It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
An interesting rock (geologically speaking) from Sol 690: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Colour-balanced by me:

We can clearly see different materials presenet. This rock has some characteristics of an impact melt. Another interpretation could identify it as a conglomerate that has had one exposed face polished by many millennia of wind blown sand.

I would have hoped for some MAHLI shots, to better detail and colours, but alas there's only this one Mastcam shot.

I find these types of objects a lot more interesting and worth looking into, than the rocks or formation that look like machinery or fossils.

Nice pic, thanks. Often when I look at the Mars potentials, I wonder what they would look like with the dust dusted off by the Rover. I don't think NASA has gone over and dusted any of the things that people are pointing out off. Even though this thread is on what is known as a conspiracy site, in reality it's that as well as a site for people to find out and discuss in-depth (if they feel like it) any subject under the sun - and the sun too! So if NASA doesn't know about this thread (actually, has anybody told anyone there? I haven't.), then they are missing some really good one-percent potentials of being very interesting. They have to be seeing some of these themselves unless they are very dense or are afraid to move a crazy-idea up-line (that 1 percent chance rule may be feasible, and not make someone look crazy - and I repeat, I never said it was a machine part - for fear of a career demerit when the sea-shell fossil on Mars turns out to be literally mud in his or her eye.

But if someone who knows someone who's Aunt is close to the top of the Rover food-chain, please mention this thread to them and ask them to at least think about going in and dusting a few of these what-its off? Why would you do that, and look crazy? That's where the communication link gets cut-off, maybe nobody at NASA has any idea about this thread. So we should analyze some of these things more in-depth, I submit for disapproval, new ones, old ones, things we've skipped over quickly in this thread to take another look at. Why should we do this? I dunno.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
More excellent pics of ----- Rocks.

Excellent user name, aye, rocks even the best ones be, I'm 99% sure of it on one level, but on another I feel like we've been on to something for quite awhile. So with those two levels co-existing, it's fun approaching this with humor, skepticism, interest, curiosity, with a dash of hope and expectation thrown in as the seasoning.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
But if someone who knows someone who's Aunt is close to the top of the Rover food-chain, please mention this thread to them and ask them to at least think about going in and dusting a few of these what-its off?

I'm afraid the Curisoity team aren't driven by the "hey, that looks artificial, let's dust it off!" mentality; they have strict scientific goals, centered around studying martian geology and environment. If they were to examine every object that looks anomalous (to the ATS crowd), the rover wouldn't get very far.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

and this is the same crew that didn't put rubber on the tyres

but in all seriousness they upgraded their mission objectives quite a few months back now , so officially they are looking for fossils, I wonder if that includes machine parts , trinkets, city's , lost tombs etc etc ?

funbox

edit on 20-7-2014 by funbox because: additional machine parts added for flavour and texture, wont the wolves be joyous !

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: Aleister

a very corroded engine of sorts maybe ?

you found that archaeologist yet , maybe a mechanic would be more suited

funbox

I'm not saying it's a machine part, I just want to make that clear for posterity of this thread - which could end up to be very important or at least noteworthy in the pioneering exploration of Mars. I do not think there are machine parts on Mars, although as I type this I realize that is wrong, the part of me that loves Ray Bradbury thinks there may have been an ancient (and by ancient, I mean beyond-original-grandma's time) civilization on the planet. Why not? It's been done before, by Earthlings, so who knows. But this particular rock, I don't know what that jumble pertains too, but it sure looks interesting. What geological forces did all of that, and is there anything similar on Earth (the planet formerly know as "Jamsssnfiakd" by the long-extinct Martians who came long before the Martians of Barsoom, yeah, Burroughs too)? Geologists anywhere paying any attention to this stuff? I dunno.

well Aliester, im thinking everything is possible , from the possibility that we're the kiddies, watching Punch and Judy , that there might be some weird extremophile's crunching their way across the landscape, might be partial to blueberrys for all I know
.. to the weird notions of advanced hidden alien cultures , outposts of sorts , playing a part in a dance that might have been going on for aeons and aeons . to plain ole still water clams

hmm I reckon its time to get the pot on the boil , I sniff gold country

funbox

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

But if someone who knows someone who's Aunt is close to the top of the Rover food-chain, please mention this thread to them and ask them to at least think about going in and dusting a few of these what-its off?

I'm afraid the Curisoity team aren't driven by the "hey, that looks artificial, let's dust it off!" mentality; they have strict scientific goals, centered around studying martian geology and environment. If they were to examine every object that looks anomalous (to the ATS crowd), the rover wouldn't get very far.

Of course they shouldn't dust every object that folks at ATS find, but how about a few of them? There aren't many that really make the grade, imnho, and of those maybe one or two a month could have been dusted. Do you recall any of our interesting objects that the Rover dusted off? The most they got excited over a Mars rock was when that one 'jumped' (i.e was tidily-winked over by a wheel) and they examined it like it was Marilyn Monroe's lost diary.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

unusual Rock formation /patterning .. seems like worked stone / crashed blue-it/ ripley elephant head ripoff

sol503 mast

funbox

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Alien cartouche. With pyramid!

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 30-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

just behind too

worth of the brush ?

funBox

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Finally, some new stuff. chuckling out loud at the pyramid symbol with the eye above the pyramid shown as well. Only an American contraption could have found that one, E Pluribus Martian.

funbox's Crushed blueit. Dinner!

edit on 30-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
worth of the brush ?

Nah. Here's a closer look at it:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Nah. Here's a closer look at it:

It looks like it was mostly another case of JPEG compression.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

edit on 31-7-2014 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Rock man.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Alert Richard Hoagland. Stop the presses. Does the internet have presses?

"Rock man" captures the true spirit of Mars. Rocks.
Now all someone has to do is put a cigar in his mouth and you'll have a poster to hang on your wall (or this post will make you want to hang a poster on your wall).

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

no cigars by the looks of It

funBox

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

You are a master of the gif, sir, and if prizes were given for most creative gif on the internet...wait...does the internet have prizes?

Nice work.

...edit...I wrote the above before I saw it blink. So it goes double, or I've just had a double. One of those.

...edit deuce.....Zoomed in on the original pic and darn if it doesn't have teeth.

edit on 31-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Prizes ?
a rock worth tinkering with, so much character ,cheers

quite an influx of pictures over the last couple .. I think a lot of the shots from yesterday were for a panorama, ;D

ive been noticing new colors too , ill see if I can find an example

funBox

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Rock Monster:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join