they do both share many traits, but the Mars item seems and looks more ordered, or symmetrical and the Earth one appears more random. Just from first glance.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I really think that comparisons with terrestial features are helpful, especially when there's no other data at hand. But visual evidence is not always unambiguous, like in the case of said lattice structure from sol 753.

While searching the web for similar features on earth, I stumbled upon ancient mudcracks, which could probably also account for the grid-like arrangement (although it would be a much more mundane explanation).
edit on 5-10-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

It looks like, this time, I am the one that is not seeing those as rocks.

Would a rock (or some other small particle) move in a way that would leave such a track? Wouldn't it need to have a flat surface in contact with the rover surface to leave such a track? And how, with a flat surface, would it leave a track that is not completely clean and looks even with a different kind of dirt than the surrounding area?

I'm thinking those marks were made by small dew drops that rolled over the rover's surfaces and, in some photos, are still visible, involved in the dust they gathered from the dusty rover's surfaces, as small "dust marbles" with a water nucleus.

Edited to add that I am talking about what made those tracks and about some of the small objects we see at the end of some of those tracks, it doesn't mean that I think all those small objects are dew drops covered in dust.
edit on 5/10/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't see it like that, I see vibrational forces ,(if any on that part of curiosity ,bouncing things about, to me this looks like viscous movement across a dirty surface. in one of the stones above the main area of attention , looks like its slimed it way around a rivet point (aversion*?

funbox

edit on 5-10-2014 by funbox because: fruit bearing wolves

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

but how does that explain the two different directions of travel within the range of 7 minuets ?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

the motion of that top globule is quite something ,almost undulating in appearance

hmm maybe the children of some of the larger models I may have pointed out in the past,

which brought me onto Char-lees notion of them being cleaners,

which leads me to the peculiar notion that they were bioengineered long ago in mars's past to do the housework...
seems like their hospitality extends to guest
marvellous !

funbox

edit on 5-10-2014 by funbox because: wolves bearing links

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

but how does that explain the two different directions of travel within the range of 7 minuets ?

What "two different directions"?

If we have two images then we have only one movement from point A to point B, the Rover didn't go back in time 7 minutes, back to the first photo, that only happens because the animation returns to the first image.

Edit: ignore the above, after looking more at the animation I finally understood what you meant (an image is not worth 1000 words).

I don't think those two objects are the same type of object, and we don't even know if their ability to move remained the same for the whole time.
edit on 5/10/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I don't think those two objects are the same type of object, and we don't even know if their ability to move remained the same for the whole time.

well we can only assume that the little globules at the end of the trails created the trails , its a good assumption given the amount there are

the trail in between the small trail and the trail that hit the pipe and went west

this trail, given its width, I can almost imagine travelling all away along the pipe mountings and leading to the afore posted image of the rivet avoiding conglomerate, *intelligently steered?* thing

any idea if this is the drill site or something else ?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

sol767 read haz

funbox

edit on 5-10-2014 by funbox because: link

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

any idea if this is the drill site or something else ?

No idea.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I'm thinking those marks were made by small dew drops that rolled over the rover's surfaces and, in some photos, are still visible, involved in the dust they gathered from the dusty rover's surfaces, as small "dust marbles" with a water nucleus.

If that is indeed the case, do not these photos represent the first clear images of moving water (water mud balls) on Mars?

edit on 5-10-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
If that is indeed the case, do not these photos represent the first clear images of moving water (water mud balls) on Mars?

Yes, but something similar happened with Phoenix, only on that occasion it was frozen drops that appeared on the lander's legs (I think).

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

do you have the links to the pics so we can make a comparison with ? how long did the droplets hang around for? long enough to map out the London underground?

personally I cant see there being enough time, the sun must only give a short window of time for these droplets to exist, if they are actually droplets

funbox

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

do you have the links to the pics so we can make a comparison with ? how long did the droplets hang around for? long enough to map out the London underground?

Look here.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

interesting , they do look like shiny globs of something,
and by the picture time stamps they hung around for an hour and a half.. any ideas to how long the sun had already been up for?

*edit*
just looking back at the time stamps, surely that sequence of shot wasn't at noon/afternoon ?

found a link to another case of growing spheroids, but this sequence was taken over 3 months, and unlike the hour and 45 minuet sequence of two nodules fusing the accretions take some time to grow by the looks

growing on legs

funbox

edit on 6-10-2014 by funbox because: time travelling wolves

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

interesting , they do look like shiny globs of something,

Well, they don't appear to be water globs, and could very easily be frozen CO2. The stuff we're looking at is much more likely to be good old water, since it apparently stays in some kind of liquid form -- CO2 doesn't really have a liquid form on Mars and goes straight from solid to gas. And the images we're looking at show that it remained physically intact and moved from one part of the rover to another without evaporating, even changing shape to do it. That means moving water.

Historical! But it doesn't count until we read about it in another thread or on Yahoo! News.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

on the left.

wtf?

______beforeitsnews/beyond-science/2014/10/mars-is-this-a-martian-weapon-2447740.html
edit on 6-10-2014 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join