It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ahhh good stuff , I hang in bated anticipation of your panoramic melody of anomalies

an hour?, poor workhorse , I feel for your computer

a momentous day today, im on my 42nd folder, chock full of mars anomalies, around 10 anomalies a folder ...
I sense the answer is closing in

Have you any questions for Jesse ArMaP ?

funBox

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

He'll probably plug the book but not dwell on it, he won't have time with the questions we'll have.

An idea: when you think of your question maybe you can do one of your patented fb gifs, one pertaining to the question. He'll either laugh and hire you for his show, or hunt you down like a dog and.....ask for more gifs.

don't tempt me, although I can do a decent impression of his voice

funBox

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Char-Lee, good to see you scrounging around in the sand again.

Always here with the star for you guys :-) Just nothing much to say atm.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

AnomalysMonaLysa
reply to post by Char-Lee

Found this last night, and it piqued my interest. Any thoughts?

Did you have a link for that I can't quite see at that size?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

less sayin , more looking
, especially in your msg inBox

funBOx

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There are interesting prints all around this are. I think the surface has a crust which most time does not show any tracts until something breaks the surface. Couple of examples.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The panorama of Sol 580 is available here.

The image below is a small part of the panorama, where the interesting things I noticed while saving the images are.

(click here for the full size, 8887 x 5086, 75 MB version of the image below)

That area that looks like the result of some liquid flow covers more than one photo, so here's the whole area.

(click here for the full size, 2424 x 3384, 13.6 MB version of the image below)

Looking at the whole image now I think it's possible that what we see here is the dust covering a crack in the ground, but that means that the crack affects more than just the broken slabs at the top, and doesn't explain (at least I don't see how) the look of the bottom part of that "carved" feature, as it looks like it has risen edges, something I don't see could happen if it was just a covered crack in the ground.

Now, the individual photos with things I find interesting (only the links it would take a long time uploading all images to include in the post).

Micro dunes, a small landslide and a slightly darker area.
0580MR0024071260400121E01_DXXX

Small landslide with an interesting break pattern.
0580MR0024071650400160E01_DXXX

More small landslides with interesting patterns
0580MR0024071660400161E01_DXXX
0580MR0024071670400162E01_DXXX

Another crack in the ground?
0580MR0024071920400187E01_DXXX

More mini landslides
0580MR0024072000400195E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072010400196E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072020400197E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072040400199E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072050400200E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072060400201E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072070400202E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072080400203E01_DXXX

Another flow
0580MR0024072510400246E01_DXXX
0580MR0024072520400247E01_DXXX

Another one?
0580MR0024072590400254E01_DXXX

Now some thing I cannot understand what may be and why it looks to be in the Sun or why is so much brighter than the rest.

Original

Enough for now.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Looking over this one and not even zoomed very much past 100 and have found a lot of mechanical things, even bolts and fasteners with heads.. Stuff that looks like wreckage from aerospace vehicles, like carbon fiber honeycomb type prepeg..

Just a few samples I am pointing out below, but the main image linked has hundreds of anomalies.
The "sheet" metal that is bent in a compound sort of "U" or "C" shape has on the inside edge, a strengthening strip a few cm wide or less following the edge and it also has small holes or marks like spot welding marks every few mm.
The other piece marked with that crummy arrow upper left, has a fastener and washer right on the flange surface, and the rest has triangle length bend on top, and rectangle bend on bottom of the shape.. like small bends to make the shape..

Added: That little strip on inside edge of the object on the right side of image is difficult to see in this small image , better to look at full res linked images probably..

I worked with these kinds of parts for many years at Boeing and know how they build aircraft and space vehicles, and some of the junk I am finding looks very similar to manufactured aircraft parts.. The more I look at this, the more I am convinced that These items can not be found in nature but must be artificial. Plus working with sheet metal since '76 helps me identify a lot of details in these objects that mimic manufactured sheet metal 100%.

. Just seeing the shape with the fastener and round washer on a flange bend (flange tab is the triangle tab on left with fastener and washer through it. And just below that, you can see how a whole flap of metal has been bent all the way forward. Some of these pieces of alleged metal have those 1/4" tabs bent over to give more strength just as you would see in many sheet metal products here. There are other pieces of metal scraps nearby in this same little image with holes and weathered breaks along seams.. Seems totally unreal.

There are also bolts with hex heads lying on the ground in a few places , and there is a box like object with a absolutely perfect hexagonal hole in one side.

panarama-Mcam-Sol538-WB

edit on 30-3-2014 by alienreality because: added

edit on 30-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

These items can not be found in nature

Well earth nature, here I where we need to be careful as this is not Earth. Different forces and atmosphere.

Most of what looks odd to me I think looks like normal rocks to most we seem to ll look at things different.

