It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

AnomalysMonaLysa
I've just recently joined ATS in the hopes of getting some input on the "anomalies" I've found while viewing certain images (Moon landing, Mars Rover) on the nasa.gov website.

Welcome.

These discoveries are really bothering me, and I need your help either corroborating that what I'm seeing is indeed real, or to let my know, in the kindest language possible please, that I'm off my rocker!

I cannot guarantee that it will be in the kindest language possible, but I can guarantee that I always say what I think should be said.

However, to my chagrin, when poring over a recent image entitled: PIA17931: Martian Valley May Be Curiosity's Route photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
I seem to have stumbled upon evidence that the Curiosity Rover never made it to the red planet, and is, in fact, located somewhere here on Earth!! This is literally one of the last things I expected to come across in my exploration of the "Martian surface":

I have said it several times, but I will say it again: all things point to the rovers (all the ones that are supposedly on Mars) being really on Mars, both the geology and the meteorology point to some place not on Earth, so I think your interpretation of the photos is not correct (is this kind enough?
).

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnomalysMonaLysa

Hello, and good to meet you. Let me assure you that the Rover is on Mars, right now, this minute, showing us Martian stuff. Anything you find on those photos is from Mars. You have some oddly shaped rocks there, and you have added to the collection of oddly shaped rocks. Martian rocks.

Welcome to the fun house, and you will "learn to discern" and someone (ArMap and others) with better skills than I at knowing what rocks their world (and by world, I mean Mars). Rock on!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
that might be it...yet the surface of that stone doesn't appear to have any...

I was thinking about the things to which the arrows point in the following image.

I've been browsing the raw images section...unaware that there is a "better" version location.

Point the way pretty please.

Sure.

The PDS Imaging Node is the place where all the processed images of almost all NASA (and other space agencies) missions are stored, available to everyone. The only problem is that the images are usually stored in a format used only by the PDS, but there's an official viewer (NASAView) that can convert the images to GIF or JPEG. For some missions (like Curiosity) you can use the more user-friendly Analyst's Notebook, where you can also see and download the photos in JPEG format.

Edit: I forgot to say that the images on the PDS are updated every three months or something like that, that's why the more recent photos are not there.
edit on 28/3/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

Don't worry...I see it too

You'll just have to suffer in silence until Obama comes and admits it

No, Sir! I shall be silent no longer. It is high time that we raise our voices in a communal shout that will be heard around the world. One thunderous voice that refuses to be silenced until "the powers that be" provide us with a satisfactory explanation of these anomalies!

Now, Who's with me?!!?
..........anyone?..............
SIGH!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

AnomalysMonaLysa

MarioOnTheFly

Don't worry...I see it too

You'll just have to suffer in silence until Obama comes and admits it

It is high time that we raise our voices in a communal shout that will be heard around the world.

By "world" I assume you mean Mars.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

By "world" I assume you mean Mars.

If you take those quotation marks and place them on either side of the word Mars, I guess I do.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

if your not from Mars , this cant't be your buried spaceship then

mast-sol582

do you have any links for your pictures presented , I might be totally wrong , but I don't rememeber seeing one

***Box

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Aleister

Hello, and good to meet you. Let me assure you that the Rover is on Mars, right now, this minute, showing us Martian stuff. Anything you find on those photos is from Mars. You have some oddly shaped rocks there, and you have added to the collection of oddly shaped rocks. Martian rocks.

Welcome to the fun house, and you will "learn to discern" and someone (ArMap and others) with better skills than I at knowing what rocks their world (and by world, I mean Mars). Rock on!

Nice to meet you too. And I do respect your opinion, but I honestly have a very hard time believing that some of these objects are naturally occurring rock formations. Case in point: I know the object is tiny but if you look closely...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

funbox

if your not from Mars , this cant't be your buried spaceship then

mast-sol582

do you have any links for your pictures presented , I might be totally wrong , but I don't rememeber seeing one

***Box

I'm not sure if this is directed at me or not, but you can find the full size image here photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov... Here's a scaled down version, with arrows pointing to the area where I found these interesting objects.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

yes I followed the link you had with you're first post , its not the same picture as the one you showed in your post, where the link to the picture you cropped that piece from ?

***Box

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

ahh that's the one

looks like you've found another phallus

a thread alone could be done on them ... would you like to be the OP?, you seem like you got the balls too front it

funBox

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

funbox

yes I followed the link you had with you're first post , its not the same picture as the one you showed in your post, where the link to the picture you cropped that piece from ?

