It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This looks like a basket! i think I can see squares of light from netting?
middle on the full size picture. Toward the bottom.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looks like another shell.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 26-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

them white lines appear quite often , I surprised ive not seen more comment about them , maybe I missed the thread

funBox

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

So many interesting things, I wish I had control of that poor rover it would be running here and there and looking at things...well maybe it is they must get curious also, but the photos we see are just blurred enough so you can't be sure what you are looking at, it is addicting looking though, just threw away this whole day!

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 26-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

What did you think of that buried basket looking thing? Is it really a curved rock and I imagine seeing little squares of light inside? is it light on the outside end of it maybe?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

ahhh curved , I know what you talking about .. one sec

?

funBox

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Looks like light inside like a mesh screen to me. Thanks for blowing it up.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

funbox
its the time of day Armap , the shadows are shallow from a high sun, hmm so how so the long shadow?

I didn't say a thing about long shadows.

if that line is truly the base of the rock, and being the shadows the way they are on all the other rocks .. what makes this rock so special?

I didn't say that line is the base of the rock, I think you are mixing things up.

What I said was that the rocks is almost all of the dark shape and that the shadow was the line between the rock (the dark shape) and the ground, comparable to the other rocks' almost non-existent shadows.

In the following image, the rock is marked in red, the shadow is the line below the rock.

Edit: I forgot to say that the trail is not a trail, as you can see that part of it is in front of the rock. Areas like those, looking like "rivers" of dust are very common on Mars, they usually start between two rocks, the wind probably flows between the rocks and deposits the dust in those areas. That is also common on Earth, even on the beaches, I have seen that many times on windy days.
edit on 26/1/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I understand what you mean now ARmap thanks for the clarification, , I don't think the red you have filled is all rock, it looks to me as if there is a line halfway between what you have shaded that indicates the bottom of the rock.
ill do some more looking and see if I can see through your eyes

its funny , because the more I look at that picture the more inconsistent the shadows seem between rock in the fore mid and distance ill see if I can illustrate this tomorrow , but im marsed out!

finBox

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

0520ML2046000000E1_DXXX
502, 964,
Is this your basket object?

---------- see also in the referenced image --------------

939, 1157, Precise Symmetrical Markings-Carvings - A Precise & Perfect "W" with symmetrical "X" below it.

602, 920, Apparent Damaged Wheel-Valve Handle

1339, 591, Object with IsoscelesTriangular Face with Symmetrical Face Design

684, 87, Small stacked or tower object... possibly 2-5 feet high, Symmetry, "Not a Rock"=NAR

616, 1101, Fitting of some type... face flange with a 90 degree elbow pipe out center radial

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzDengue

No but that looks really interesting also!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

ahh one more before kip , this is addictive *waves at Buzz*

them Mayans sure could travel

fin2Box

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Someone has mentioned to me the possibility that BuzzDengue's find - pictured by funbox's photos and gifs - may be a meteorite. Can we have a discussion about this possibility? I'll post a couple of funbox's images again:

edit on 26-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

In the center of this photo

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hard to see but doesn't this one look similar?

part under the large flat rock left center

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Hard to see but doesn't this one look similar?

part under the large flat rock left center

Another one? And this one has the rim too. It does look similar, and augments another one next to the "Little Green Martian" (the LGM is still awaiting clarification as to "just what kind of rock is that?"). Which picture did this come from, can you post the entire pic. I will curb my enthusiasm yet again and await your next post.

Here again is the blah/maybe/huh? spoke thing flanked on the right by its guardian, the Little Green Martian:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Seems I keep thinking I link the photo and it is not showing, trying again!

Left of and slightly below center the object is slightly under the large flat rock.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Aleister
Someone has mentioned to me the possibility that BuzzDengue's find - pictured by funbox's photos and gifs - may be a meteorite. Can we have a discussion about this possibility?

How can we know the difference between a rock that was already there and a rock that feel from the sky just by looking at the photos?
The only thing I can say is that the area doesn't look like an impact crater, but the rock(s) could be pieces of a larger meteor that broke up on impact.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The rim seems real enough, and some of the inner contents with the middle vug. Are there any meteorites which have any of the characteristics of this object, or all of them, when broken open? I too thought of the lack of impact crater, unless these are part of the original meteorite which created Gale crater itself or one of the nearby craters.

I'm just trying to cover all bases, and the person who raised the question to me is probably doing the same. A meteorite as the origin of the object that Buzz found can't, as you indicate, be ruled in or out, as there is just too little evidence with just the visuals we have. I haven't researched meteorites which have fallen on earth to see if there are such detailed structures inside, and if there are, can someone post examples? Thanks.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Char-Lee

Seems I keep thinking I link the photo and it is not showing, trying again!

Left of and slightly below center the object is slightly under the large flat rock.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I see it there. It doesn't look very large, at least the part which isn't covered with sand (and of course there's no way to know if it even goes under the sand, the Robert Heinlein "fair witness" should be used on all of these things). I wonder if NASA is even looking at these "spoke" objects, let alone estimating (or more likely knowing quite accurately, if they are looking) their size.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Shadows follow the terrain they land on and to me the area the shadow is on is on a slope away from the base line of the rock I drew.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join