It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Are the rocks at 5 oclock transparent? mars.jpl.nasa.gov... just above the very bottom of the image
edit on 27-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
Are the rocks at 5 oclock transparent? mars.jpl.nasa.gov... just above the very bottom of the image

No (Lord have mercy), but what a cool image when it's enlarged and just looking at the rocks and mountains! I thought for a moment of using that for my wallpaper.
edit on 27-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

No (Lord have mercy), but what a cool image when it's enlarged and just looking at the rocks and mountains! I thought for a moment of using that for my wallpaper.
yes its a good one alright. Full of anomolomolimlies
But those slate like rocks are deffo transparent!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse
Which ones? The flat ones just look like they are reflecting the light from the sky, based on the angle they are lying at.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That's one of the most interesting images that's been posted for a while......
In my opinion....

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56

That's one of the most interesting images that's been posted for a while......
In my opinion....

You said it, buster... (it looks even better larger, zoom zoom to your heart's consent)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

its an odd looking section , are there any colour photos? .. messed around with levels, see gif ... looks like you can see the outline of the shadow of the rock behind , through the horizontal streak..

funBox

edit on 27-4-2014 by funbox because: reanimatedpic

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

its an odd looking section , are there any colour photos? .. messed around with levels, see gif ... looks like you can see the outline of the shadow of the rock behind , through the horizontal streak..

funBox

Thanks funbox, thats the glass/rocks. Maybe armap can explain this one?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Hmmmm, ok, maybe I "spoke" too soon. ... or it's a seam in the rock on top and the illusion of transparency is an extraordinary coincidence .... or, clear crystal of some kind.....or, and the most likely explanation....

Whatever it is, good eye symptom.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Hmmmm, ok, maybe I "spoke" too soon. ... or it's a seam in the rock on top and the illusion of transparency is an extraordinary coincidence

Bingo.

If you look at the left camera image taken at the same time, you can see that this is precisely what it is. A ridge in the foreground rock coincidentally aligning with the edge of the rock behind. A nice illusion though!

Left cam image: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And comparing the two views:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If it's from the NavCam we have two photos, from the left and right cameras, so we can get a stereo version.

PS: I don't have the time to make an anaglyph, I'm already late for work.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
If it's from the NavCam we have two photos, from the left and right cameras, so we can get a stereo version.

Indeed - in fact we have at least four photos of this rock, because it's visible in at least two pairs of navcam images: the ones you used there are different from the ones originally posted and give a more distant view. It's clearly just a neat illusion caused by a ridge on the flat rock.

edit on 28-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks rob and armap
i have said it before and i will say it again "i must not trust my eyes" lol.

I saw a report that suggested mars had liquid water as little as 200000 years ago! Earlier on in the thread i summised 100 thousand years. I will try and find the article,but i may have dreamt it all up.

Haha www.sciencedaily.com...
edit on 28-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling
some wild musings here www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Here's a thread on the 200,000 years-ago theory, and your surmise of 100,000 may be as accurate. Both a good eye and a good brain.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleisteryou make me blush aleister lol but those kind words should refer to yourself.
Jeeper is on the ball again. Thanks for the link,

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
a reply to: alienreality

On a far side of this image is also some very tall skeleton of something and it is quite unique but it is obviously a joke as is everything else in the image, there is even a corner where some creatures are um doing something and then in plain english is the word "gay" as plain as it was just typed here

Could you provide a link highlighting this? I've looked at that image until I went cross-eyed and I can't see it.

Anomalies thread crew, sorry I haven't answered replies, but I'll have more time off soon, but for now Ill post a few samples and do the rest later.
If I can get time after wake up Rob48, I will be happy to do that which you requested, because I'm sure it will be funny to find what is hidden around that thing underneath the landscape where all the programmers have left enough evidence to have all of NASA permanently defunded.
But i have that already.
Here are some snapshots of another image that I just remove the rendered layer covering the ground hiding most everything else they don't want you see, like the artists /programmers 3d meshes of terrain and all the rocks (the rocks are all actually critters, dogs, cats, bunnies, birds, martians, all kinds of cretins right here for you to see, all made in secrecy somewhere...

files.abovetopsecret.com...
larger snapshot as file link, these 2 small ones jusrt pic.
files.abovetopsecret.com...]
You all really got to see these in my large versions to see how truly complex these are and I have learned why these are made with so many layers with repeated odd critters, and some are used many times in the very same image. proof positive that I was right all along , but I have had a talent for seeing through big deceptions since I was a kid, so ill leave it at that...
Back later and I hope you can see how that larger sample shows enough folks how the sand dunes there, once unlocked, shows how fabricated it all is... The sand dunes look like a parking garage for dant'es hell!
< this one reminds me of you Rob48
< he so funny being right all the time

I think this guy in the thumbnail pic is actually called model E7 since it is written on him.
Dog "a" and "B" are really popular in the main image though.
OH, Rob48, when did you want to start mowing my lawn?

PS the trick about this is being able to seperate the layers apart by contrast or other ways so that you just sere "one" face of what is there, because it is made so there are many faces to see at the same time which is what pareidolia is about, and once dismantled, you can see that it was designed to fool us and using our own sense of logic and reason against us. Because the claim will be pareidolia when alll along it was manufactured, probably by some virgin pink daiquiri drinking punks at the NSA.
edit on 28-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alienreality

Here are some snapshots of another image that I just remove the rendered layer covering the ground hiding most everything else they don't want you see, like the artists /programmers 3d meshes of terrain

You do realise that these are JPEG images, right? And that JPEGs don't have layers? And that you can't "remove layers" in a single-layer image?

Perhaps when you come back you could tell us all exactly what steps you did, using which software, to get those images? Because to me it looks like you just went crazy with the "Detect Edges" function or something, and once you start doing that you can find just about anything you want in any image, until you have barely the faintest correlation with the original.

As an example, I just took this picture of Earthly sand and rocks: thumbs.dreamstime.com...

Then we ENHAAAANNNNCE and ZOOOOM....

and end up with all kinds of weird and wacky things

It proves nothing!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

You obviously are a NASA shill, or maybe even the person who melded the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the entire roster of the 1931 Philadelphia Athletics into the above picture (which one? take your pick!). Then again, funbox found Fred Flintstone and the grue, and I found a dog or two, so maybe alienreality is on to something.....(or on something)....either way, the fun is in the discovery and the theories, so there's that.

An example:

edit on 28-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

PS: I don't have the time to make an anaglyph, I'm already late for work.
have you got a link for those images? Im interested in the bug eye rock at the bottom of the image. It stands out in the cross eye version

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Rob48, I do hope YOU realize that it doesn't matter what you say because I have already shown proof that these were all rendered in a earth based location unless we have people doing 3D modeling off planet? because these were all made with wire mesh models and then rendered in in different stages and the layers you don't really know hack about would all be merged in the final image anyway...

LOL No more biscuits for you now, you just proved you know nothing.
We are all done. I just don't have time to waste on someone who doesn't care about learning anything and only wishes to show displays of knowledge without having any..

new topics

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join