***Box

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. The catalog page has about 5 downloadable images: some lower resolution jpegs and some very high resolution tiffs. All of these are basically the same image. Upload the figure 1 Tiff for clearest picture and best resolution.
I've adjusted the exposure in most of my pics, to make out the objects more easily.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

ahh don't mind me , I can be a stippler for links, just ask MrShift, ive been badgering him this whole three months , sometimes I just think he does it for kicks and giggles , but you .. you had put up a link that was not the same as the posted picture with it ,, that's when I started to *sniff sniff*

have you being paying careful attention to the angle of the sun ? looking at your asserted lettering , from the previous pictures I reckon its created by light and shadow, unless some little baby blue-s/he-it , left his spelling set around , to my understanding of the blue-it race , they quite fastidious in keeping things in order

don't mind me though, im as crazy as one of the extremophile rocks lifeforms that occasionally pop up

funBox

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

funbox

ahh that's the one

looks like you've found another phallus

a thread alone could be done on them ... would you like to be the OP?, you seem like you got the balls too front it

funBox

Thanks a lot funBox! Now every time I look at that pic the first thing I'm going to notice is that donglike rock! Not exactly the kind of anomalous discovery I was looking for from my fellow ATSers.
I don't know what an OP is..do tell. As far as starting a "phallic thread" I'll leave that honor up to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

a pleasure inuendoing with you , any time

unfortunately the honour of my first thread will goto Charles Fort (if you exclude my intro thread), so unfortunately that's not going to happen until I finished the opening post =O.P,
.. its been quite some time in the making

funBox

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I was thinking about the things to which the arrows point in the following image.

Huh...you know that does really resemble the thing in the crack...I wonder what kind of substance it is. Some mineral perhaps ?

Sure.

The PDS Imaging Node is the place where all the processed images of almost all NASA (and other space agencies) missions are stored, available to everyone. The only problem is that the images are usually stored in a format used only by the PDS, but there's an official viewer (NASAView) that can convert the images to GIF or JPEG. For some missions (like Curiosity) you can use the more user-friendly Analyst's Notebook, where you can also see and download the photos in JPEG format.

Edit: I forgot to say that the images on the PDS are updated every three months or something like that, that's why the more recent photos are not there.

Beautiful. Thank you Armap. I'm interested to see some of the older suspicious pics, in better quality.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Has anyone seen the strap or belt like thing in this image(s)?
The image at bottom shows the belt a lot better.. Plus zoomed in on the object in your image with the red arrow is a perfect hexagon shaped decal or whatever, it looked square at first, but I see a hexagon in there when zoomed. it's a different color and hexagon shaped like a stamp or something.

Following the piece marked by the red arrow shows a very fibrous belt like thing, plus it also looks like there is a metal box with a roundish rock inside it near all of this. the material seems thin like weathered metal, and the belt like thing has stringy hairs hanging or sticking out from a few places..

I am not seeing any of this in other places on the same images, just up in that one area like a place where some junk ended up.

This one just above you can clearly see the ribbon like wave or ripple in a belt like material, plus it even has a grain to it throughout the length of it that looks like the old cloth belts of the '70's and 80's, and still even more is the end is cut in a perfect pointed taper. Up in the top most image a couple inches left of the red arrow the metal box like material is odd as well and on top of it has a thin stringy strand. If there is another explanation besides an anomalous one, I'm open to it. Hard to get over seeing some of this stuff, like that splined shaft image I showed back a ways. Looking in other places of these images there are more instances of the belt like stuff and same sized...
edit on 29-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Looks more like another Mars lizard to me! But I do see some "petrified wood" in the background.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Charizard
reply to post by funbox

Looks more like another Mars lizard to me! But I do see some "petrified wood" in the background.

Whoops, did somebody say "Mars lizard"? When those words ring out across ATS I tend to drag out this little gal. She eats rock flies and rock mealy-worms.

and funbox, your newly-anticipated thread on Charles Fort sounds like one to stay up late for, go go go (Chuck would be proud).
edit on 29-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Belatedly welcome, I'm sure you're in very good company here!

I can understand that your interpretation of the rocks sometimes reminds you of things we also find here on Earth. IMO, a lot of the rocks at Gale sometimes look like heavily eroded junk of a past civilization or bits & pieces of fossils and the like. And who knows, perhaps that's what it really is. Only time will tell ...

The problem is that most of the interesting features are more than often located in the mid- and farfield of Curiosity's cameras. That's usually not close enough to make out the very fine details (in terms of resolution/pixels/shading) that would be required to clearly identify such items, based on visual evidence alone (also see this post for more details).

So while we're continuously adding to a collection of potential anomalies that, in summary, might contribute to making a good case for past and/or present life on Mars, the constant scanning for possible artifacts and anomalies is all we can really do at this point in time. But that, we do with great enthusiasm & passion!

P.S.: Again, a warm welcome to this board and I'm very much looking forward to all your upcoming posts & threads ... !

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join