It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

is that the shadow formerly known as 'wrench'?

funBox

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

looks a bit honeycomb-ish , ort maybe they are wounds from a vicious attack

Source Image

Getting back to this interesting find by symptom (thanks to funBox for cropping it), I think those honeycomb-like erosion patterns do stand out in a way. IMO they are remotely reminiscent of hexagonaria colonies.

It's probably nothing like that and the detail-level/resolution is of course much too low. But, as usual, I just couldn't resist pointing to yet another marine comparison!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Thank you for the marine-biology similarity, good eye, and an affirmation of funbox's time in the water before he evolved into land mammal. aye.

And from the same source picture, is that bisecting ridge and those rippled sections normal in a rock, or am I on some kind of Martian-sea voyage without a rock paddle?

An oldie (an oldie now, time flies when you attract flies).....

....but at least now we know where that guy lives....

...even though it's got a weird black hanger-on hanging on its home

edit on 3-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Skull shrimp not on the barbie:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Skull shrimp not on the barbie:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Pretty cool. Skull shrimp, desert Jellyfish, we are fillng up the marsquariums.

This one is worth a thrice-over, nice find. If we didn't know the "wrench" was a lighting anomaly it could be the rigid tail of a larger version of this skull shrimp's tail.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by jeep3r

Thank you for the marine-biology similarity, good eye, and an affirmation of funbox's time in the water before he evolved into land mammal. aye.

Had a decent laugh there, well-versed ... although I'm sure that funBox's evolutionary path is much more related to the mythical & legendary "Land of the GIFs"!

Meanwhile in Sol 588, another interesting rock with (very faint) curved patterns & features:
Source Image

Image has been white-balanced & contrast-enhanced (no zoom). Could be concretions again, but perhaps we'll see a MAHLI shot of that later on ...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How about this dudes- mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Remember those weird tracks? Just below center is imo whats responsible. Tubes,pipes or roots? The tracks are caused by collapsed tube/pipes/or roots that imo eroded at a different rate than its surroundings.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

I can't seem to find it on the source picture, unless my eyes are just roving over it without seeing it. But that un seems to be a pic anomaly for sure, when blow-up is at 300 there're all kinds of lines and gif distortions going every which way, at least imnho. I don't know about the rounded shape though, seem to be lots of round things imprints in rocks on mars, as if balloons had floated into the rock-soup and sat there as it cooled.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

This?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
How about this dudes- mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Remember those weird tracks? Just below center is imo whats responsible. Tubes,pipes or roots? The tracks are caused by collapsed tube/pipes/or roots that imo eroded at a different rate than its surroundings.

Your root pipes tube, what a specimen! As well as a fine looking circle thing over on the left of the picture. Lots of concentric half-circles in that one, which somehow seems better for the thread than finding whole circles. Edit: This is enlarged already, and I just blew it up to 300 percent and both anomalies seems to be holding their own without distortions around them, please give the pic a zoom and see what you guys and gals think:

Here's the whole pic it came from, lots of weird tracks and stuff in this one (a cross for those who want to believe, in a rock - roll away the stone!....?) that's one crazy criss-crossed terrain, and its got something for everyone, the channel people, the sea shell folks, the rippling creature fans, and just what is that rectangle imprint? I first thought the Rover had stuck a lens in there or something, but haven't seen that shape from the rover before. An almost perfectly cornered rectangle imprint in the gound?:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Looks like it. I thought Jeep said no zoom, Jeep, what magnification are you looking at these things at? I had my zoom at 300 and it didn't look as large as your pic yet. Signed, Confused in Calcutta

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Thanks aleister. The tubeworm thing may be a trick of the light,we need a closeup. Good find with the ring a thing.

Heres a funny rock directly under curioses lense. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Heres the worm again mars.jpl.nasa.gov... bottom, and a couple of ring things at 5 oclock, polo mints

edit on 3-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added extra info

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And whats this between the wheels? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

From your cited picture, the ring kind of falls apart, although the rocks and channels still seem to make concentric half-circles. The object you like, the "cigar" is on the right and still looks good, they seemed to have gone over to take a look at it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by ArMaP

Looks like it. I thought Jeep said no zoom, Jeep, what magnification are you looking at these things at? I had my zoom at 300 and it didn't look as large as your pic yet. Signed, Confused in Calcutta

Yep, that's it and it's indeed unzoomed if you compare with the fullsize source image (the width is just reduced in ArMaP's post to fit on this page). On the source image, that particular rock also lies in Curiosity's shadow and I sometimes go by and change the color levels to see more.

By that I mean white-balancing the cropped section and adjusting the histogram to get the maximum contrast stretch without harming the original image information. In this case, I admit that it's a very faint (natural) pattern but it's the kind of rock, which I'd love to see up close ...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Speaking of funny looking rocks. I wonder what the odds are of finding two identical rocks lying only a few meters away from each other? Taking into account that we're viewing them at slightly different angles, they look to be the same size, color, shape; and they both have holes at their centers!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AnomalysMonaLysa

Like A rock has been altered slightly and cloned to another position , turned on an angle, and used like an artist would paint with a slightly different shade, that little bit under the tree, *dab dab* ,there , perfect

funbox

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

those markings are reminding me of the trench from a while back.

funBox

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Are you sure that's a trench, or a shadow of a really long short rock. The way shadows walk around on Mars you'd think the rocks themselves were shadows, Plato ducking into a cave to find some lunch.

edit: minute later, I have a feeling today will be a good day for mars finds....Plato cooking lunch in a cave type of day
edit on 4-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

jeep3r

Aleister
reply to post by jeep3r

Had a decent laugh there, well-versed ... although I'm sure that funBox's evolutionary path is much more related to the mythical & legendary "Land of the GIFs"!

Meanwhile in Sol 588, another interesting rock with (very faint) curved patterns & features:
Source Image

Image has been white-balanced & contrast-enhanced (no zoom). Could be concretions again, but perhaps we'll see a MAHLI shot of that later on ...

actually I was found down the arm of a chair and nurtured till I was big enough to peck eyes out for myself

taken in by my mother and father , they raised me on cuttlefish and kept me safe from the savage cat lady and army of cats next door,..which turned out to be a great feast in later years

funBox

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join