It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, ArMaP has it right. That's the brush.

Of course, NASA being NASA, they can't call a brush a brush, they have to give it a zippy three-letter acronym. It's the DRT!

You can see it in action in this video:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Some spherical cannonballs to keep this thread ticking, very bottom left hand corner. mars.jpl.nasa.gov... inside a conglomerate pile

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
Some spherical cannonballs to keep this thread ticking, very bottom left hand corner. mars.jpl.nasa.gov... inside a conglomerate pile

I haven't done one for you for awhile, so here's the cannonball pile, not exactly round, and if shot from a cannon would flail in the air. I should get searching some of the pictures myself, haven't had a good one in awhile for lack of trying. And where did Char-Lee go? I hope she comes back for the Buttes.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

I haven't done one for you for awhile, so here's the cannonball pile, not exactly round, and if shot from a cannon would flail in the air. I should get searching some of the pictures myself, haven't had a good one in awhile for lack of trying. And where did Char-Lee go? I hope she comes back for the Buttes.

thanks aleister nice to see you. No good ones for a while. Iwas looking forward to a indepth look around those asteroids but shiny metal does not seem a priority.

I thought i had found a stone warrior but maybe not , bottom right mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
That whole area looks unatural to me, cannoballs or blueit balls?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
And a fossil like rock bottom right mars.jpl.nasa.gov... and

A dead marsimal at 9 oclockish mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 4-6-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just been searching youtube and found this m.youtube.com... i like this dudes work. He seems to concentrate on angles and his musics not bad

edit on 5-6-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Im quite impressed with freddy heres his channel m.youtube.com...
He has been doing this a long time with the looks of things

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
stop it at 6.50 and theres the number 31 quite clearly embossed on a rock. youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

stop it at 6.50 and theres the number 31 quite clearly embossed on a rock. youtu.be...

Looks very much like an imaging artifact to me. Notice how the lines are totally horizontal and vertical, and not only that but they exactly fit within a single 8 x 8 JPEG compression block:

Extreme zoom, showing individual pixel boundaries:

Original image is here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48i thought it was too good to be true.
This guys done loads of vids, i like this one

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This image has loads of potential anomlies , and yes armap, a black rod sticking up from the ground mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I think curio has stumbled into an interesting area. So much for the rapid transit,curio seems to be heading away from mount sharp. And where are those shiny"meteorites"?
I always thought meteors were black

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse

Interesting area, indeed. I believe the 'black stick' is just a crack in the rock, if we're talking about the same thing (9 o'clock-ish, left of center).

Yesterday, I made a panorama from the latest sol 646 MastCam images (of which the image you posted is a part):
www.gigapan.com...

The formations & features there look a bit different from what we saw during Curiosity's trip on recent sols. Will have to look into that again later on but thought it might be worth posting the link.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse

Interesting area, indeed. I believe the 'black stick' is just a crack in the rock, if we're talking about the same thing (9 o'clock-ish, left of center).

I don't think it's a crack, it's just the shadowed right hand edge of a squarish rock that is lying a little way in front of the similarly coloured long rock behind.

Adding a bit of contrast, you can just about make out the outline of the rock:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

is that mars giving us the middle finger ?

funBox

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That's a brilliant panorama !
Some interesting area's.....looks like a lake or river running across the top of the images ?
a reply to: jeep3r

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

Much appreciated, Lambros. The background does look a bit like a river due to the dark-coloured sand and the typical windblown patterns on the dunes (with less elevation than where Curiosity is now).

The larger stones in the foreground look interesting to me, IMO they display some erosional features that are rather distinctive ... perhaps I could be more specific in what I mean if we had some MAHLI close-ups of that area.
edit on 7-6-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: this thread

Looks like we're going to get a "drive-video" of Curiosity with a straight down view from the MARDI descent camera. It's been the the biggest upload of images to the MARDI archives since Curiosity's landing:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looking forward to the final clip, should be cool watching Curiosity kicking up dust on the martian surface!
edit on 7-6-2014 by jeep3r because: formatting

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This thread is great I think rocks .......well ROCK !

Put your hands up if you wanna be an archeologist on Mars ....yeeeeah

Now hands up for earth .... Noooooo

edit on 7-6-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Disturbed ground just left of center we have twisted rod/pipe, mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Heres the other csmera image mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Explain that kind of rock/erosion/mineral vein armap!
This bendy rod/pipe is the smoking gun in my oppinion, wahooooooo
edit on 9-6-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Disturbed ground just left of center we have twisted rod/pipe, mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

That thing close to Curiosity's shadow?

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join