Well these things i think are off the normal in this photo.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Are those legs or artifacts?

This just looks like a creature to me

Growth

Pie shaped edges

edit on 30-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Beautiful panorama! Wish my screen was larger to see it all at once.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

AnomalysMonaLysa

Found this last night, and it piqued my interest. Any thoughts?

The three round ball like objects I wonder if the shine is real on those.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

True, but relativity shows us by spectrometry that all of our solar system's planets are made of the same materials pretty much common to our own sun, so, physics and such are the basically the same throughout our solar system and galaxy, unless I am mistaken.. I do know that geology and other planetary characteristics and such can be way different and we can see some unique geological manifestations on Mars that might be seen on Earth, but I actually haven't heard of anyone discussing that idea too much.. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to believe Mars can cook up some strange rocks though, that's a given..

In my post earlier I mentioned a box shaped thing with a perfect hexagon, but this object is not in that little sample image in my earlier post, but can be found in that linked page to Nasa..

I know sheet metal from working with it and I don't see how (I know it still could though) Mars could produce facsimiles of finished (but weathered, broken, etc) Sheet metal products that have perfect geometry like 45 degree bends, and 90 degree bends with straight edges. and other compound shapes like a pie wedge cut out from a hollow TORUS shape (which is the object on bottom right of my earlier little sample image., 1/4" tabs following edges, fasteners with washers on flange surfaces, and a host of other interesting details that are only common to sheet metal, metal fabrication, manufacturing, and not common to rocks..

It might all still be rocks, I don't know. I just find those complex shapes and how some of the things I am finding are perfect replica's of things I have made and worked with for the last 38 years, namely mechanical things like gears, levers, pulleys, sheet metal, plate metal, angle iron, aluminum channel etc.. Things you would see in a aircraft manufacturing factory..

Hey at least I am having fun talking about it, and checking out the images
plus it is cheap entertainment. I think I passed that characteristic to my daughter because I used to just hand her some boring item like a comb, or a small stick of wood, and she would be entertained all day from that haha!

Cheers and Cheers

PS If this is really true about all this metal rubbish, the implications are pretty staggering, and I'm not really ready to embrace that one yet.. Chasing a dream is more fun than catching it sometimes

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Do things look the same in the original image?
Those panoramas always have too much contrast.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I read Nasa's "description" of those things in that image, and they say it is "wind erosion" Except some of that (looks like written language) and there is no wind erosion near it, the rocks are smooth everywhere else, so I don't know if I believe them yet.
In other words NASA is saying that wind erosion polished some rocks, and left a horizontal column(s) that looks like ancient Sumerian script on a few rocks in a certain area of mars.. Yeah right.. but, (I suppose anything is possible though where nature is happening)..

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes, all I did was load the big tiff and then crop out that smaller little image sample, and I did save it to a jpg, but the original image is the same, maybe a tad bit clearer.... but I didn't do any sharpening or resolution enhancing, so the original should pretty much look the same, it seems to when I look at it, but my eyes are getting a bit on the tired side..
Using PS..

edit: I hope I linked the correct big image that I used, I did double check just before posting this morning, I'll check again.. It was in a bunch that were just different resolutions, and I thought I grabbed the biggest file..

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm with you!

Anyway if there are metal objects the must be unique because the atmosphere is too acidic for them to last on the surface I believe.

I know sheet metal from working with it and I don't see how (I know it still could though) Mars could produce facsimiles of finished (but weathered, broken, etc) Sheet metal products that have perfect geometry like 45 degree bends, and 90 degree bends with straight edges.

The thing is I have seen now hundreds of sheet metal look alikes and after seeing so many I have come to believe that yes it is some strange form of rock. I have seen just about every type of manufactured looking part from screws and nuts, bolts to things like your box. There are so many! Not to forget my found coin with design on it.

because rocks are clearly different than what I am used to, I have decided the only way we could think advanced life would be to see things like engraved items with clear type of writing, sculpture but not the ones that I believe i have seen that are too shattered to be sure of.

If anything is left on the surface as far as life, after the environment has become so harsh I feel it would be hard shelled, built to extract needed moisture from the soil or reach it under the ground, insect types are the tough guys here so insect like of any size I am thinking. there is acidic environment and solar radiation, they would not be like our little critters.

Enjoying your finds, we actually never know do we what circumstances may make things possible, at this point there is still a lot of mystery!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

This link and image were what I used before, I was mistaken in that I thought I had a big tiff file, but it is 11 meg jpg. Still good I hope. I am checking out your link now and seeing what else I can find..
original-jpg

I'm uploading to my images, but since it's 11+megs I probably shouldn't put it in post..

