It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, as I've said, I don't like stratified layer areas, because I think they're boring, and they don't usually contain the things I'm looking for:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

funbox
the red rock being the reason of the red shadow , as you indicated ?

Yes.

how so , wouldn't the gap in shadowand stone/lizard t=0e show that it was not the cause ,,.. unless it was a basking leg of course

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Blueshift , that is by far the greatest anomaly found yet , and I believe you know exactly which one im talking about ;D great find , ide do a blow up but ...

@aRmAp

I mean , the shadow and shadow creator that you've exampled , the shadow creator/rock/arm of lizard , to me it doesn't look like it creates the shadow you have also indicated ..

im sorry, im still a little mind snapped at the aforementioned anomaly

anomolyBox

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Which anomaly are you thinking about here?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There's a new thread about indications of past life being found in earth glass made from a meteorite impact, and a wondering if glass in Gale crater may be analyzed the same way. So my question, there and here, is there glass in Gale Crater? I haven't seen or remember reading anything about impact-glass being seen. Here's the link to the new and interesting thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: this thread

A potentially interesting feature on a MAHLI Snapshot acquired on Sol 585:

Source Image

Slightly reminiscent of holothuroidea spicules, IMO. The cropped section above is slightly zoomed (125%) and contrast-enhanced/white-balanced. More information on holothuderia can be found here.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Which anomaly are you thinking about here?

The one that's only for mommies and daddies.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I kind of thought so, but didn't want to seem like a pervert (being one and seeming like one, two related but curiously separate things). Darn, I thought it was a real fossil find.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I know I said I wasn't going to .. but the sudden arrival of gif juice
ahh , it had to be done , such magnificence

verticalstratificationBox

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Darn, I thought it was a real fossil find.

Could still be. We'll never know.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is kind of an interesting coral tube like thing:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a tube with a right angle , a nice spot , maybe its a clay pipe of sorts ?
how though , in all seriousness does a structure erode or form like this ?

funBox

edit on 19-4-2014 by funbox because: wolfish ones

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
This is kind of an interesting coral tube like thing:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Yes, per funbox, how does such a thing erode or form? A question for geologists among us (where are they? btw). It reminds me of my college days, back when....but never mind. This is a very good find, BlueShift tees another one up and knocks it on the green.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

ill take a wild guess from an geologist standpoint , ahem ahem

*funBox shuffles into some beige*

temperature inversions over time cause gasses to burrow and expand varying materials, pressures forming tubular like formations within, gasses under fluctuating pressure react to internal molecules where pressure's are most torrid , creating a hardening of the walls , burrowing glasing gasses so to speak ! snark snark

*funBox hastily steps out of the beige and burns them red*

funBox

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

whew, I was getting worried we would never have a geologist join us. Who knew we had one here all along. Thank you Prof. funbox, a very good explanation, and maybe you can bring the object up at the next symposium....and bring it up again....then pass it around for all of us to......see.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
in all seriousness does a structure erode or form like this ?

Well, to debunk myself a little, it's probably not really the shape it looks like. There are a couple of other objects near it that look kind of same. Like this one:

It's a layer of sediment that has eroded on the edge to make it look tubular. Then there's one of those holes at the end that a blueberry fell out of. They're all over the place. Makes it look like the hole goes all the way through, when it really doesn't.

So much for my chance at fame and fortune for discovering a(nother) excellent Mars fossil. Maybe Arken can generate more excitement about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I see from funbox's pic that it's a very tiny pipe. Again, there is no way to know if the hole goes all the way through and up into the "stem" or it's just a coincidence that the hole is on both ends and placed near if not if the exact middle. A nice find nonetheless and, yes, I will await Arken's discovery of it and the ensuing thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has ever seen this but here's a small pic and also link to original...

my cropped part isn't that good, but the original shows it without any changes.

The anomaly is at the very top far left side of image. I have found a few things like this that are on the very edges of a few images.

original

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hi all,

On this picture seems like something is sticking out or attached to the side of the stone at 5 o'clock.
Can you guys take a closer look and comment please?

That stone appears on other shots taken that day.

)

edit on 21-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And one more

Here looks like there is some sort of an object resembling a metal hook sitting on the top of the stone at 7 o'clock. No? )

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join