It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
At the end I think we can see some other things moving more or less in the same direction, so I suppose that's one of Mars' moons, smaller than what we can see on the photos from the Mastcam because the Navcams have different lens.

Funny that the other stuff isn't elongated as you would expect from a time exposure.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Funny that the other stuff isn't elongated as you would expect from a time exposure.

Yes, but that's expected if the elongated thing is Phobos, as it move very fast, with 7 hours 39.2 minutes orbits.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Armap, nice Gif..how can i download it as an animated gif, or can't i?

You can, just like any other image, usually right-clicking the image will show you a menu with the possibility of saving the image, but not all image viewers show the animated GIFs as animated, they show only the first image of the animation.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

And if it is a comet or meteor, it's the slowest one i've ever heard about!

Too slow for a meteor but have you ever seen a comet?
They don't really change position in the sky from hour to hour, except as the Earth rotates.
edit on 4/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yes, but that's expected if the elongated thing is Phobos, as it move very fast, with 7 hours 39.2 minutes orbits.

I'm looking at the small spot of light to the immediate right of the larger object which appears to be moving just as fast as the larger object, but isn't elongated. I agree with you, though.
edit on 28-4-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks, opened it up in Irfanview.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

a reply to: jeep3r

That one needs an animated GIF.

At the end I think we can see some other things moving more or less in the same direction, so I suppose that's one of Mars' moons, smaller than what we can see on the photos from the Mastcam because the Navcams have different lens.
good find jeeper. Very weird indeed. I hope that thing is not on its way to earth!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

holy crap that 'rock' on the left looks very very much like a vertebral body-

part of the spine of a vertebrate animal....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Im sure someone can find out where phobos and deimos was in relation to curio at that exact time? Nasa can,they captured them both together,and eclipsing! m.youtube.com...
edit on 28-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: drphilxr

holy crap that 'rock' on the left looks very very much like a vertebral body-

part of the spine of a vertebrate animal....

Thanks, that's one I "found" on the pic and jeep was kind enough to crop it from the gigapan. Just last week I was using it for my avatar, after turning the picture "face first".

The u2u that you sent me, mentioning that I could reprint it, was it about this particular "vertebral body" lookalike, both the pics in the link, or about this one and Arken's spine? Here it is again - seeing it from another angle does it change your opinion? Thanks for coming to this thread, it's a good place to find some very strange but interesting objects in addition to the very strange (and interesting) people who inhabit it!

Here's Jeep's imaging of the two objects, which were quite close to each other:

Source (GigaPan)

edit on 28-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

you mean the fainter light that appears as if from nowhere and tracks to the right diagonally from the long bright streak ?

this might call for an animated gif blowup

funBox

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The borg has sent a probe mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
The borg has sent a probe mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

That must be what happens when the fake layers don't have enough digital glue to cover the CGI scene.

Or it's just a problem with the transmission of the data.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Some extremely white stuff under the rock near the center mars.jpl.nasa.gov... ice cream?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is a u2u exchange between myself and drphilxr. Bold added.

We are finding some very good items on the anomalies thread, mostly sea shell like things imbedded in rocks. But here is an odd one, and I wish there were more than just one. Does this have any vertebrae like similarities at all, or is it just an interesting shape (I mean the one on the left which I've rotated in another pic underneath. Don't even look at the smaller rock on the far-right.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks again!

please feel free to post any of my replies and thankyou for asking.

the 2 rocks bear striking resemblances to vertebral bodies (for the left) and even the lamina (dorsal elements) on the right of a vertebrate spine. i do this all day and night, and these are STRIKING. they look like fossilized bones, 'petrified' if you will. i cant imagine a natural rock formation mimicking vertebral body complex 3d anatomy, it has bilateral symmetry as well....

dr phil

Thank you. I may make a separate thread on this object, to get more opinions. Appreciated. I'll post your response on the anomalies thread, please let me know if I should redact your name.

EDIT: I've redacted drphilex's real name and where he works, although he may consent to have it added. He has over 16 years experience in his field, and is a published physician. Note that we are saying that there are similarities between the objects and biological-specimens, not that they themselves are biological-fossils.

Source (GigaPan)

I've made a separate thread on the topic to get more input and analysis. Please come by and post there, as well as here, its home thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse

Is the rover doing cartwheels now?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Tri-fold clam. Why not? It's Mars.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
More sea life:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 29-4-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse

Looks like it's probably Phobos:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh, here's another one from the same image:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Barnacles. Really too big to be blueberries:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 29-4-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Oh, here's another one from the same image:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
i was affraid it was phobos.....

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join