It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks. Yes, it has a "Pnt Screen" button. I've never looked at I before, and if I've pressed it it was by accident. I'll play around with it at some point soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

jeep3r

Aleister

GigaPan Source
wanted to put Jeep's spoke potential from the same gigapan here again, as it is quite interesting and presented very well (by Jeep and by the sun).

Much appreciated, Aleister ... by chance, I stumbled across something that I would consider the closest match to something we also have on Earth (provided that the feature above is not just a reflection of the sun). Here's the back part of a fossilized cupuladriid bryzoan:

Fossils of tiny cupuladriid colonies reveal extinction can lag more than one million years after its cause

A new Smithsonian study that examines 10 million years of the evolution of tiny coral-like organisms called cupuladriid bryzoans has revealed that some species of this organism lingered on earth for more than one million years after the event that ultimately caused their extinction: the rising of the Isthmus of Panama. The extremely long period that elapsed between the rising of the isthmus and the actual disappearance of these animals is causing scientists to reassess the eventual impact modern habitat loss and environmental degradation may have on organisms whose populations have been reduced and are currently under stress.

The irregular outline with spokes and the roughly triangular fragment (centerish) from where the colonies regenerate does look a bit similar. Although very unlikely, I thought I'd just point to this analogy ...

It does indicate that nature has at least a blueprint for something like a spoke, if they existed on Mars. Thanks. Did you check out the other one, the one where you can likely see the outline if you darken the screen or tip the screen back until it darkens. And this one you found, I don't know what you mean by a reflection of the sun, it seems pretty solid and uniform around the edges, and just happens to be nicely lit by the sun (Thanks Sol!). When we get a few more of these really good examples it may be time to put a post together linking all of them. I think we've all found nice examples of the spokey in close up photographs now, but need a few more close ones to convince some people that there is an even one-percent chance that they are actually fossils of some kind of a past life form on Mars (I hold to my one-percent rule, that if a potential has a slight one-percent chance of being something, it's well worth the time we spend here diving into this former lake/sea).

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I just couldn't resist

funBox

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

funbox

I just couldn't resist

Nor should you have. Both the u.s. and the illuminati have now found their true mascot/spirit animal.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

, they can send me a check, ahh by the way , any news on that Chinese fishing boat ? ive had to resort to feeding of junkmail, do-able , but not great being thirsty all the time

funBox

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

By coincidence I got a report just this morning on that - the boat seems to have run aground a few times while trying to leave the dock. Here's a pic from the latest update, but they tell me it will be off and sailing again within "five, ten minutes".

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The first image i clicked on tonight mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
some interesting stuff imo i.e fossils

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I c a couple of backward C's , is that what you was referring to 2

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

By coincidence I got a report just this morning on that - the boat seems to have run aground a few times while trying to leave the dock. Here's a pic from the latest update, but they tell me it will be off and sailing again within "five, ten minutes".

'ran aground'?
looks like im going to have to send a fleet of fisherPrice harpooners , don't worry Aleister. I can help guarantee the voyage's safe journey

funBox
edit on 27-3-2014 by funbox because: a small unidentified U.S.O leaves port and heads East

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

You saw the same as me funbox,i think they qualify as potential anomaly. The round one remands os a barnacle. Thanks for the zooms.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

very well worn ones if they are a barnacle type creature, but then if they were stuck to the rock in more aquatic times, died and then erosion eroded away the top part , I think there would only be a C part left to see.. im also going to keep my eyes out for more O's ,but then, I think we've seen a few of them already.

just hada look , seems like a mega-influx at mastcam sol580

funBox
edit on 27-3-2014 by funbox because: add link and text

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
looks a little odd , kind of bonish in colour

sol580

funBox

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

You know, maybe it's something like those that will make a marine biologist, on his lunch break surfing the net and accidently coming upon this thread (he will have searched for "Mays anomalies", being a lifelong fan of American baseball great Willie Mays but, because of a mustard spill, have mistakenly typed a "r" instead of a "y"), spit up his coffee and run through the marine biologists facility with his computer (we've all been there) screaming "Look what somebody named funbox found, just look what funbox found!"

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

i wonder if a small committee will arise , the conservation and preservation of rock-life-forms, they might sit around discussing terrible attacks on other rockforms by other more hostile rockforms , maybe like this one ..

left nav sol581

funBox

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

funbox

very well worn ones if they are a barnacle type creature, but then if they were stuck to the rock in more aquatic times, died and then erosion eroded away the top part , I think there would only be a C part left to see.. im also going to keep my eyes out for more O's ,but then, I think we've seen a few of them already.

funBox
just bookmarked your link,my eyes are going to hurt lol.
I use this site for my pics curiosityrover.com... seems to work better on my phone.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If you look at this image again there is more anomoli at 6 and 7 oclock. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-3-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

funbox

funBox
I use this site for my pics curiosityrover.com... seems to work better on my phone.

I Liked the straightforwardness of the site you linked , has a good search function there ,

erm found this while looking at 581 from that link

looks a bit familiar*
nav 581

funBox

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
If you look at this image again there is more anomoli at 6 and 7 oclock. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-3-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

I really hate these chem cams , the contrast is terrible , adjust curves like crazy to try and bring out the details, the edges are a knightmare

funBox

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

funbox

symptomoftheuniverse

funbox

funBox

I Liked the straightforwardness of the site you linked , has a good search function there ,

erm found this while looking at 581 from that link

looks a bit familiar*
nav 581

funBox
Thats the top of the old clockface that stood above the square. Back to the future style. 21.1 gigawhats of anomolies.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

21.1 giga-what ?

I want to see some giga colour

kinda like a mouse skull, or a jaw fragment

mast 581

funBox
edit on 27-3-2014 by funbox because: add w

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Something big broken off?