Thanks Armap

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The image you linked is definitely different than anything I have seen yet as pertaining to that same scene, partial scene..

That image seems lower resolution and much more light washed into it? Anyways, that image I used the first time I hadn't messed with color or light/dark etc. just the crop..

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Char-Lee

I'm with you!

Anyway if there are metal objects the must be unique because the atmosphere is too acidic for them to last on the surface I believe.

I know sheet metal from working with it and I don't see how (I know it still could though) Mars could produce facsimiles of finished (but weathered, broken, etc) Sheet metal products that have perfect geometry like 45 degree bends, and 90 degree bends with straight edges.

The thing is I have seen now hundreds of sheet metal look alikes and after seeing so many I have come to believe that yes it is some strange form of rock. I have seen just about every type of manufactured looking part from screws and nuts, bolts to things like your box. There are so many! Not to forget my found coin with design on it.

because rocks are clearly different than what I am used to, I have decided the only way we could think advanced life would be to see things like engraved items with clear type of writing, sculpture but not the ones that I believe i have seen that are too shattered to be sure of.

If anything is left on the surface as far as life, after the environment has become so harsh I feel it would be hard shelled, built to extract needed moisture from the soil or reach it under the ground, insect types are the tough guys here so insect like of any size I am thinking. there is acidic environment and solar radiation, they would not be like our little critters.

Enjoying your finds, we actually never know do we what circumstances may make things possible, at this point there is still a lot of mystery!

]

I'm still playing catch up with getting to the real deal with interpreting a lot of the alleged things seen in these NASA images, and I got something peculiar here, it was a rock from that same original linked image that I did the last bit on, and the rock is broken in half by the rover itself, and on the newly exposed broken edge of this rock appears numbers and letters, which means something haywire must be going on with the data transmissions? something can't be going right.

Check that original linked image in full and you may see a statue head and there is a seam right where the head goes on the neck, and the head looks carved, but of course this one I'm not sure if it is anomalous, maybe not even close, but it looks interesting... It is exactly those details that throw me way off, like the neck line where a head goes on.. and if just rocks, then these rocks should know better than to try and fool everyone by mimicry of real things haha..
I guess that sums it up, the details being found, mimic real objects and so they have the ability to fool me that way.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

alienreality

True, but relativity shows us by spectrometry that all of our solar system's planets are made of the same materials pretty much common to our own sun, so, physics and such are the basically the same throughout our solar system and galaxy, unless I am mistaken.. I do know that geology and other planetary characteristics and such can be way different and we can see some unique geological manifestations on Mars that might be seen on Earth, but I actually haven't heard of anyone discussing that idea too much.. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to believe Mars can cook up some strange rocks though, that's a given..

In my post earlier I mentioned a box shaped thing with a perfect hexagon, but this object is not in that little sample image in my earlier post, but can be found in that linked page to Nasa..

I know sheet metal from working with it and I don't see how (I know it still could though) Mars could produce facsimiles of finished (but weathered, broken, etc) Sheet metal products that have perfect geometry like 45 degree bends, and 90 degree bends with straight edges. and other compound shapes like a pie wedge cut out from a hollow TORUS shape (which is the object on bottom right of my earlier little sample image., 1/4" tabs following edges, fasteners with washers on flange surfaces, and a host of other interesting details that are only common to sheet metal, metal fabrication, manufacturing, and not common to rocks..

It might all still be rocks, I don't know. I just find those complex shapes and how some of the things I am finding are perfect replica's of things I have made and worked with for the last 38 years, namely mechanical things like gears, levers, pulleys, sheet metal, plate metal, angle iron, aluminum channel etc.. Things you would see in a aircraft manufacturing factory..

Hey at least I am having fun talking about it, and checking out the images
plus it is cheap entertainment. I think I passed that characteristic to my daughter because I used to just hand her some boring item like a comb, or a small stick of wood, and she would be entertained all day from that haha!

Cheers and Cheers

PS If this is really true about all this metal rubbish, the implications are pretty staggering, and I'm not really ready to embrace that one yet.. Chasing a dream is more fun than catching it sometimes

Since the topic of sheet metal was brought up, and you are very knowledgeable in this area, I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on this object. To me it looks like some type of metal edging or skirting. But the real kicker is where the corner seam has come apart, leaving two perfectly straight edges (see red arrow). Also the object on top of it looks way too reflective to be a rock. FYI this is directly above the doll/numbers image I posted previously.:

edit on PM3201403pmSunday1448Mar2014 by AnomalysMonaLysa because: (no reason given)

Oh and I forgot to mention the odd markings on the rock in the bottom left of the pic. Here's a closeup that been extremely lightened for contrast.

edit on PM3201403pmSunday1406Mar2014 by AnomalysMonaLysa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join