It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Arken has a thread up with a lizard, a goat, and what seems to be either a jpg compression or a spoke creature. So far he hasn't listed what pictures they came from. The spoke creature is a good one, but seems to be heavily zoomed in on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48
I am referring to the bottom right side of the picture. Forgive me, I am no geologist. An untrained eye. Is this thread only for trained observers? I will gladly bow out if it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: Jonjonj

seems like it , the circular oddity in the rockface

linketh

funbox

It is rather odd isn't it? Quite organic looking and seems out of place. However as this hasn't seemed to create any stir I guess it's just ...nothing lol.

that ideology is age old , going along with whats popular , so many *truths* get created that way

but then lots of pictures ive posted have been given the silence and contempt they deserve

good luck

funbox
edit on 11-8-2014 by funbox because: chimera wolves get carbonised

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Rob48
I am referring to the bottom right side of the picture. Forgive me, I am no geologist. An untrained eye. Is this thread only for trained observers? I will gladly bow out if it is.

If you bow out of it we will find you and drag you back in. hahahahaha huh? There isn't a geologist in the bunch, we've been sorely lacking in professional eyes except for very few - there is a doctor who is very supportive of some of the spinal finds. So please, stick around and join the party. You may want to read some of the pages on this thread (or all of them if you have a week) to see what others have been up to, but essentially all we can do here is point out the things which we feel may have a slight but real chance of being a fossil anomaly (as well as finding interesting "faces" "anmals", and "yikes!"). Remember, Mars exploration is in its pioneering stage, and this thread and others like it are actually historical documents of that pioneering era (if you look at it from a historical perspective from a point-of-view of a century or so upstream). Good to meet you!
edit on 11-8-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Always sharp, brilliant and smart in your posts, Aleister.

As Usual

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

but then lots of pictures ive posted have been given the silence and contempt they deserve

On the other hand, mine are frequently ground-breaking, paradigm-shifting, earth (Mars) shattering in their obvious implications, so much so that the little rover thingy just puts the pedal to the metal and gets the hell out of the area before further, closer investigation blows everybody's mind. We're not ready. We have to work up to it slowly, find little bacteria first, let people get used to the idea. Then later we can spill the beans about the monsters.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Spring water:

edit on 11-8-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Red joystick:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Circles:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

did that rock wet itself ?

strange puckered looking cavernous entrance ?

a rock shart?

funbox

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
looks like the grey had a hard time restarting its rock-ship

sol 714

how is it that the sand ripples here are so defined against the pebbley rocky area ? if sand is blowing about to create these ripples then surely the nearby rocks would have some accumulations , or at least more than they are displaying in this photo.

sol 713

maybe something was blocking the rovers path

funbox
edit on 11-8-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

did that rock wet itself ?

Well, the implication would be that it's a flow of darker-colored dust being funneled down from a higher layer. However, it doesn't account for the indication that it has not really moved or covered the lower, lighter-colored dust, but rather simply darkened it, as you would expect from a liquid.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You guys are hilarious, I shall with much pleasure continue to read, absorb and learn all that is produced in this thread. And if, by any small chance, I see something, somewhere, that may blow your little cotton socks of then I will of course post!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

well , there's a shed load of new pictures to peruse , knock yourself out, but beware the pitfalls of pixilation , artifacts and blue its , they can be irksome and fleety.. beware the zoom , and stick to the roads , avoid the moors and may god be with you

fatmoonbox

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

so your saying the water seeped into the horizontal slippage, changing its colour ?

funBox

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

so your saying the water seeped into the horizontal slippage, changing its colour ?

That's what it looks like, although that is probably not what it is. And you can see from some earlier, faded dark areas, that it happens every once in a while.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

well if they kept the rover in this spot they could take pictures between the extremes , day evening night dawn , made a few comparisons as the temperatures changed ... that's a point , did the rover pack a thermometer ?

funbox

edit on 11-8-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

On the other hand, mine are frequently ground-breaking, paradigm-shifting, earth (Mars) shattering in their obvious implications, so much so that the little rover thingy just puts the pedal to the metal and gets the hell out of the area before further, closer investigation blows everybody's mind. We're not ready. We have to work up to it slowly, find little bacteria first, let people get used to the idea. Then later we can spill the beans about the monsters.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Spring water:

Alright, quite the find. If it were darker dust seeping down it would have accumulated at the beginning of the flow a bit more, you'd think. This is one of those 'maybe history making' finds. Did you come up with this yourself, or is it from another site? Great stuff, and if that's not water then I dunno. And the circles, really nice. If Robin Williams was on this thread and saw these new pictures he'd have waited a few days to stick around to see if that water one makes it downstream.

EDIT: And it really seems like an indention of sand on all sides of the "flow", as if it's happened before, maybe milions of times? It's posts like yours that make me wish for a geologist on-thread. But NASA and JPL must be aware of this by now, maybe even long before you broke it publicly. Good enough for the Hugo Award (Arkens Hugo, not the science fiction Gernsback trophy).

And there seems to be another smaller flow to the left of this flow on the original picture.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yeah, see, no posts on this for a few hours, and here you may have discovered flowing water on Mars (a one-percent chance of that for sure, does anyone not think that?). So maybe you should make an offshoot thread (we've had some doozies) and get more eyes on it and more minds coming up with explanations. Seems like the way to go on this one, imnho.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I really like the exact ends of the "stream" of whatever it is, near the bottom of your posted picture. Look how they narrow, and have little flow patterns on the ends (there are two prominent "ends" but it seems like in-between there are very minor overflows).

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

You tell a grand tale of sadness and woe. Interesting skull-lookie-likey too.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The flow picture again, the edges are really interesting when zoomed in on. And this may come up "It's a shadow, that's all, a shadow of a long rocky rock, that's all it is". Well, it isn't a shadow, that's obvious from seeing the entire picture. So what is it? You know, if NASA and JPL passed this one by without swinging back for another look, I may consider turning in my NASA secret decoder ring.

edit on 12-8-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join