It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just shows you how imaging artifacts can creep in.
Interesting "cap" layer, though.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-3-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

that whole piece is very jagged too , internal structure dictating erosive pattern?

funBox

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

it might if we could see the image it was taken from , but to me that picture doesn't looks resized in the slightest , as for artifacts , I see none , looks like one of your 100% cleans

funBox

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
While I personally doubt that anything ever evolved enough on Mars to have a backbone, this looks a bit like a fossil vertebra of some kind. Good, clear place for a spinal cord to go through.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

im waiting for a few choice downsamples to come through too , how do you cope with the anticipation ? ahh , 50's B movies

I used to be a horror enthusiast , but these days films feel like a repeat of a repeat

funBOx

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

funbox
ahh , 50's B movies

That's what I watch on Saturday nights.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Some strange erosion pattern on the rock at 6 ish oclock. Looks regular hexagonish
Oops mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-3-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

looks a bit honeycomb-ish , ort maybe they are wounds from a vicious attack

the perpetrator/s ?

sol581

funBox

edit on 27-3-2014 by funbox because: addlink

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by TWILITE22

are you saying you have found another bust? a matching pair so to speak

if you can refind the link , ill get a museum on the go , almost a venus de marslo

funBox

sorry I took so long to respond but yes I've found on the images of big rocks that's been seen all over curiosity's pictures
I don't know how to get a screenshot of the rocks, I'm not very knowledgeable with computers. They seem to be random rocks but to me there is something odd about them I noticed protrusions or smooth(like the one posted) lumps on quite a few rocks that are questionable. I also noticed that they have a mid-line seem running up the middle of the rocks either it's a anomalies or nothing and I'm just seeing things that are not there. Actually I'm surprised no one has noticed them yet.
I'll look through the pics to see if I can post them.

edit on 28-3-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Thanks, and I for two am waiting with bated breath for more rock pictures like those that funbox found. Magazines will be lining up like they didn't when he found his, and people from around the globe will be breathlessly awaiting those globes. The more the merrier.

funbox, those last rocks you found seem to be scraping the bottom of the rock barrel, except for the one with the mareptialian crocodile-type face and strange scary eyes staring into our soul.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Again some very interesting features, leaving us with yet more questions & anticipation ... all I can add is perhaps this arrangement of curved streaks on a chunk from sol 553:

Source Image

There seem to be many of these on that particular rock, I just highlighted a few rather obvious ones. IMO they look a bit different than the feldspar crystals (?) we saw in a similar rock some weeks ago. As usual, any expert opinion on this would be highly appreciated ...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

its been so long ive completely forgotten , have you got a picture or ten?

@Aleister , indeed sir the bottom of the barrel are where the best rocks are

but in all seriousness , the one rock cracked me up , the other was me, keeping my open for more of these rock bathers , vampires etcetc

@ArMaP

%0's B's too
,I sence another gof coming on , I wonder who would win out of a contest

*picture pending gif juice*

knackeredBox

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dropping in you freaks...

Your opinions on this strange feature. A cracked large stone no doubt. But what's that lodged in the crack... ?

Might be connected to that bolt looking thing on top. It looks as though it has some markings...

Also...the thing might be what caused that crack in the first place.

Sol 133

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sol 133

Also...please examine the linked photo...I know I'm being over enthusiastic here...but there appears to be a dark patch...like a liquid of some kind. Notice how it spreads...

More to the right there is evidence of dripping liquid that left a white..perhaps calcified trail
edit on 28-3-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

The thing in the crack looks like those other "C" shaped white things on the rock's surface, maybe those things are harder than the rest of the rock, so when the rock broke the "C" shaped white thing remained in place.

The "bolt" thing at the top of the rock reminds me of some of the fossils I found here in Almada.

The dark areas in the other photo look like the darker, bluish sand.

As those photos are from Sol 133 they are already available in the PDS, in better versions.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I've just recently joined ATS in the hopes of getting some input on the "anomalies" I've found while viewing certain images (Moon landing, Mars Rover) on the nasa.gov website. These discoveries are really bothering me, and I need your help either corroborating that what I'm seeing is indeed real, or to let my know, in the kindest language possible please, that I'm off my rocker!
The reason I was looking at the Mars images in the first place is that I was hoping, like many of us here I'm sure, to discover some small relic, proof of a previous Martian civilization, that the airbrushers and photoshoppers over at the NSA....oops....um...I mean NASA overlooked.
However, to my chagrin, when poring over a recent image entitled: PIA17931: Martian Valley May Be Curiosity's Route photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
I seem to have stumbled upon evidence that the Curiosity Rover never made it to the red planet, and is, in fact, located somewhere here on Earth!! This is literally one of the last things I expected to come across in my exploration of the "Martian surface":

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The thing in the crack looks like those other "C" shaped white things on the rock's surface, maybe those things are harder than the rest of the rock, so when the rock broke the "C" shaped white thing remained in place.

that might be it...yet the surface of that stone doesn't appear to have any...

The "bolt" thing at the top of the rock reminds me of some of the fossils I found here in Almada.

I just now realized you're from Portugal...

As those photos are from Sol 133 they are already available in the PDS, in better versions.

I've been browsing the raw images section...unaware that there is a "better" version location.

Point the way pretty please.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnomalysMonaLysa

those are interesting to say the least.

Clearly artificial objects. Good catch. And good you came here...or you would have been stoned

I'm curious to your conclusion though. I would rather put my money on evidence of former or current civilization living on Mars.

What makes you think immediately they are not on Mars ?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

And good you came here...or you would have been stoned

LOL Yes, I've noticed some people tend to get rather angry when faced with evidence that radically goes against their beliefs.
But I didn't come by this theory lightly. I truly wanted to believe that the rover was on Mars, and I'm utterly heartbroken and disappointed to think that it's not true and we're being duped.
Here's pretty much the same image, without the outlining.

What I make out is the numbers 3, 4, and possibly 2. The 2 being partially obscured by the arm of.....sigh....ok here goes.......a doll..or an action figure. I know it sounds crazy, but I can see it quite cleary.
Here's another image of the surrounding area, labeled as to what they look like in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Don't worry...I see it too

You'll just have to suffer in silence until Obama comes and admits it

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join