It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
Some extremely white stuff under the rock near the center mars.jpl.nasa.gov... ice cream?

I see nothing extremely white (or even just white) on that photo, what am I missing?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
Some extremely white stuff under the rock near the center mars.jpl.nasa.gov... ice cream?

I see nothing extremely white (or even just white) on that photo, what am I missing?
under the biggest rock at the center of the image. Looks like styrofoam

Edit ,its the sun shining on a rock,soreeeeee. Darn illusions
edit on 29-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Rob48, I think I always explain myself quite clearly, and even too much most times, as those from this thread would confirm I'm sure hehe,. But just to offer the whie flag of fairness,
we can skip on to your question, a JPG (as you already know), is just 1 of a few file formats that we get from them. . but if you take one and "assign profile" or use color options: Shift+Control+K ( IN Photoshop), and what I have been doing is scrolling them with the first one highlighted in drop down menu and just picking one. The colors sometimes collide with the color data in these images and when it does that, things will just vanish in the image... decloaked, but It is far from something I usually did before, so it is a lot of tinkering and changing contrasts , saturation, exposure/contrast, and even going back and assigning another, but different color profile and see what happens. It WILL expose things immediately with just a few minutes of work.

Blowing up the image with a very good program I have used before in digital photography is Perfect resize pro 7.5 and I turn off and lower anything that will "add things" so it doesn't do that, the screen is set to show a before and after of what it is doing so you wont have problems with the integrity of what you are looking at.

These images appear to have messages in them too, I have found patches with notes and have found peoples calll signs, someone named
Seabag
Elaine
Brian
Data
Char
and some others, which is a signature that includes a year like '59
In the messages I have read 7AM EST and "You did a great job!
the smal messages are harder to bring visible.
Every layer of content within these seem to be hidden until you use the correct amount of light, contrast, exposure strngths, very specific to these factors as if it is a key.
What would be a better way to transmit classified mesasages than to use graphics files and just hacking the file would never give out a thing that way.
They would have a special viewer software that would already be coded to open one of these to reveal hidden material and they would have a secured way to get their messages back and forth... Brilliant if you ask me.
Hope they dont swat me at this point haha..

I am working but will have time asap to post some findings..

Cheers

edit on 29-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
This is a u2u exchange between myself and drphilxr. Bold added.

We are finding some very good items on the anomalies thread, mostly sea shell like things imbedded in rocks. But here is an odd one, and I wish there were more than just one. Does this have any vertebrae like similarities at all, or is it just an interesting shape (I mean the one on the left which I've rotated in another pic underneath. Don't even look at the smaller rock on the far-right.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks again!

please feel free to post any of my replies and thankyou for asking.

the 2 rocks bear striking resemblances to vertebral bodies (for the left) and even the lamina (dorsal elements) on the right of a vertebrate spine. i do this all day and night, and these are STRIKING. they look like fossilized bones, 'petrified' if you will. i cant imagine a natural rock formation mimicking vertebral body complex 3d anatomy, it has bilateral symmetry as well....

dr phil

Thank you. I may make a separate thread on this object, to get more opinions. Appreciated. I'll post your response on the anomalies thread, please let me know if I should redact your name.

EDIT: I've redacted drphilex's real name and where he works, although he may consent to have it added. He has over 16 years experience in his field, and is a published physician. Note that we are saying that there are similarities between the objects and biological-specimens, not that they themselves are biological-fossils.

Source (GigaPan)

I've made a separate thread on the topic to get more input and analysis. Please come by and post there, as well as here, its home thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder what those two pieces of " rock " would look like if they were joined together ?
Maybe someone could do a little bi of work on it.......

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hi all,

another odd looking rock

Seems like the rover intentionally made a 'run around' that rock)

Here is the sourse of that picture.

It just seemed to me having odd geometrical properties. Likely its nothing.

edit on 29-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

????

But look at that full picture though. When did the rover get onto a flat featureless plain as far as the eye can see???
edit on 30-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

????

But look at that full picture though. When did the rover get onto a flat featureless plain as far as the eye can see???

I think that is an image from Opportunity, not Curiosity.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

????

I think that is an image from Opportunity, not Curiosity.

Oh. Never mind, and thanks. /*goes back to where he came from, to pop his head out another time*/

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The rover team has a different idea of what is interesting than I do. I'd rather see them dust this shrimp off instead:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 30-4-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Good find. I wonder if they had things like the pistol shrimp, which I learned here recently is the loudest creature in the ocean. And as usual, Mars looks really nice underneath the dust. Check out that aqua-marine blue in the source pic.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Yes, this is came from Opportunity.

Is this circle left by rover's drill or something, or it is genuine artifact?

This is the source image.

Thanks)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
According to the URL that image was from sol 1377. Here's what Opportunity was doing at that time:

During the past week, Opportunity completed scientific investigation of the second band of rocks, known as "Smith," with an analysis of elemental chemistry and iron-bearing minerals beneath the surface of a rock exposure labeled "Smith2." To do this, the rover collected data with the alpha-particle X-ray spectrometer Moessbauer spectrometer, respectively.

Source: www.marsdaily.com...

So yes I would imagine this was the result of the rover abrading away a section of the surface of the rock to expose a fresh surface for analysis.

Here's an example of a hole made by the RAT (Rock Abrasion Tool) :

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
From sol 614.... CLEAR EVIDENCE of censorship!

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Either that or the 2001 monolith fell over.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Odd. Monolith probably. Or an example of a non-light on Mars. I don't think if they were trying to censor they'd be so clumsy about it, but I'm not a censorship expert.

edit on 1-5-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

According to the URL that image was from sol 1377. Here's what Opportunity was doing at that time:

During the past week, Opportunity completed scientific investigation of the second band of rocks, known as "Smith," with an analysis of elemental chemistry and iron-bearing minerals beneath the surface of a rock exposure labeled "Smith2." To do this, the rover collected data with the alpha-particle X-ray spectrometer Moessbauer spectrometer, respectively.

So yes I would imagine this was the result of the rover abrading away a section of the surface of the rock to expose a fresh surface for analysis.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

thanks. So, the 'alpha particle inspector' leaves footprint into solid rock during probing?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
and this kind of drilling should leave some sort of a residue, no? Where is it? The wind could have blown it away but if the shot was taken immediately then we still should have seen the product of the procedure, no?
edit on 1-5-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

yes. you are right. just dust layer imprint from the instrument.

2nd line...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If you look at that image name (1P250428111EFF8788P2277L2M1) you can see that the photo was taken on site 87, drive 88, and the rover was on that place from Sol 1329 to Sol 1382.
(Information available here)

During that time it examined (at least) two targets, "Smith" and "Smith 2", and looking at the individual Sol overviews we can see that the RAT was used on Sols 1334, 1341*, 1346, 1347, 1348+, 1350, 1368, 1370* and 1373, with Sols 1341 and 1370 having "grind" operations and Sol 1348 a "brush" operation.

As it looks like a RAT mark and the RAT was used on that site, I think that's what we can see on the photo.

edit on 1/5/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange
thanks. So, the 'alpha particle inspector' leaves footprint into solid rock during probing?

No, but the rock must be cleaned first, otherwise they will be analysing the dust and the outer layer of the rock, that has been exposed to the Sun and cosmic radiation for who knows how many years, if they want to analyse the rock they must drill a shallow hole to look inside the rock.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: darkorange

No, but the rock must be cleaned first, otherwise they will be analysing the dust and the outer layer of the rock, that has been exposed to the Sun and cosmic radiation for who knows how many years, if they want to analyse the rock they must drill a shallow hole to look inside the rock.

Yes, thanks.

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join