It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
An imaginative person might consider this a suggestion of evidence that the anomalies being found are not all just flights of the imagination.

Why?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Blue Shift
An imaginative person might consider this a suggestion of evidence that the anomalies being found are not all just flights of the imagination.

Why?

Different "fossils" being located in different strata, I believe was the implication.

Or different kinds of rocks weathering differently...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Why?

Seeing the same kinds of "fossils" at all levels would suggest that it's probably more in our minds than something that is actually there. Finding recurring shapes consistent with different levels could indicate that the shapes are more than just projections of our expectations. Similar creatures are found in the same levels.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

does this quite logical hypothesis stretch to multi dimensional seagull rock art too ? I hope we stumble across other animals rendered in this theme , mars is turning out to be quite a exhibition

funbox

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

I am having a hard time seeing a seagull, although this shy Martian E.T.-style little green man is kind of blending into the rockscape.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

That also happens with normal rocks, specially in with sedimentary rocks, as each layer corresponds to a different sedimentary era, so, even if they are not fossils, finding similar rocks at the same levels is something to be expected.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

"Shadow of"?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

that would be the 2d seagull Aliester , but you've cropped the beak off ! how's it supposed to whittle down the blue-it populace now ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

a stalking blue-it with a spear?

something with a long appendage?
you're confusion is the same as mine

well similar potentially

funbox

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I don't think that's a shadow, just the shaded side of the rock facing the camera, the same as the bigger rock closer to the camera.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That also happens with normal rocks, specially in with sedimentary rocks, as each layer corresponds to a different sedimentary era, so, even if they are not fossils, finding similar rocks at the same levels is something to be expected.

Certainly similar rocks are found at the same levels. But I think it's curious that similar "anomalous" rocks are also found on the same layers. Like if you had a layer of marbles that were all red and you keep occasionally seeing blue ones. Then you move up a layer to where the marbles are all yellow, and you don't see any more blue ones but you start seeing green ones instead. With the key being that we're looking for things that just to our subjective viewpoint seem out of place.

Of course it all boils down to determining whether something is "just a rock," or it's a fossil, and the only way to determine that is to focus on the odd rocks, stop the machine and run the tests. Unfortunately, that's really not happening.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Richard Hoagland Mars Warrior Skull

Hoaglands lord of the rings image to show the Mars Warrior

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jamie6737

Symptomssoftheuniverce found a convincing one too, hourglass eat your heartout

funBox

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In case you missed it:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

hmm looks like he got the wrong planet for a return.. not to mention a usable 3dimensional form..

did you notice the hexagonal coin shaped object where his chin would roughly be ?
o
and also another curiosity

funbox

edit on 11-7-2014 by funbox because: repair wolf

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

LoL

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
did you notice the hexagonal coin shaped object where his chin would roughly be ?
o
and also another curiosity

That's a Roman coin!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

looks more machined than hammered to me

but im hoping on clam country to return , a bed of clams would be a clincher, do you know of their preference to pressures here on earth ? are they found in the shallows , or maybe they have a wide variety that can be found glowing in the deeps too .

maybe we can plot some ball park water depths to the region , where water was and roughly how deep in certain areas it could get to .. this might help us understand the area and its make up

funBox

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

looks more machined than hammered to me

but im hoping on clam country to return , a bed of clams would be a clincher, do you know of their preference to pressures here on earth ? are they found in the shallows , or maybe they have a wide variety that can be found glowing in the deeps too .

maybe we can plot some ball park water depths to the region , where water was and roughly how deep in certain areas it could get to .. this might help us understand the area and its make up

funBox

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jamie6737

funBox

new topics

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join